1.    #1  
    I have a Centro on Sprint with about 18 months left on contract. If I get add a new phone (a Pre) to my family plan, will Sprint let me assign my existing number to the Pre and the new number to the Centro? When I was with AT&T I could just have swapped SIMs, but that doesn't work with Sprint's CDMA.
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
    Is a frog waterproof?

You can do it yourself online.

:-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captweez View Post
    Is a frog waterproof?

You can do it yourself online.

:-)
    You learn something everyday. I really didn't know that.

I communicate with CS via email to resolve billing issues but swapping numbers between devices online is a new one.

Tks Captweez
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    NP, when you log into you personal account, on the left side it shows the picture of your Centro. Under neither it will say upgrade or activate a new phone. Just find the link that say you already have the phone, and basically you get instructions on how to reprogram the phone. (Similar to a SIM card swap)

Then just repeat the process on the other line.
    Just out of curiosity, even though it doesn't apply to me... does Sprint charge an activation fee to do this? I know on an individual plan, if a phone already been activated with them and you want to switch back to it, they won't charge the fee, but I wonder how that works on a family plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captweez View Post
    NP, when you log into you personal account, on the left side it shows the picture of your Centro. Under neither it will say upgrade or activate a new phone. Just find the link that say you already have the phone, and basically you get instructions on how to reprogram the phone. (Similar to a SIM card swap)

Then just repeat the process on the other line.
    Got it,
    Tks again Captweez
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    In my experience on an individual plan, I never got charged an activation fee for an ESN swap. Don't know why they would on a family plan but who knows. Also, I think if I were you I'd activate the Pre on the line you purchased it for to get it "activated" then do the switch. But I have no real knowledge to support that, I'm just guessing it might be less problems.
    I've never been charged for ESN swap on single plans. I even used it for Brand New and once for an eBay phone and no charge. I would assume it is the same for family plan.
    I am pretty sure you have to leave the Pre on the new numbered line for 30 days. Then after that you can change it to whatever line you want. This is what I have been able to get out of them at least. But as you all know.. it just depends on which rep you get on the phone...lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmexx323 View Post
    I am pretty sure you have to leave the Pre on the new numbered line for 30 days. Then after that you can change it to whatever line you want. This is what I have been able to get out of them at least. But as you all know.. it just depends on which rep you get on the phone...lol.
    Not positive, but I think this has to do with rebates
    I am assuming that he will be using the rebates that come with the new line that he is adding to purchase the Pre on. If he is paying full price for the phone, there is no need for a new line to get the pre with. He can just purchase the pre at full price and ESN swap no problems...