Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I asked and they told me!
    Here is a screenshot
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Add this to the pile of Palm Pre rumors.... Like every other rumor, you never know if they're confusing the Pre with the Pro. Or they could be thinking about the Touch Pro or any number of other phones. Sadly, we won't know until it's released. Though I'm not encouraging more people to bother customer service with these questions, if you are going to drive them crazy, at least make sure they're talking about the Palm Pre and not Treo Pro.
    If this turns out to be true, I believe Sprint and Palm are going to be players.
    Can we find one of these chats where somebody actually confirms that they aren't confusing the pre with the pro?
    Just call me Berd.
    So it is going to be $299.00 with a New 2 Year Contract.
    I don't know who you people talk to...I always get the answer 'We don't have information on the Palm Pre at this time'. Except for once...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruzo View Post
    Here is a screenshot
    i can bet my house on it... it's the PRO that's coming out on 2/15...
    Switched from the iPhone to Treo Pro
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Do you really think some minimum wage CSR is going to spill the beans?
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    Add this to the pile of Palm Pre rumors.... Like every other rumor, you never know if they're confusing the Pre with the Pro. Or they could be thinking about the Touch Pro or any number of other phones. Sadly, we won't know until it's released. Though I'm not encouraging more people to bother customer service with these questions, if you are going to drive them crazy, at least make sure they're talking about the Palm Pre and not Treo Pro.
    Actually it has some validity because the Pro is suppose to be $249 with an upgrade or new contract, not $149. But I am still skeptical because Sprint employees are not always truthful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin C View Post
    If they are right, sounds like good news. Thanks Kevin C!
  11.    #12  
    here is your confirmation, this one says the release date is unknown but here is the price:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    What does that mean for a new two year contract? $350?
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruzo View Post
    Here is a screenshot
    Yea they were talking about the Pro. Look how they spelled Palm: pAM
    Look how they spelled "after": "OFTER".

Any part of it could be a typo.

Low level CSR like you got have the info on the Pro in front of them. It has a sku a release date and prices

Actually it has some validity because the Pro is suppose to be $249 with an upgrade or new contract, not $149. But I am still skeptical because Sprint employees are not always truthful.
    It has zero validity. The person posting it is a posting of exactly one Did they ask ecare what the sku was? no.

The person asked for new upcoming palm pre, the CRS saw the info for the new upcoming palm Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerorne View Post
    What does that mean for a new two year contract? $350?
    Rather than take the word of a one time poster you can get on sprint chat yourself. They are claiming they got two CSR to do it in sequence. so if it accurate you should be able to get one to do it as well.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Oh, I don't actually believe the price yet. I just forgot how much the price with contract is compared to the price without contract in general. It should be easy to look up myself though.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    I think Kruzo is having fun yanking our chain...I have been in many chats with Sprint and they can all type, capitalize and spell properly
    Anybody notice the taskbar in the first image? The minimized program is a web page titled "How to take a screenshot". I'm probably alone, but I find that humorous in a screenshot!!

Someone did say it's silly season, right?
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    wow 150 bucks after $100 rebate, I think that's cheaper than I paid for my 700p after rebate. that's well worth it. I might actually get it at launch time rather than waiting
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave View Post
    Anybody notice the taskbar in the first image? The minimized program is a web page titled "How to take a screenshot". I'm probably alone, but I find that humorous in a screenshot!!

Someone did say it's silly season, right?
    I noticed it and had a bit of a laugh.

Dammit why did palm have to use a p word so it would be confused with the pro!!! Why couldn't it be the Treo 2.0 lol
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast