1.    #1  
    nothing fancy, just a two page spread with about 3 paragraphs of text.

1. they said they'd had HANDS ON with the device, that it was slick to use, and responsive on multi tasking.

2. they consider it a legitimate Iphone killer making mention of copy n paste, mms etc, ie all the things the iphone can't do.

3. really sing the puck as a key selling point (ie cool factor)

4. mention that the keys are a bit recessed and that some people might find it awkward long term.

overall, positive. only a few paragraphs but good press in a key UK magazine concerning new tech.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Does it mention release and price? =P

But cool. Now how can I get a hands on....
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
  3.    #3  
    just says summer 09. which of course is really just a bit of placeholding for the article as price is also just £TBA.
  4.    #4  
    the positive thing for me is that its getting some press inches in a mainstream tech mag which sits on a shelf in full view of public.

the Pre itself was on the front cover and the two page spread includes nice big photos of the phone.

just the kind of exposure it needs, and the fact they are calling it an iphone killer.

now of course, that terms been used an awful lot over the last 18 months or so, b ut they did make the point that it does things the iphone can't which is a big plus in exposure for me.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Oh wow, on the cover too. Even cooler.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Scan it. I wanna see. =)

Edit:
    Off topic: BTW, it sucks that Stuff magazine was discontinued in the US. I had like 4 years of subscription left. They added the remaining years to my Blender account (I think. Or Maxim. I forget), but still...
    Yeah the Pre needs some exposure in those type of magazines here as well! That would really get the ball rolling, if Palm and Sprint knows what's good for them, don't just do TV ads but also spend some money to get the Pre into youth oriented magazines. Once it makes the cover of Playboy.....lol
    in there review they say that web os is to fiddly.
    Windows Mobile is fiddly....from what I have seen, webOS is anything but! And I am not sure what they mean about the keyboard being easy to type on, but might not be so great for extensive typing...it's a cell phone keyboard, what do you expect, using the 10 finger system on it?

Sounds like they really had to fish for the CONS column.
  10.    #11  
    agreed. they were really really fishing for something negative to give the article 'balance'
    I don't think the US Stuff was nearly as gadget oriented.

Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Scan it. I wanna see. =)

Edit:
    Off topic: BTW, it sucks that Stuff magazine was discontinued in the US. I had like 4 years of subscription left. They added the remaining years to my Blender account (I think. Or Maxim. I forget), but still...
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post

I almost had my own Pre with that one....
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    I just wonder how they can call something a review when its not out yet. I mean they do clearly say in the text its a non-production model, but if its not out yet, that makes it a Preview, not a Review.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    I almost had my own Pre with that one....
    Haha!
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    I always found that magazine to be condescending to Americans. Maybe that's why it failed here.
    would the information in that Magazine be for the GSM version since it is a UK magazine
    "making it a real bundle of hurt for smartphone pretenders like the BlackBerry Storm and T-Mobile G1."

hehe
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.