Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I hope I don't get flamed for this post. I'm a frequent on the Crackberry forums where the term "Palm" is a joke. Like one of our members said, "Palm devices are electronic wafers that robots puke on." Also, the term "Windows Mobile" is a naughty word where I come from too.

I didn't take much stock into Palm releasing a new device. I didn't even bother researching it because Palm devices have always been considered jokes. (From my neck of the woods)

I spent 5 hours researching the Palm Pre last night and am anxiously awaiting using my Blackberry Curve as a back up device. I hate to give it to you guys, but the Pre's UI makes a Blackberry look like it crawled out of the 60's. I have been a Blackberry user for a VERY long time, and I use my Blackberry A LOT. I've always been considered a fanboy and such. So this is going to be a pretty big switch for me. The fact that Palm built WebOS from the ground up with a Linux base REALLY impresses me.

Only thing that scares me about the Pre is the battery life. I really don't matter carrying backup batteries on me though. I do it when I have a long day with my Blackberry. The keyboard also frightens me a bit, the squishy feeling of previous palm devices never really appealed to me. I think the keyboard will come just as naturally as my Curve's in time.

So Gratz to us all. I hope a lot of guys like me can boost Palm back up to compete with RIM and the dreaded Apple.

Let's all hope it launches sooner rather than later!
    Since Blackberry is a joke to me, I'm not surprised...

Just kidding, to each his own, I say. My Centro works great for me. Just use whatever works best for you.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    The fact that Palm built WebOS from the ground up with a Linux base REALLY impresses me.!
    welcome... but personally its not even linux that has me excited. to me its all about a os designed from the ground up for a phone (and the reason i think its going to end up being very successful)

and im with you.... it cant come out soon enough. (currently still using my windows mobile 5 moto Q)
    I went to Blackberry a few weeks ago, but cant wait to return to the Palm world... Can't stand BB so far anyway.
    Last edited by Mahootzki; 02/04/2009 at 09:21 PM.
  5.    #5  
    I love my Blackberry very much. It's stable as can be. I never have resets or anything of that nature. It works well for what it is. But I need something with a bit more glam, and a more functional web browser, seeing as how I do that the most with the phone. The Blackberry does not cut it at all as far as anything Web goes.

One question for you all. Push E Mail will work with the Pre right?
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    bbm ftw!
    i am in the same boat! only i returned my storm after the Pre was announced and now am phoneless awaiting the pre! i still lurk the crackberry forums checking up on the status of the storm and how the OS is coming along.
  8.    #8  
    Yeah, the Storm's launch was the most botched launch I've seen. Apparently .99 is pretty nice though.

Hopefully we'll go through nothing like that with the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    Since Blackberry is a joke to me, I'm not surprised...

Just kidding, to each his own, I say. My Centro works great for me. Just use whatever works best for you.
    That was a good one!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Without PALM (Actually 3M Robotics)... there is no Blackberry.
    o_O

Then without Handspring, there are no Treos...

Not our fault PALM could not innovate (and Sony innovated but never responded to their user-base)...

Then again, just because I am a PALM person I give WM, iPhone, NOkia phones, and Blackberries their due... no problem...

Just that I am a diehard PALM user...
    (and I am not alone)

Shame people don't respect their history.
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
  11.    #11  
    My post wasn't meant to offend. Just display my disposition. I'm mostly ignorant when it comes to Palm. I am NOT ignorant when it comes to WinMo though. WinMo and me never got along. Infact, as soon as I heard that Windows had nothing to do with this handset is when I started my research.

Excuse my lapse in history.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Welcome! It's always good to hear of fresh users. I completely expect a lot of old Palm users to return. I expect a lot of current inexperienced Sprint customers to upgrade. The non-Sprint, non-Palm users... well... marketing is going to have to be good.

And as I've never used a Blackberry, and I'm pretty sure I really just don't fully grasp why the email experience on BB's is so great, I can't really help you, hopefully someone else will.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Got tired of that trackball huh?
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
    Good post, i bought my first Smart(dumb)phone 2 years ago, I wanted to get into the market of smart phones and @ the time the Moto Q was 99 with the rebate, and i had to buy 2.... I am needing a new phone and WinMo is not impressing me, especially since I was not able to upgrade to WinMo 6.1 on my Q...... I was ready to purchase a Touch @ the beginning of Jan I am glad I w8d
    I hope I don't get flamed for this post. I'm a frequent on the Crackberry forums where the term "Palm" is a joke. Like one of our members said, "Palm devices are electronic wafers that robots puke on."

hey !!! I'm insulted. I think all of Palm / treocentral memebrs should go invade that crackberry site. Go defend our reputation.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Palm has been developing devices before RIM made the crackberry. RIM's "Storm" was a pathetic response to the iPhone. A click screen. Seriously. A whole screen that clicks. Sad. At least Palm took the time (2 years) to develop something worth while instead of putting out a piece of crap excuse for a touch screen device. Don't get me wrong. The other RIM products are great, but I think they will be shaking in their boots when Pre AND WebOS come out.
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    Palm has been developing devices before RIM made the crackberry. RIM's "Storm" was a pathetic response to the iPhone. A click screen. Seriously. A whole screen that clicks. Sad. At least Palm took the time (2 years) to develop something worth while instead of putting out a piece of crap excuse for a touch screen device. Don't get me wrong. The other RIM products are great, but I think they will be shaking in their boots when Pre AND WebOS come out.
    can;t agree w/ the shaking in boots thing. like plam said "there is enough room for eveybody" (i paraphrased that a bit)

BB - Corporate e-mail
    Apple - Music Lovers / Games
    Palm - General consumer /organization freak / "proconsumer"
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    I'm mostly ignorant when it comes to Palm.
    Well then. You should fit in real well over there at CrackBerry
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    My post wasn't meant to offend.
    And it didn't by any means.

Hope you enjoy your permanent stay here at Tc.
    You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Well then. You should fit in real well over there at CrackBerry
    I think he left there to come here.
    Just call me Berd.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast