Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Looking forward to some new videos!!!
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    The release HAS to be nearby. Not necessarily next weekend, but just a looming date.

Celebrities including Anna Hathaway are getting them as swag. Palm would probably not give away an unfinished product to a group of people who have a lot of influence with one of the core demographics that they're aiming for. If the Pre was given away in a really buggy state, then these celebs would spread the word about it.

Around March 1st like the screen hinted at?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    She's getting the phone at the Independent Spirit Awards which are this Saturday, the 21st. I can't imagine that they would give them to celebs too far inadvance of the launch.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    the phrase, "available by July" makes me think that she may not actually get the pre until it's released, sometime between now & july.
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    Syphon, where specifically is that image from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Syphon, where specifically is that image from?
    Its from US Weekly: Celebrity Nerds: Anne Hathaway's getting a Palm Pre - Engadget
    Quote Originally Posted by GearGoddess View Post
    the phrase, "available by July" makes me think that she may not actually get the pre until it's released, sometime between now & july.
    Yes. I don't think there's anything to get excited about in that poster.
    Apparently someone at Slashgear has a private briefing with Palm at MWC tomorrow, 8:30am:

TwitPic - Share photos on twitter

I assume that private means that it's closed to a large portion of the attendees, and that other tech journalists will also be there, not that its just going to be him there, so maybe we'll get some news from that.
    Quote Originally Posted by GearGoddess View Post
    I interpreted that as "These celebs get them now. The public can get them in July".
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    I interpreted that as "These celebs get them now. The public can get them in July".
    That's how I read it too. Especially since consumers that have high monthly bills have first dibs too.
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    I agree with GearGoddess, I read it that everyone will be getting them before July, including the celebrities.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Here's another mention of the Pre being swag at the Oscars:

Gifting suites where celebrities go during awards season to load up on freebies still abound in Los Angeles. At Saturday's Independent Spirit Awards, nominees can hit the backstage lounge to scoop up a Palm Pre, Koolaburra sheepskin boots, a Sakroots bag and a year-long membership to Crunch.
    No stepping back the swag, just the Oscar parties

Notice this article says that nominees can "scoop up" a Pre, whatever that means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    Here's another mention of the Pre being swag at the Oscars:

No stepping back the swag, just the Oscar parties

Notice this article says that nominees can "scoop up" a Pre, whatever that means.

NIce. I'm excited about this. I remember a few years ago, celebs were getting the side kick and Blackberry's as gifts, and always wondered why Palm didn't give out treo. There is not commerical you can create that would bring you as much buzz as some super famous person hanging out using the pre.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.