Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Palm seems to be adding info about the Pre to the web site lately.

One of the screen shots shows the top line: Calendar, time, connection type, signal strength, and battery level

Next Line: Date, "All"

Then weather

Then today's schedule with 2 calendars.

---

What other choices are there besides layered?

I don't recall seeing that screen before.

What else do we know about the calendar?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Palm seems to be adding info about the Pre to the web site lately.

One of the screen shots shows the top line: Calendar, time, connection type, signal strength, and battery level

Next Line: Date, "All"

Then weather

Then today's schedule with 2 calendars.

---

What other choices are there besides layered?

I don't recall seeing that screen before.

What else do we know about the calendar?
    Tks for the heads up. I just checked it out.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Your are able to see what calendars you want to see.

When you click the "all" button, it will display a list of the "cloud" calendars that you have given "pre" permission to access, you are then able to choose which calendars you want to see.

The weather is just a add on to one of the google calendars.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gibsonhtp; 02/05/2009 at 02:17 AM. Reason: add photo
    I think one of the biggest innovations on the Pre will be the ability for spouses/SO's to SHARE their calendars (? contacts as well) with one another. That could be the primary driving force getting whole families to buy a Pre for everybody!
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysurf View Post
    I think one of the biggest innovations on the Pre will be the ability for spouses/SO's to SHARE their calendars (? contacts as well) with one another. That could be the primary driving force getting whole families to buy a Pre for everybody!
    I currently do this with Goosync, and its a decent solution. But the Pre is going to be much faster and more reliable...not to mention cheaper!

One thing I wonder...in my Google calendar, I have multiple calendars. I wonder if I have to add each one or if adding my calendar will show all of the different calendars (categories) in my main Google calendar.
    That's the idea, to be able to see ALL your calenders, and not to over schedule yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    That's the idea, to be able to see ALL your calenders, and not to over schedule yourself.
    No...I know that. What I am asking is if I have to add EACH calendar into the Pre that is in my Google calendar. Or if I just add my main calendar, it will automatically include all of the sub-calendars I have. I guess its a functional question I wasnt expecting an answer to until we get more info.
    Oh, sorry I couldn't answer that, I wish I was able to answer that (if I would of had it allready....)
    TOMD - thanks for the web site updates. All these little changes keee pus coming back for more.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepysurf View Post
    I definitely agree - especially for families with lots of kids that have different activities (sports etc) and 2 busy parents who have their own work schedules. The parents would really want a device they can use that shows their schedule both in and outside of work so they can coordinate their plans more efficiently.
    I sync my calendars now on my iphone with nuevasync, and it shows all my sub calendars. I have to think palm will do the same.

I can't wait to ditch this iphone..even jailbroken it's a friggin' toy.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre