View Poll Results: How much are you willing to pay for your Palm Pre?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Whatever it takes!! (up to $599.99)

16 24.24%
  • Sprint better give me something ($75 or $150 off unsubsidized price)

12 18.18%
  • I better get the New Customer Price!! (est. $229??)

37 56.06%
  • Only if they give it to me... for free!!

1 1.52%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I ordered the Treo 700p directly from Palm's website when it became available and paid full price for it. If Palm offers it on their website, I'll probably do the same. I'll try Sprint first since I spend a TON of money with them, I bet they'll work with me. ;o) (Four phones and two data-cards monthly)

Who is willing to pay full price for the Pre? (Whatever the price may be...) Who will only buy it subsidized by Sprint? Who won't buy it no matter what the price?
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    I would seriously have to think about it if the phone was more than $300 after extending my contract another 2 years. I'm a premier member, so it seems I'll get the new customer price for the phone when it comes out. If the phone is 150-200 as many people suspect, I'm gonna be jumping for joy!
    I refuse to pay a dime more than what they sell it to me for!!!
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I'm totally willing to pay a little more for an unlocked GSM version.
    I'd pay extra for a polished stainless steel edition
    I'd pay extra for a microSD slot :-P
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    I'd pay extra for a polished stainless steel edition

For me - Brushed Metal
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post

For me - Brushed Metal
    No thanks. Ever seen a first gen iPhone or iPod? No thank you. Dents, dings, scratches. Reminds me of my first car actually...
    $199 and a muted black. No shine.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    No thanks. Ever seen a first gen iPhone or iPod? No thank you. Dents, dings, scratches. Reminds me of my first car actually...
    Okay then - DeLorean
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    I would seriously have to think about it if the phone was more than $300 after extending my contract another 2 years. I'm a premier member, so it seems I'll get the new customer price for the phone when it comes out. If the phone is 150-200 as many people suspect, I'm gonna be jumping for joy!
    I have to say I agree. Personally I would prefer to pay less (who wouldn't) but if it is more than $250-$300 I would seriously have to re-consider buying this device. I don't own a money tree, unfortunately.

I would pay a little more if it came in different colors though.
    Last edited by laravia18; 02/03/2009 at 03:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I only started with Sprint in July, so I'll pay whatever it takes to get the phone (especially since I want it as soon as possible), although if the release really is at the latter end of the period (June), I may just wait until I can get it at the new customer price (Sprint Premier) (if I have to wait until June anyways, waiting until early July wouldn't be so bad, but if it comes out in the next two months I probably won't wait).
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    $199 with a contract or less
    Up to 399
    Brushed metal sounds cool ...
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    I would pay up to $299
    I'd pay up to $249 for it, but I'm not paying more than a new user. My contract is up and since I've swapped phones due to issues beyond my control (didn't buy it from sprint), they say I won't get my discount for another year.
    Up to $400 to keep my SERO plan, subject to receipt of good user reviews, and battery life etc.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    Up to $400 to keep my SERO plan, subject to receipt of good user reviews, and battery life etc.
    SERO, I find most people who have these plans amusing. Most of them don't even know people who work at Sprint.

Whether or not that you do, I have no idea. I'm merely stereotyping, which is what we middle-class, white males like to do...
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    SERO, I find most people who have these plans amusing. Most of them don't even know people who work at Sprint.

Whether or not that you do, I have no idea. I'm merely stereotyping, which is what we middle-class, white males like to do...
    I really feel like most SERO customers get a good deal, but its not THAT much better than those of us with a good family plan. As long as they're good loyal customers I feel like it doesn't matter what plan you have. Sprint will still be making plenty of money off them.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast