Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    I haven't seen this video. It certainly seems to show a live device as opposed to some fancy macros or something which some have claimed. He calls the Pre from a Centro to show how it automatically answers when you take it off the Touchstone and goes to speakerphone when you set it back on it.

Demo with a live Palm Pre! - SprintUsers.com
    Thanks, I haven't seen this one.. I'm definitely getting the Touchstone.

The more I see Videos of it, the more I want one.. From what I've seen, Palm has done a great job.
    Last edited by Bigchris; 02/13/2009 at 09:05 PM.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    man I already want at least 2 touchstones....it's sad
    Nice find!
    That's the type of demo I've been looking for! Thanks for the find.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Yeah the guy explained quite a bit and there were some good questions as well. Gotta love that indian accent! Good proof that the phone was live, since he called it and texted it from the other phone he had laying around. He also noted the part about side loading apps...good stuff.

I am guessing the Google Maps app must not be working yet, since it was never used.
    I hope the touchstone is reasonably priced. I want two too (work & home).
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    I haven't seen this video. It certainly seems to show a live device as opposed to some fancy macros or something which some have claimed. He calls the Pre from a Centro to show how it automatically answers when you take it off the Touchstone and goes to speakerphone when you set it back on it.

Demo with a live Palm Pre! - SprintUsers.com

Great find nlowhor

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    also remember that you more than likely will have to get a single plan of 69.99 so in three months you will get 25% off the price of this
    I'm working and don't have time right now to check out all those links (I will later though!). Could someone point me to the one being referred to?
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Well that's just irritating. SprintUsers merged the threads. I can't find the video I originally posted about now.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Ok here it is. Direct link
    Thanks!
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    I usually bounce between SprintUsers.com

Palm Pre Discussion - SprintUsers.com

and here. I figured I'd get total coverage on all the news
    Did anyone else kinda cringe when he dropped the Pre?
    XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Did anyone else kinda cringe when he dropped the Pre?
    XD
    I did as well. It was a great video. Probably the best I've seen yet.

Did you see when he was highlighting an item on his grocery list in Notes and although he got it to copy and paste he did say they were still working on that function?

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover