Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Really though....I love the drag and drop for the calendar....that is killer.
    Cool video. Maybe its a little thank you from palm for all of us who wish today was the release day. :-)
    I LOVE IT! Great action seeing how you go back and forth between apps. I like the detail view of the calendar. T_T Tears of joy. Curses for the Pre not released today aghhhh.
    very nice video.

Tks for the heads up gibsonhtp.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Hmm...when i just went to Sprints website and click on the Phones link, the Pre was up top in the header of that page and it said "goody bye status quo"

I then clicked on PDA phones, and of course it was not there. I hit the back button, and then the Instinct showed up in it's place.

Never seen the Pre up there before.

And yes...great video!
    Quote Originally Posted by ttcoupe View Post
    But how Pre knows that the message title needs to be "Dinner tonight"?
    If we're going to be picky about the video, how about this: His calendar for 2/3 initially shows six hours free between the 3-4 staff meeting and the news at 10. Then, after "meet Andrea" becomes dinner from 5-6, he STILL has six hours free in the evening.

Or am I missing something here?
    Dr J

Palm III --> Palm m500 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 (2 days!) --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p (Sprint)
    KayPro II --> IBM Portable --> Mac SE --> Mac Performa 6115CD --> Mac PPC 6500 --> Mac G4 (Yosemite) --> iMac G5 20
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr J View Post
    If we're going to be picky about the video, how about this: His calendar for 2/3 initially shows six hours free between the 3-4 staff meeting and the news at 10. Then, after "meet Andrea" becomes dinner from 5-6, he STILL has six hours free in the evening.

Or am I missing something here?
    By the end of the video (at 1:33), it's changed to 4 hours free. They don't really stay on the calendar screen for more than a few seconds after he changes the time of it, so maybe the build in use just takes a few more seconds to update that information, I don't know.
    Ooops! My bad.

Guess I have such a short attention span that I didn't see the update later.
    Dr J

Palm III --> Palm m500 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 (2 days!) --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p (Sprint)
    KayPro II --> IBM Portable --> Mac SE --> Mac Performa 6115CD --> Mac PPC 6500 --> Mac G4 (Yosemite) --> iMac G5 20
    The new video is definitely aimed at the business customer. Wonder if this means the STP might be fading away..?
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Cool video, thanks...but does this mean that now the rumors will start that the phone is being released on June 45th? I mean it does say 6:45 on the top of the screen.
    Or....does it mean June, 2045??
    Quote Originally Posted by gjlowe View Post
    Really though....I love the drag and drop for the calendar....that is killer.
    I'm wondering that if you drag it to the right, will it go to next day? Now THAT would be unbelievable...
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I like that the send button is a paper airplane. This is a slick interface.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin C View Post
    The new video is definitely aimed at the business customer. Wonder if this means the STP might be fading away..?
    Uh, no it is to combat Palm's longstanding quotes and claims it is aimed at the consumer big fat middle. They are trying to change their own descriptions and early marketing.

As far as the Treo Pro, Enterprise is not going to pick up the Pre until it has been out quite a while, probably six months or so. You might as well say Enterprise will pick up the WebOS when Pre is "fading away" for the next model!
    im going with a sale date of june 4th at 5:00pm
    Duh. Boy, if this video is getting folks excited, it is proof positive that there has been absolutely no news about this device in quite some time.
  16.    #36  
    Found something interesting. The video is supposed to take place between 6:45am and 6:46am, but, if you look 53 sec. into the video when he gets the Gtalk message from Andrea, it says 5:03pm.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gibsonhtp View Post
    Found something interesting. The video is supposed to take place between 6:45am and 6:46am, but, if you look 53 sec. into the video when he gets the Gtalk message from Andrea, it says 5:03pm.
    ok, that's the dealbreaker for me. if the thing can't even keep the time straight, then i don't want it. it sucks!
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Nope. That's the code. 5:03 = May 3rd = Sunday.

The Pre will be released May 3rd! =P
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12