Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    Probably the biggest catalyst for this in California is the fact that ATT's 3G network $ucks!
    The first gen iPhone, many AT&T "3G" phones, and all T-mobile phones require wifi if they're going to have a hope of keeping up with CDMA's more consistent and widely installed 3G. Wifi is less important in the CDMA community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    The first gen iPhone, many AT&T "3G" phones, and all T-mobile phones require wifi if they're going to have a hope of keeping up with CDMA's more consistent and widely installed 3G. Wifi is less important in the CDMA community.
    I agree - I could really care less about WiFi with Sprint or even VZW. Just making a point about what I believe is an Achilles heel for the iPhone - ATT's network. WiFi is the savior, IMHO, for many who use it.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Whenever I travel by car, I make it a point to locate a Panera Bread. Their wifi is very reliable and it's free.
    I've also had good WiFi connections at Panera Bread, and great food! In fact I was traveling the day the Pre was announced and downloaded the whole CES video and a bunch of Pre photos at a Panera to hold me over until I got home.
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    I've also had good WiFi connections at Panera Bread, and great food! In fact I was traveling the day the Pre was announced and downloaded the whole CES video and a bunch of Pre photos at a Panera to hold me over until I got home.
    And you right on about the food.

When in Florida, I used Panera in Orlando, Tampa and Clearwater. The strange thing about the one in Tampa is that my wifi connection would only last 45 mins and then I could not connect again. But others that had been then before me were still connected after me. My laptop just didn't like it for more than 45 mins. But when you're out of town, 45 mins is better than nothing

My friend in Orlando can not connect at the Panera in Orlando at all but doesn't have any problems at any other Panera. I guess his laptop doesn't like it at all in Olando.

A bit off topic. My son and I had two identical laptops. His wouldn't connect when he was sitting in my recliner. No argument from me.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12