Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I suppose I am just not as excited as I previously was for this device anymore. This isn't to say I won't change my mind with new information, but lack of information hasn't made me withdraw like some fanboys, but in reality it has made me interested in other options before the Pre. How much longer can Palm keep the hype going without newer information/videos?
    Yeah, all the speculation gets tiring after awhile. We need new stuff to regurgitate and dissect for the next 2 weeks!!

But I am still excited and saving up to buy one!
    Yeah......speculation gets old pretty quick.........
    I keep checking back for more new information and am regularly disappointed.
  4.    #4  
    It isn't even intelligent speculation anymore. It's beyond Silly Season. It's STUPID SEASON.
    I have to agree, I think Palm/Sprint are making a big mistake by waiting. The more I wait to more I become satiesfield with my HTC Diamond.
  6.    #6  
    If it isn't ready, that is one thing... but by not releasing a SDK and more video of PRE capabilities, it's just allowing precious time and hype to pass it by.

Case in point, the new thunder today is the Toshiba TG01. It's slick... VERY slick.
    I wont EVER be satisfied with my 700p...!

No SuperBowl ads so we just have to hope for MWC.
    Also starting to get a little "edgey" (spelling?) here. I am following like 5 or 6 sites for Pre, and stopped getting info lately, just stupid stuff, i think at least once a week Palm should give out some kind of press release, or let "leak" some new info/trick that the Pre does, or release a date to look forward too

My excitement is wearing off, but will definitely get it
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    I have to agree, I think Palm/Sprint are making a big mistake by waiting. The more I wait to more I become satiesfield with my HTC Diamond.
    Do you think either company is "waiting"? Really? As if Palm has boxes of final build Pres sitting in a warehouse somewhere, the FCC has cleared the device, and Sprint is just planning some strategic date 5 months from now?

In the meantime, what exactly is happening in the mobile world to erode the good will this device has built already? Samsung and other companies are announcing Android phones at MWC? Big whoop. Apple will announce an iPhone refresh in June? Great. Don't think there are too many people going "Man, the only thing stopping me from getting a Pre is if Apple drops an iPhone with 8-16GB more of memory and another megapixel on their mediocre camera." It'll be the virtually the same device that exists now with the exact same OS, apps, and form factor.

Windows Mobile 6.5? RIM finally fixes the myriad of bugs on their latest devices? Just not world shaking developments.
    I'm in complete agreement: every day that there isn't some new information, my excitement dies down a little. I am really anxious about this device for some reason. When new information comes out, it's exciting, but as time wears on, I get to thinking about how it might not be as good as it sounds at the moment.

Case in point: the location aware meeting reminders. This was huge buzz when McNamee talked about it, and for good reason. But think about it, do you currently put in an address for every meeting you go to? I don't. Will the Pre memorize locations so that I can use shortcuts, or will it learn where specific recurring meetings are? And finally, how customizable is it? I mean, if I drive really fast or know a shortcut that the navigation isn't aware of, maybe the "You're going to be late" reminder would really start to annoy me.

This is just an example of what starts to go through my head when I have too much time to think about it. So, yeah, Palm needs to keep the buzz going by providing new dribbles of information.

My attitude will change instantly, though, if they drop some good info in a week and a half. Hopefully there will be some new videos to watch, at the very least.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    The vast number of future owners of Pre's are not checking this board daily, or several times a day (me...guilty). We are kinda building our own hype and anticipation. "A watched pot never boils..." We are a just starring at that "pot of water" and want to see some dern bubbles.

Most important...Pre needs to come out before the next incarnation of the iPhone or a G2 or another carrier's Android phone. Time is of the essence, but they will not be losing too many future sales when there is nothing new or press-worthy hitting the market.

With all that said the hole that Palm and Sprint are in will get deeperthe longer they wait. But, the phone must be ready when it is released. If it comes out functioning like the BB Storm -- top them off with shovels of dirt.

