1. joelpalm
    I talked to Sprint today about opening a new line and the girl said that the latest info for the Pre was first quarter 09. Hopefully that is the case and the Pre will be here in March!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Could still very easily be a Pre/Pro mix up.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
  3. joelpalm
    Actually not because I told her to check the Pre and the Pro and she said the Pro was pushed back but hopefully would be available 2/12 which is different from the 15th but we shall see.
    I spoke with a rep today and was told February 12th as well.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
  5. joelpalm
    Nice, never hurts to get correlating stories. Hope to hear more people get the same info.
    Quote Originally Posted by joelpalm View Post
    Nice, never hurts to get correlating stories. Hope to hear more people get the same info.
    I just called Sprint at 800 777 4681. I asked about the release date of the Palm Pre and was told that they "still don't have any info regarding that". The only thing "we know is the first half of this year".

She then said to say hi to all the other precentral callers. jk
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    I just called Sprint at 800 777 4681. I asked about the release date of the Palm Pre and was told that they "still don't have any info regarding that". The only thing "we know is the first half of this year".

She then said to say hi to all the other precentral callers. jk
    ha ! how funny wuld that be??? There are enough of us here that we coould get a reputation (not sure it would be a very good one) by calling
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    zzzzzzzzzzzz
    Quote Originally Posted by crawform View Post
    zzzzzzzzzzzz
    How cute. You post that you are bored and/or sleeping after reading the thread entirely. He he.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Went to local sprint store tonight to inquire about new line. I am actually interested in both the pro and pre. They told me pro was delayed and no release date yet, but the pre (and she knew the difference) was either Feb 15 or 18. I sure hope so. She also said data plan would be required.
    Well..the time around Feb 15 should be exciting....we'll see what really does come out, if anything around that time frame, and if neither one of the phones come out, at least we have plenty of news out of Barcelona to look forward to.
    Quote Originally Posted by doctoss View Post
    They told me pro was delayed and no release date yet, but the pre (and she knew the difference) was either Feb 15 or 18.

my birthday is the 18th and i have been very good
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    ha ! how funny wuld that be??? There are enough of us here that we coould get a reputation (not sure it would be a very good one) by calling
    I am sure they can't stand these calls. They are probably like: "these cell phone geeks need to get a life"
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Well..the time around Feb 15 should be exciting....
    Or hugely disappointing for some, it would seem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Or hugely disappointing for some, it would seem.
    Well, it'll be an exciting week, even though the Pre isn't coming out, just because they've got the Investor Conference on Wednesday, and then MWC starting the 16th, so for those among us who realize that there's no way its coming out yet, it'll still be exciting.