Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Sweet......................
    Thanks for the heads up. A little google time and I found this written by Chuq. Interesting to me because I'm still struggling to visualize how the Pre and the cloud will work together.

The biggest problem with Web 2.0 today is…. : Chuqui 3.0

At least one of the extended videos on the Pre talks about the concept of silos -- that changing data on the Pre will still leave the other silos unchanged or something like that. I had never heard the term information silo used before and I've been thinking about it since. Unfortunately, lots of churning going on in my brain but not much coming out yet. Anybody have any good explanation or metaphor?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    That's good. Maybe he can explain why they haven't released the SDK yet.
    Because the SDK, as far as I can tell, isn't ready yet. Trust me, they're not sitting back and playing golf instead of working on it. When there's a choice between NOW and GOOD, I always recommend choosing good...

I'll have a better idea once I actually get there and they don't have to hide the good stuff from me...

chuq
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chuq View Post
    Because the SDK, as far as I can tell, isn't ready yet. Trust me, they're not sitting back and playing golf instead of working on it. When there's a choice between NOW and GOOD, I always recommend choosing good...

I'll have a better idea once I actually get there and they don't have to hide the good stuff from me...

chuq
    Welcome aboard! Thanks for chiming in....we look forward to whatever info you can provide.
    Welcome Chuq, please chime in here even after you work there allready with some updates here and there.... Don't g silent on us afterwards ;-)
    Glad to be around. I have to admit, I owned a Palm way back when it still had the word "pilot" on it and loved it, and loved my Treos over the years as well. I've been off (ahem) dating other phones for a while, but I'm absolutely thrilled with what I've seen so far of the Pre and what Palm is doing, and can't tell you how much I want to dig in and get involved.

That said, until I start there and get some sense of the landscape, I'm guessing as much as the rest of you are, so I'm going to sit back and do a lot of listening to start....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    Welcome Chuq, please chime in here even after you work there allready with some updates here and there.... Don't g silent on us afterwards ;-)
    That might not be up to him.
    well at least they put a hockey fan in charge. though it is a shark fan... which leaves more to be desired! lol

GO AVS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    That might not be up to him.
    Quite true. Maybe he can at least communicate his enthusiasm so we know if he is liking what he is learning...?
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    Quite true. Maybe he can at least communicate his enthusiasm so we know if he is liking what he is learning...?
    That is a good thing....... if we can read or he portrays his enthusiasm in his posts then most of us should know what to expect
    Welcome aboard Chuq. Nice to have you here.
    Welcome Chuq! Congrats on the new position! I mean during these difficult times most of us are blessed to just be employed. You on the other hand are not only blessed to have a job, but to work for a company that's on a HUGE comeback trail. It must be exciting