Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I chatted with a CS rep. He said I was eligible for Sprint Premier, but it does not show up on my Sprint web page. UGH!

He said I could get the discounts if I go thru a rep.

Not much benefit if I can not get the early notification on the Pre.

He also said there was no definite release date for the Pre.

Silly Season, when will it be over!!
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    I just got off the phone with a customer retention/cancellation representative asking about the premier account and how come I am not one of the premier customers (I have been with Sprint for 11 years and have a plan that is over $100 for the past 5 years).

We were talking and he asked why I hadn't extended my contract in the past two years and I explained that I was waiting for the Palm Pre (or jumping the Sprint ship for an iPhone), and he said he had heard of it, but thought it was a phone like the Instinct or and other WinMo phone.

I asked if he could look it up for a release date. He searched and I asked while he was searching if it was coming 2/14 (I had it in my mind Valentines Day for some reason). He said no, not the 14th but the 15th it will be soft launched in some markets with a nationwide rollout by the end of February. I asked if he was certain about that, he said he pulled it up on his computer and said he was talking about the P-R-E not the P-R-O.

I am pretty darn excited!!! I just gotta find what market that they are doing the soft launch in so I can pick one up!!! Sheesh!
    I got the Sprint Premier on my account and I attached what it looks like.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Iv had it forever on my account like 6 months and how is that possible if they just came out with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by bcar473 View Post
    I asked if he could look it up for a release date. He searched and I asked while he was searching if it was coming 2/14 (I had it in my mind Valentines Day for some reason). He said no, not the 14th but the 15th it will be soft launched in some markets with a nationwide rollout by the end of February. I asked if he was certain about that, he said he pulled it up on his computer and said he was talking about the P-R-E not the P-R-O.

I am pretty darn excited!!! I just gotta find what market that they are doing the soft launch in so I can pick one up!!! Sheesh!
    Sorry. There are literally scores of serious mid level store workers, upper level CSRs etc who post regularly on Howard forums, sprint users etc who would leak that if it were the case.
    Anyone care to guess which markets will be involved if there is a soft launch?
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I wanna be a Premier person!! Does your bill have to be $99 BEFORE the taxes or including the taxes? If it includes the taxes, then I should be on it...
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I wanna be a Premier person!! Does your bill have to be $99 BEFORE the taxes or including the taxes? If it includes the taxes, then I should be on it...
    They have a special number for these questions:

Call our special Sprint Premier Upgrade representatives at (866) 735-1879.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    They have a special number for these questions:

Call our special Sprint Premier Upgrade representatives at (866) 735-1879.
    lol, thats just wrong, lol... Rub it in some more.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcar473 View Post
    I just got off the phone with a customer retention/cancellation representative asking about the premier account and how come I am not one of the premier customers (I have been with Sprint for 11 years and have a plan that is over $100 for the past 5 years).

We were talking and he asked why I hadn't extended my contract in the past two years and I explained that I was waiting for the Palm Pre (or jumping the Sprint ship for an iPhone), and he said he had heard of it, but thought it was a phone like the Instinct or and other WinMo phone.

I think we need to follow up on this "soft launch" idea.

One possibility is the Sprint Premier customers will get the first shot at the Pre. If that is so, then there is a huge incentive to get signed up for Premier.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    lol, thats just wrong, lol... Rub it in some more.
    Not rubbing it in at all, quite the opposite. That number is to help people see how they could become Premier members.
    I called a few weeks ago to see if I was eligible and they said I was and signed me up right away. It's free, so it's totally worth it if you can sign up. I like to have new phones often so being able to get the discounts every year is a big enough perk for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Not rubbing it in at all, quite the opposite. That number is to help people see how they could become Premier members.
    I was just kidding.. I'm actually surprised that they announced it now, I've had it on my account for the past 5 months or so. They sent me the little card that gives you 25% off any accessory at a Participating Sprint Store, and a letter telling me "Thank You" way back then. It was actually cool, cause I bought my 800 in July I received the rebate plus the discount at the register, and in January I was eligible again for an upgrade.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    ....They sent me the little card that gives you 25% off any accessory at a Participating Sprint Store...
    I just noticed this and maybe this makes the touchstone more affordable
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    thank God, I'm a sprint Premier Customer. Been with them since 97' (menn, thats a long time)
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    Iv had it forever on my account like 6 months and how is that possible if they just came out with it?
    +1

I was wondering the same thing.

I think they have just starting to promote it. I got my welcome package last summer some time.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  17. joelpalm
    I am going to sign up with sprint and for the first 3 months go with the SE unlimited and get premier and then switch to the 450 SE plan because its $54 before taxes and fees through my work. Hurry up PRE!