Enough metaphors for now... :-)
    I keep the wow going by watching the CES Video at least once a week, I do try daily but sometimes things come up . Still a day one buy for me ^_^
    I am becoming less and less interested in the pre I guess. I think it's just that I'm very anxious to get my hands on something new and I can't stand my 800w. I just need new VERIFIED information to keep the ball rolling. Any Sprint or Palm higher-up's reading this? Just give us a darn release date and then at least I will be happy! Be it this month or June, I'd still like to know!
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    It's tough to keep interest in a world where attention deficit is more common than dandelions covering the lawn of that vacant lot down the street. I'm hoping all the excitement resurfaces and exceeds initial levels once the device hits the stores. There's nothing pulling me from my 755 until the Pre proves itself worthy - Pre v2.1 perhaps, but I'll wait.
    I really want a Pre right now but I'm moving to the UK in July so I'm hoping for a GSM version soon.
    Since my Sprint contract ends in May and I am eligible for new phone pricing in a little over a month, my excitement grows every day.
    You figure Sprint and Palm want the Pre out ASAP but it has to be a near flawless launch, so if it takes a little time to get it right, so be it.
    Look at VZW and the BB Storm. Of course because VZW and BB have built up so much goodwill, it didn't get much mainstream attention.
    The iPhone had its activation issues and some other problems but they were quickly brushed away.
    If Sprint and Palm screw up, you'll hear it all over the place.
    They get one chance to get it right.
    I know they will.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Case in point: the location aware meeting reminders. This was huge buzz when McNamee talked about it, and for good reason. But think about it, do you currently put in an address for every meeting you go to? I don't. Will the Pre memorize locations so that I can use shortcuts, or will it learn where specific recurring meetings are?
    My guess is it will check to see if you have an address somewhere in the cloud for the person you are meeting with, and/or the place you are meeting (two pieces of information that I commonly include in my calendar entries).
    I find this hilarious. No insult intended, but the idea of buying a new phone just because it's "exciting" strikes me as infantile. I'll buy the device that best meets the uses I need to put the device to.

Palm said "in the first half of the year." Palm said there may be some changes to the form factor. Palm clearly hasn't finished the SDK. Anyone who expected / expects it nearly immediately was / is fooling themselves.

If you have the level of patience of the typical two-year old, then go buy something else. If you really think the Pre is going to be the shizzle, then act like an adult and wait. Your world isn't going to end if you keep using the same phone for another 2, 3, or even 4 months.

As for the wait, I'm willing to bet Palm would have preferred to wait until later to announce the Pre, but they needed an event that would generate a lot of buzz, and CES is that event.

It doesn't really matter what other makers come out with in the meantime, unless there's something none of us can guess at that blow the Pre away. There will always be new devices being unveiled, and customers coming off of their commitments. If 10,000 people buy an Andriod phone instead of waiting for a Pre, they'll be 10,000 more coming off contract when the Pre is released. What DOES matter is that Palm and Sprint need to make sure this phone is READY. Releasing something that's full of bugs will be the death of Palm, and maybe Sprint. The last thing either needs is thousands of early adopters returning the Pre for a refund, and blasting the blogosphere with critical reviews.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I find this hilarious. No insult intended, but the idea of buying a new phone just because it's "exciting" strikes me as infantile. I'll buy the device that best meets the uses I need to put the device to.

Palm said "in the first half of the year." Palm said there may be some changes to the form factor. Palm clearly hasn't finished the SDK. Anyone who expected / expects it nearly immediately was / is fooling themselves.

If you have the level of patience of the typical two-year old, then go buy something else. If you really think the Pre is going to be the shizzle, then act like an adult and wait. Your world isn't going to end if you keep using the same phone for another 2, 3, or even 4 months.

As for the wait, I'm willing to bet Palm would have preferred to wait until later to announce the Pre, but they needed an event that would generate a lot of buzz, and CES is that event.

It doesn't really matter what other makers come out with in the meantime, unless there's something none of us can guess at that blow the Pre away. There will always be new devices being unveiled, and customers coming off of their commitments. If 10,000 people buy an Andriod phone instead of waiting for a Pre, they'll be 10,000 more coming off contract when the Pre is released. What DOES matter is that Palm and Sprint need to make sure this phone is READY. Releasing something that's full of bugs will be the death of Palm, and maybe Sprint. The last thing either needs is thousands of early adopters returning the Pre for a refund, and blasting the blogosphere with critical reviews.
    +1...thousand.
    I'd say its a fairly normal reaction for the "Wow" factor to diminish somewhat over time. The announcement was great, and phone looks even better, but in the time between then and release, the world keeps turning. We sit back and realize that while awesome, the Pre isn't going to be the "phone to end all phones". It'll be awesome, thats for sure, but nothing we couldn't live without if forced to.

I suggest just relaxing a bit, and waiting patiently as the excitement level will inevitably jump back up with the next announcement.
    "Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams

Follow me on Twitter
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast