Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    Palm has been developing devices before RIM made the crackberry.
    To be accurate, RIM has a 2 year head start on Palm (more specifically, Handspring) when it comes to communications devices.
  2.    #22  
    Well thank you all for the kind welcome. After seeing WebOS in action, I think RIM and Apple may have a lot of catching up to do. The Pre is the most amazing phone that I've seen thus far. If this doesn't boost Palm right back up then I'm hoping the world really does end in 2012. Haw!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    To be accurate, RIM has a 2 year head start on Palm (more specifically, Handspring) when it comes to communications devices.
    Ah thank you! I didn't know that. Handspring/Palm was late 80s early 90s and RIM's been around since 84. Still - Palm doesn't suck. Just been out of the game lately As LL Cool J would say "Don't call it a comeback I've been here for years!..."
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I think he left there to come here.
    My bad!

I get it now he is saying goodbye to Blackberry..

In that case, Welcome!
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Well I am awaiting the Pre, with great anticipation. I first wanted a touchscreen when my son got his LG Voyager(touchscreen plus physical keyboard). So I look at the Instinct and found it wanting(thru research, not use). Then got got a BB 8330 Curve and like it alot, but still want a touchscreen. Well, the Pre is announced and here I go again. My hope is that the Pre will be everything and more per its demo at CES and that the launch will be done correctly(palm and sprint) and the platform is stable.
    Here's to the Pre and hope we all will be ecstastic!!!

George
    How are those outages working for you BB fanboys? hahaha

I have used all sorts of devices. BB's are fine I guess, I just have always loved Palm. The Pre is going to wipe the floor with the lot of devices out there when it debuts.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by adjmcloon View Post
    How are those outages working for you BB fanboys? hahaha

I have used all sorts of devices. BB's are fine I guess, I just have always loved Palm. The Pre is going to wipe the floor with the lot of devices out there when it debuts.
    I wouldn't call it outages, more like a crude version of priority management...

You send an email and RIM's server analyzes it and places it in a que to be sent based on the important of the email message.

Messages like "send help, she's dying over here"----Emergency: Priority 1 get sent immediately.

Messages like "Hey john, wanna do lunch?"----No key words referring to work, productivity or imminent threat: Priority 52,509,817. Message arrives 4 days later.

Messages like "Hey john, wanna do lunch today??"----No key words referring to work, productivity or imminent threat however, today implies an answer must be made by today: Priority 1,241. Message arrives sometime by the end of day, close of business..

As a user who uses phones from a company called "RIM" you need to use buzzwords to cheat the system....

Try reformatting your messages to make them sound more important.

I.E

"Hey john, I'm dying to know if you're seriously considering having lunch with me today"

"Hey Beth, Those strategically placed photos on your desk of your children ultimately caught my attention requiring me to investigate further. Nice pictures!"

You gotta know how the system works. Why else you think they call them crackberries. You gotta write like you're on crack before anything get's through.
    ^ HAHAHA Great post!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
    I wouldn't call it outages, more like a crude version of priority management...

You send an email and RIM's server analyzes it and places it in a que to be sent based on the important of the email message.

Messages like "send help, she's dying over here"----Emergency: Priority 1 get sent immediately.

Messages like "Hey john, wanna do lunch?"----No key words referring to work, productivity or imminent threat: Priority 52,509,817. Message arrives 4 days later.

Messages like "Hey john, wanna do lunch today??"----No key words referring to work, productivity or imminent threat however, today implies an answer must be made by today: Priority 1,241. Message arrives sometime by the end of day, close of business..

As a user who uses phones from a company called "RIM" you need to use buzzwords to cheat the system....

Try reformatting your messages to make them sound more important.

I.E

"Hey john, I'm dying to know if you're seriously considering having lunch with me today"

"Hey Beth, Those strategically placed photos on your desk of your children ultimately caught my attention requiring me to investigate further. Nice pictures!"

You gotta know how the system works. Why else you think they call them crackberries. You gotta write like you're on crack before anything get's through.
    Funny Stuff.
    please tell me know of that was ture
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    please tell me know of that was ture

I not ture I now what yur asking.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Replace "know" with "none" I'm assuming.

And I can say, with never having owned a BB, that none of that was true. What a crazy world of that was though!
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post

I not ture i now what yur asking.
    ell oh ell
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  14.    #34  
    Hate to defend the phone I'm leaving. I've never experienced outages or even e mail delays with any BB I've ever owned. My e mails push through faster than any POP3 account I've ever had. The e mail is BB strongest suit. No issue with BIS or BES. Out of 3 years I've never had a data outage.
    Sorry guys i had a Treo 650 for almost 3 years i think...up untill a month ago. Got the blackberry storm and was never so disappointed in a phone before. The phone is so laggy and slow you can't use the touchscreen to answer a call as it may change orientation and by the time you go to hit the "Answer" on the screen it turns to hang up in portrait mode. Phone crashes every now and then.. Voice quality deteriorates when you are on a call and the phone is getting txt messages and emails(poor QoS for Voice).

It takes about 5-8 minutes to BOOT UP!! it's not as intuitive as the Treo.

crackberry forums are a bloodbath for this phone. All 3 people that i know who had the phone have returned the phone. constant crashes aren't good for a doctor.. plus 5minutes to boot up a phone = no good. Phone was to laggy and slow for another, and the other thought it shouldn't be this hard to learn how to use a phone(not a computer person). I told that person to get a regular flip phone and have an iPod Touch handy LoL.

PS all emails for me are nearly instant.. there was a RIM outage for alot of business users just recently and people were pretty pissed.

But my disclamer is that RIM has put out 4 or 5 Beta OS's that they are testing on the crackberry site.. each one is making the phone more stable. So they are working on it. I'm running the latest beta .99 and it's been pretty good for me so far.

But all in all.. They released the Phone 6 months to early..I hope Palm doesn't do the same. If the Pre is that good.. i may jump ship from Verizon.. but i really don't want to leave verizon. I hope Sprint is good in the Philly/ South Jersey Area
    Last edited by antonio3; 02/05/2009 at 10:28 PM.
    goat, it's codybb from CB.

i am leaving my blackberry for the pre as well. i am so excited i am looking at getting into the treo (pro, or 800w) just to tied me over until i get the pre. unlike you, i am not keeping my BB. no looking back. Pre is going to be cool.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    I have never used a blackberry device astonishingly so some crackberry denzian please enlighten me... what makes a Blackberry sooo special? I really don't get it? For me, my life doesn't really revolve around email...it nice to have push email and I rely on my IMAP idle setup but I could do without it. I understand if corporate email access is you lifeline and job...but otherwise what is there thats soo special? For me it has always been about the applications and 3rd party application support. That's why for years I was a palmos user and now a pretty happy and content WM user. Blackberries are nice for what they do and they do it well...but for any functionality outside what's offered out the box...I just don't see it...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I too will be jumping off the crackberry ship after a few years to join all of you @ palm. The pre can't get here fast enough!
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    There was a comment on the Precentral story "How Will I Sync to a Mac" by Dieter. It was posted by "JC".

He said that his Blackberry syncs to MobileMe.

Anyone care to give more details?

JC, anyone?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  20.    #40  
    CodyBB/PPC >>>> Hey man! Good to see one of my buds jumping ship also. I'm kinda happy that I'm not the only die hard BB user to make this switch. Hit me up with your PIN sometime so we can share our ideas on this.

gfunkmagic >>>> Blackberrys are wonderful devices for a few reasons. One of my main reasons for loving them is the battery life. It's hard to kill a Blackberry even with moderate to heavy use. The e mail can't be beat, extremely fast. Never a hiccup. I personally love the keyboard also. The stability of the phone is also top notch. Never a random reset or anything of that nature. Also rarely any lag when it comes to apps and such. (With the exception of the Storm) As far as a business phone goes, they are hard to beat. Now the UI and the multimedia capabilities are lacking. The main reason I'm switching to the Pre is the fact that I want a phone to be fun for personal use also. Plus, I really would like a better browser on my phone. The BB web browser is definately lacking. If the pages are not WAP then I rarely even bother with them on my BB. Luckily, I can still check these forums with my Curve, so I'll be good until the Pre launches.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast