Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Twitter / Paul Kedrosky: roger mcnamee wandering ar ...

Apparently the man is wandering around the TED conference with a Pre. Does this mean anything? Does he have a live device and could that mean the production models are ready or near? We need more info.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    I'll add these 2 posts.

Twitter / Mike Cane: Oh damn! There will be a ...
    Twitter / Michael Parekh: Got some hands on time wit ...

Apparently some people are getting to play with a pre-production unit at TED. Maybe some more info will come out of that.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    Twitter / Paul Kedrosky: roger mcnamee wandering ar ...

Apparently the man is wandering around the TED conference with a Pre. Does this mean anything? Does he have a live device and could that mean the production models are ready or near? We need more info.
    He's been doing demos in public since CES. In fact he has showed us more features than Palm did at CES.

He's on Palm's board and principal in their main investor - Elevation Partners.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    He's been doing demos in public since CES. In fact he has showed us more features than Palm did at CES.

He's on Palm's board and principal in their main investor - Elevation Partners.
    Do you have any videos to those demos besides the ones we've seen already like the one where he reveals the whole "Pre will email the people you're supposed to meet if you are going to be late" thing?
    Luckay guy! If I was sporting the Pre in my area. I doubt anyone would even notice. Kerrville isn't exactely a tech hub by any means. I bartend to get me through school, and TONS of people come to me to help them with their cellphones and such. Yep... No one would really care at all.
    Don't forget these either.

austinhill: @pkedrosky Roger's Palm Pre phone rocks. What did you think of it?

pkedrosky: @austinhill love it. palm pre is way better than i expected.

johnolilly: Just got a demo of the new Palm Pre from Roger McNamee - looks fantastic - looking forward to it. Competition is good. :-)

billbarhydt: Just got a palm pre demo from roger mcnamee. Holy ****. This thing could actually save sprint. Amazing.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 02/07/2009 at 04:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Kerrville
    Hey Pedro,
    I've been to Kerville but it was a long time ago. It's a beautiful town.
    Good Luck
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Do you have any videos to those demos besides the ones we've seen already like the one where he reveals the whole "Pre will email the people you're supposed to meet if you are going to be late" thing?
    That's the ones I was talking about.
    Tom
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Hey, does anyone have a video of Roger at TED?
    Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Hey, does anyone have a video of Roger at TED?
    From what I understand, he wasn't actually giving a speech or anything, just demoing to attendees who asked, so I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't any.
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    Apparently some people are getting to play with a pre-production unit at TED. Maybe some more info will come out of that.
    You didn't throw 'pre' in there on purpose did you?
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    You didn't throw 'pre' in there on purpose did you?
    Yeah, he said it was a production unit too..