Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Actually it is the competition that was delayed:

Palm Inc. shares were up as CL King, citing the U.K. newspaper The Guardian, says Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. has delayed the unveiling of the latest smartphones based on Google Inc.'s Android system. Samsung was supposed to unveil the phones at a trade show next week but now apparently will not.

What this really means is that Palm has to bedazzle the Europeans in Barcelona next week.
    I am wondering if Palm will have a flashy presentation in Barcelona like they did at CES, or if they will just have their booth up showing some more of the phone and maybe given us a bit more information.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I am wondering if Palm will have a flashy presentation in Barcelona like they did at CES, or if they will just have their booth up showing some more of the phone and maybe given us a bit more information.
    Do you think Sprint will want them showing GSM at ths point?
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Do you think Sprint will want them showing GSM at ths point?
    As long as it is a European GSM unit, I don't know why Sprint would have a HUGE issue. I mean...they HAVE to understand that Palm needs an international seller to be competitive. Not to understand would be just stupid.....
    Quote Originally Posted by solar_plexus View Post
    As long as it is a European GSM unit, I don't know why Sprint would have a HUGE issue. I mean...they HAVE to understand that Palm needs an international seller to be competitive. Not to understand would be just stupid.....
    agrred - if it's GMS set for EU, i also can;t see sprint having an issue with it
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    May be this:
    "Credit Suisse initiates coverage on Palm, Inc. (Nasdaq: PALM) with an Outperform rating. The firm expects the stock to outperform ahead of the launch of its new smarthphone and OS, which is expected to meaningfully grow market share and expand margins. They said revenues could almost double over the next two years.

Palm, Inc. provides mobile products for individual users and business customers worldwide."
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    May be this:
    "Credit Suisse initiates coverage on Palm, Inc. (Nasdaq: PALM) with an Outperform rating. The firm expects the stock to outperform ahead of the launch of its new smarthphone and OS, which is expected to meaningfully grow market share and expand margins. They said revenues could almost double over the next two years.

Palm, Inc. provides mobile products for individual users and business customers worldwide."
    Well between that and the news on the lack of new Android phones at Barcelona, that ought to explain the rise.

And yeah, why wouldn't they show a GSM version for the Pre. After all, they mentioned it already at CES, and besides that, word is out and about as far as the canadian and possibly other american carriers starting next year.
    Can you see that the Pre GSM phone comes out before the Pre CDMA Sprint phone, they announce next week they will be sold in Europe March 1st.
    Maybe they still have hope for a 2/15 release lol.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    As Ehsan said, the action was due to pre-announcement whisper on Credit Suisse's "Outperform" upgrade and $11 price target.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12