View Poll Results: Will You Switch to Sprint for the Palm Pre?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will switch to Sprint

15 12.20%
  • I will wait for Verizon

8 6.50%
  • I will wait for Unlocked GSM

17 13.82%
  • I will wait for Att

8 6.50%
  • I will wait for T-Mo

0 0%
  • I Prolly won't ever Get a Pre

3 2.44%
  • I'm already with Sprint

72 58.54%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ok,

I need to chime in and support Sprint a little. Two reasons:

1. I was out of the state for 5 weeks this summer and went over y plan by 4000 minutes. I have the 2000 minutes for $85 plan so I was used to calling who ever/when ever I wanted. I had no idea I had gone over by so much. Sprint actually called me before my bill came to ask why I had gone over by so many minutes. They said my bill was $600 and PROACTIVELY offered to "split it with me" and cut my bill by $300. They said next time to let them know ahead of time and they would change my plan for a month. Unbelievable. I was ready to pay the whole thing - it was totally my fault. Big points to them for this.

2. I tried AT&T and hated their coverage and billing. I really don't want to go back. I worked for them 16 years ago and was happy then. I wanted to like them but the coverage in Indianapolis and other Midwestern cities was much worse in my experience than Sprint.

So after 10+ years with Sprint, I would be very happy to spend a few more years with them. Their basic customer service is poor. Their rebate handling was really bad a few years ago but ok now. And their coverage is better than AT&T's IMHO so, I recommend Sprint.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    The Pre looks very interesting. To the point of the thread though -- I do not ever see myself switching back to Sprint. The Pre will have to come to GSM with the US 3G frequencies before I even consider it. If AT&T subsidized the phone it'd be on my short list once I'm eligible for an upgrade. An unlocked version that worked on AT&T would be fine if the price was right.

That said, I'd also need to wait and see just how good of a phone and how many Developers support it. I have quite a few Windows Mobile 3rd party apps loaded that I have to have.
    Looks like the exclusive is 6 months.
    http://kansascity.bizjournals.com/kansascity/stories/2009/02/09/story2.html?b=1234155600^1774505
    Last edited by patchs; 02/07/2009 at 10:06 AM.
    I'll throw in my support for Sprint too. I've had Sprint for about 6 or 7 years, and their coverage has steadily gotten better. My experiences with CS have been good, but that only proves that it's possible to have Sprint and get good customer service.

About a year ago, I was having coverage issues in and around my office building. It took a while, but Sprint eventually fixed the problem.

I might have switched to Verizon during that time if it hadn't been for the cost differential on data plans.

If I weren't already a Sprint customer, though, I would switch to Sprint for the Pre.
    I've been with Sprint for 3 years now. At first I had slight billing issues and CS issues. For the past year I've had no issues whatsoever. I enjoy cheaper plans and the best 3G and voice coverage in my area. Sprint has earned a very bad wrap in the past. I hope that they can turn a positive light on themselves soon enough, because they really are a great carrier. For me at least.
    I use both spint and verizon. My personal account is with verizon, and my buisness phone is with sprint. Because it is a buissness line I havn't had any dealings with Sprint's CS, but covereage has never been an issue in MA. I can tell you that phone selection for VZW is aweful and their CS is no picnic. I think that no one will be truely happy with CS, especially with a dvice like a treo, the reps aren't really trained on them. I would concider switching. But only if the exclusive turns out to b permanent.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Umm, thats not possible unless you dont have a data plan at all or live outside the 3G area. THe 755p has EV-DO (I have the 700p, and my gf has the 755p).
    I think he was referring to the fact that the 700p/755p can't really take advantage of the 3G speeds (even if the radio was Rev. A), as the system limits its ability to handle it.
    Well, considering the fact that Verizon doesn't seem to have a worry about customer retention (I've been trying to switch from the storm to the centro and it's like pulling teeth. Verizon would rather loose a customer than exchange a phone).

So making the switch will not be difficult for me in the least. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the pre to finally be released.
    Quote Originally Posted by gibsonhtp View Post
    Well, considering the fact that Verizon doesn't seem to have a worry about customer retention (I've been trying to switch from the storm to the centro and it's like pulling teeth. Verizon would rather loose a customer than exchange a phone).

So making the switch will not be difficult for me in the least. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the pre to finally be released.
    Did u try to return the phone within the 30 days? If you did, they shouldn't have given you a problem. If you didn't, I don't know what else to say but I expect them to give anybody trouble just like any other company would. I had a storm and I returned it on the 30th day with no questions asked.

For the topic of the post, I would have to wait for a Verizon version. Unless sprint has a lifetime exclusivity, Verizon takes too long to release, or Verizon cripples it (takes out wifi,etc), then I'll get the Pre on Sprint in a heartbeat.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Turbo are you in Baton Rouge, if so how is the reception on Sprint. I sent you a message about this.
    David
    Quote Originally Posted by joelpalm View Post
    Sidenote, threadjack. I have counted 3 active posters in J-ville. Woot!
    Mandarin in da house!!

If you have Sprint, how is your coverage? My gf's 755p gets way better reception than my 2 yr old 700p. I need to warranty my 700p to get a fresh one before I upgrade to the Pre...
  12. joelpalm
    OP here. I have tmobile now, waiting for Pre to come out before I make the jump.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlw View Post
    Turbo are you in Baton Rouge, if so how is the reception on Sprint. I sent you a message about this.
    David
    Sorry I missed that davidlw.
    I don't but my sons and daughter-in-laws all went to LSU and all had Sprint. Their coverage was very good.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    I might leave sprint and resign unless they can do better than $75 off for me. I'll take a new number if I can get new subscriber prices.
    If you qualify or are eligible for any Srint upgrade, check Bestbuy first. They give the new customer price to eligible upgrades.
    Is there an option for those ALREADY on Sprint?

If I wasn't already on Sprint, then hèll yeah, I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    If you qualify or are eligible for any Srint upgrade, check Bestbuy first. They give the new customer price to eligible upgrades.
    This is a good tip. Thank you.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Darn I'm surprised with how many people with sprint already... lol

Bunch of cheap skates on this forum... with the sero plan an all.... I'm guilty... lol
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post

Bunch of cheap skates on this forum... with the sero plan an all.... I'm guilty... lol
    I was surprised about that also.
    And nobody waiting for the T-Mo Pre.
    Just call me Berd.
    $130/mo for SE everything plan with a wireless card. Is that being a cheap skate?
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post

Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    It doesn't surprise me much that many have Sprint, if you pay attention to what's available, and are on the heavier side of data/SMS/etc usage (as opposed to just phone), which you are likely to be if you are on this forum, then the Sprint plans are definitely a good value.

T-Mobile - unless you want the low prices with GSM and you are willing to live with their network...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast