Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Pedro, like you I am a BB user, have been for abougt 4 years now. Before that I have used just about every Palm device ever produced. I had the original Palm Pilot, then smartphones like the Kyocera 6035/7135, Samsung i300 and Treos 300, 600 and 650. I always thought Palm was a good solution, but Palm never kept up the OS, so I stopped using it. The Palm Pre has brought new interest for me back to a Palm device. It looks very interesting. My BB Bold is a great device, but I am anxious to see of the Pre can replace it. Mail/Exchange support is the big thing for me, and like it or not, that is really where the berry excels. Im not posting to debate Palm v. BB OS, thats a silly arguement that you can only answer for yourself.

One question though, will it be possible to run old Palm apps? I have lots of apps that I own from my Treo days. Anyone know?
    Carl
    Has been discussed a lot, it will NOT be able to run, but a lot of Devs have been saying they'll port their apps over (depending on how difficult it will be)
    Pedro... Welcome andI hope the Pre serves you well when your finally able to get it.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Treo 650...Treo 700p...Treo 800w...Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    Has been discussed a lot, it will NOT be able to run, but a lot of Devs have been saying they'll port their apps over (depending on how difficult it will be)
    Thanks for the info and sorry, I havent been to TC in a very long time and this thread caught my eye. I wonder how hard the port will be. Apps will be key. I am amazed how many apps have been developed for the iPhone in a relatively short period of time. This is one area the BB is still lagging, even though it has become better in the past few years. A huge number of apps was always one of the strengths of running a Palm device. I wil search for a thread about apps.
    Carl
    There are some interviews with current devs for Palm on palminfocenrter.com (there is a thread here to that gives you direct links to all of the interviews) They also say that it will be VERY easy to develop for this new platform (easier than for iPhone)
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I would love to move to the PRE but must be assured that reception will be good in the Baton Rouge area. If so, I am in. The Pre is the first phone that I have gotten excited about in a long time, the rest have just been tools to get a job done.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123