Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know these tech specs on are on Palm's website but Sprint has updated their website. Hopefully this means the release will be before June??
    Sprint - Palm Pre
    Good find! Means things are moving a bit. I have a hunch that we'll have a lot of news next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by bommarkm View Post
    I know these tech specs on are on Palm's website but Sprint has updated their website. Hopefully this means the release will be before June??
    Sprint - Palm Pre
    I noticed that it says requires "Everything Plan Required" but then a charge for data if no data plan? Can someone explain this?
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Yup, we're going to hear that it auto records phone calls while auto transcribing the conversation to a text file that can be read by documents to go or immediately emailed to the reciever of your choice.

Plus we'll find out that it can learn which programs you use most often at what time of the day to properly adjust the quickwave to better suit your needs.

And you can take off the space bar to find out it's also a toothpick.

This is what my sources tell me.

(Ok... I actually like the idea of an adjusting quickwave launcher... )
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    I like the idea of transcribing phone conversations to text on the fly. That would be so awesome if a program like that were ever made.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Good find! Means things are moving a bit. I have a hunch that we'll have a lot of news next week.
    So are we going to have a release date of May 15?

I am surprised that PreCentral or Treo Central have not announced a "Free Pre" with the correct date of release!
    Good catch. Hopefully we will hear something soon.
    Tks for the heads-up.
    I'm just noticing that WMA is not listed.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Thanks for catching that bommarkm!! Sweet find!

wrote it up
    To put it in context: "Phone offer: While supplies last. Requires activation on an Everything Plan with data." Then it says the second part of the equation: "Data: a $.03/KB charge applies without a data plan."

What I get from this is that to take advantage of promotional pricing for new customers the phone would have to be activated with an Everything Plan ($69.99, 89.99 or 99.99). If you are willing to shell out more money and not take advantage of the full promotions then the second disclaimer is for you: Data charge will apply if you don't have a data plan.
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
    Uhm...what do they mean by " while supplies last"....what the hell?
    Quote Originally Posted by xchpstang View Post
    To put it in context: "Phone offer: While supplies last. Requires activation on an Everything Plan with data." Then it says the second part of the equation: "Data: a $.03/KB charge applies without a data plan."

What I get from this is that to take advantage of promotional pricing for new customers the phone would have to be activated with an Everything Plan ($69.99, 89.99 or 99.99). If you are willing to shell out more money and not take advantage of the full promotions then the second disclaimer is for you: Data charge will apply if you don't have a data plan.
    Hope that stands, I sure do not want the SEP, (but I will if that is what it takes) Wish Palm would give a release date, Apple did it with the Iphone but Palm has always closed it's mouth! They have to play their card right and if they mess up they will hurt Sprint again!
    What a Kick in the Anticipation pants!

Great Find
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by xchpstang View Post
    Where does it say that? I've read the specs as well and it doesn't show any of that for me.

Edit: Oops, I didn't realize the actual main page scrolled down, never mind.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 02/11/2009 at 08:22 PM.
    It's in the middle of the paragraph.
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    It's in the middle of the paragraph.
    Yeah, I thought it was actually contained in the flash somewhere, not noticing the scrollbar on the right for the actual page where it was written.
    OK... I went to check on something on that site... and guess what... it is gone.... Sprint, and all these now you see it and now you don't links, need to stop
    Maybe they are "updating" it with some more info.
    Maybe an arrival date??? ;-)
    I would hope we find out the release date in by Sunday. If not, I'm not keeping taps on it anymore.
    specs still there for me?

Sprint - Palm Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast