Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    As with the other "Wow is wearing Off" thread, I have to say, things are getting boring. (at least for me that is)

Palm needs to shake things up a bit and release a damn date to get the excitement rolling!

anyone agree?

///rant
    With all the waiting as mentioned in the other thread, I've started to look at what competing phones are also slated for release this year. There are some nice phones coming out this year, so palm better not wait too long. Honestly if this release drifts into summer, I'm afraid they may miss the boat.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    I would agree, but I'd sound like a fanboy or immature or impatient or... <insert other snide remark here>. So, no, I DO NOT agree.
    Maybe some crumbs will leak today... Palm has some type of Big meeting today.... and yeah, summer time for Palm may be deadly time
    They won't miss MY boat, but I'm really bored allready. I need some info to get thru the day ;-)
    I think what is boring is checking the forum and all the news sites for Palm Pre info and finding nothing. When that happens to me too many times in one day (yes, I've gotten to be an addict), I get frustrated. There was so much juicey stuff for a while, and gradually it has just dried up.

I don't think the Pre is boring, but the search for Pre information is what has become boring.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    The next milestone is MWC in Barcelona.

Which comes - drum roll - next week.

Palm will make some announcements. I'm turning blue.

I'm hoping that I can breathe next week.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    As mentioned, today we may get a nugget of information from the conference call by Ed.
    Good things come to those who wait!
    Threads like this just confuse me because if the main thing that would stop you from getting a Pre is the release of a new iPhone or Android phone, then why even bother keeping up with the Pre? Just wait for those phones and be done with it. It will be released, and shortly thereafter, newer phones with some feature or another the Pre does not have will follow. This is guaranteed to happen regardless of whether the Pre is released Feb. 15th, March 15th, June 15th, or Nov. 15.

I mean, the iPhone OS has been out and largely unchanged for almost two years now. The world is going to stop if they come out with a 32GB one with a higher definition screen and maybe a video camera? Android's been stagnant since release. A new Android phone with an onscreen keyboard is going to rock the industry? Somebody releases a Windows Mobile phone with a big screen like the Touch HD, and it's a whole new ball game? I just don't see it.

It's not like Palm is resting with thousands of boxes of production Pre phones sitting around. They're getting it to market as fast as they can. It doesn't behoove them to wait any longer than it does you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    As mentioned, today we may get a nugget of information from the conference call by Ed.
    Yeah Ed, PULEEEEEEZE give us something more to talk about!
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    i'm 2 blocks away from the fairmont hotel, where the conference is happening. shall i go stalk ed? "ed??? pre??? please???"
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    This is the first phone i've actually been excited about and not knowing a price or release date is killing me. i hope palm relleases this information within the next week or so.
    Constantly checking a section just for updates will get you nowhere and you will end up disappointed every time. Actually taking your mind off of it and doing other things to turn around and come back might surprise you. Don't expect some earth shattering news every time you log on and just participate in discussions about what you do know about the product.
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Threads like this just confuse me because if the main thing that would stop you from getting a Pre is the release of a new iPhone or Android phone, then why even bother keeping up with the Pre? Just wait for those phones and be done with it. It will be released, and shortly thereafter, newer phones with some feature or another the Pre does not have will follow. This is guaranteed to happen regardless of whether the Pre is released Feb. 15th, March 15th, June 15th, or Nov. 15.

I mean, the iPhone OS has been out and largely unchanged for almost two years now. The world is going to stop if they come out with a 32GB one with a higher definition screen and maybe a video camera? Android's been stagnant since release. A new Android phone with an onscreen keyboard is going to rock the industry? Somebody releases a Windows Mobile phone with a big screen like the Touch HD, and it's a whole new ball game? I just don't see it.

It's not like Palm is resting with thousands of boxes of production Pre phones sitting around. They're getting it to market as fast as they can. It doesn't behoove them to wait any longer than it does you.
    Agree with this guy. I'll continue to look at other phones released or talked about but i still see nothing to change my mind about the Pre. Maybe win7 in 2010? Heck, by then we'll see upgrades to webOS and others though. There's not a compelling thing any competitor is going to do in the next year..much less June that will take away the impact the Pre will bring (in June..).
  16.    #16  
    OH NO perhaps we are not on the same comprehension.

-I will def get a Pre... just no new news is making the Pre boring, in terms of excitement.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    oh no perhaps we are not on the same comprehension.

-i will def get a pre... Just no new news is making the pre boring, in terms of excitement.
    +1...
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    OH NO perhaps we are not on the same comprehension.

-I will def get a Pre... just no new news is making the Pre boring, in terms of excitement.
    LOL..yeah, simply saying so and so will do an app and doing a demo of it would be fine with me. Or addressing some nagging questions about syncing. Or even an extensive demo of a particular feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    +1...
    please add 2 (son and myself)
    I just had to add this.... Don't get this wrong by any means I am not an IPhanboy... but a $99 Iphone and updated Iphone 3G for June
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast