Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I'm guessing there are more people than just me talking to their friends about getting a Pre, and why it's so great.

I've talked to:
    9 people. 5 girls, 4 guys. 5 college students, 2 working.

Converted:
    2 iphone owners into seriously consider getting one
    1 non-iphone user (I forget what she has)
    1 anti-iphone user

The iphone users (one guy, one girl) loved the gestures and the synergy stuff. The girl also mentioned she thought it was pretty. I don't know if they'd be willing to switch carriers, but they were definitely very excited by the phone.
    The non-iphone user definitely interested in synergy. (Of course I expected that, and that's why I made a big deal about it.)

Piqued the interest of:
    2 others

Did no swaying whatsoever:
    2 iphone users
    1 blackberry fan

The guy iphone user thought it was kind of cool, but simply felt the iphone was better no matter what I would say to him. The girl kind of felt the same, and one of the reasons she liked the iphone was because it was first.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    Were the other two people transgendered?

I converted my girlfriend. She was all set to cancel her Sprint and get an iphone, but now she wants a Pre.
    haha.. oops... remembered two people mid post then forgot to change that part. Fixed
    Last edited by Gerorne; 02/04/2009 at 03:23 PM.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerorne View Post
    I've talked to:
    7 people. 3 girls, 2 guys.
    Were the other two people transgendered?

I converted my girlfriend. She was all set to cancel her Sprint and get an iphone, but now she wants a Pre.
    i wanted an iphone for so long, i went to get one and looked at the plans att had and decided i would rather have a less phone with better plans at sprint. Then the pre comes along and i can have my cake and eat it to.
    My wife had her sites set on an Instict, we literally went to Sprint on 8 Jan, b/c she was eligible for her upgrade, and my exact words to her and the sales rep was..... 'I will wait until Monday, after the CES announcements before I offer my opinion on anything'

But yeah, I have her intrigued about it, but she is getting fed up w/ her Moto Q so I might lose her
    i posted every article / vidoe from the first days of the Pre on facebook for everyone to read :-D
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    My 15 year old son was impressed when he saw the CES video. He is an iPhone convert but though the Pre looked really cool.
    None. It's not my job to do Palm's marketing, and I'm not convinced yet myself.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    cold toby, cold ....
    da Gimp

Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    When I described the Pre to a Sprint store employee, she wanted to see the demo videos.

She was impressed.

Maybe they have not communicated to Sprint employees yet that Pre will be their biggy phone soon.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    When I described the Pre to a Sprint store employee, she wanted to see the demo videos.

She was impressed.

Maybe they have not communicated to Sprint employees yet that Pre will be their biggy phone soon.
    does that person still have a job ?
    da Gimp

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Once you guys test it out, then I get it, THEN I will convince my friends. Easier to convince when you show off with it too.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Oh, most defintitely. Which is why I've only talked to seven people. Those are the ones that would be interested in listening to just the concepts and seeing some videos, rather than needing to see and feel it in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I share the same opinion. Also, only a couple of my friends are on Sprint.
    For me, I've told tons of people about it. Assuming the rumors about price and release date are true (150-200 and SOON) it seems that most people I know with Treos/Centros on sprint are without a question going to get the Pre. The rest of the people I know on sprint will probably highly consider it except the older people that would have no clue how to use it. I've talked to a few people on other services (verizon, ATT, etc) that will wait 'til it comes out and if it's really as good as it seems then they'll switch. As for iphone users, I've talked to one that would highly consider switching back to Palm (he used to be a 700p user) if it turns out to be better than the iPhone.

I'm hoping to see people running to the Pre in masses, but sadly this depends highly on whether the Pre is released VERY soon.
    I don't even try to talk to iPhone users. They just don't see how awesome it is yet. Once it's out and in the wild, then they will see. What a glorious day that will be!
    Well, I got my girlfriend on board.

One friend who has Sprint and is tired of his Centro said he wouldnt do another Palm device, but I tried to tell him that the Pre is different. I didnt show him the videos.

Another friend on Sprint currently LOVES her HTC Touch Pro and has seen the videos and stats. She is proving to be a hard convert!!

I have also tipped some Sprint workers onto it, and I left them watching the videos. I havent gone back to see if they still have jobs...
    If they know about it and ask me, as they know I'm a Palm nut, I will discuss it. But until I know what plans it will have, and know for sure when it will be out, I don't want to look like the ***** who sold them on a phone that could require the SE plan (I hate that that could be an only option) and on a phone that could not be out until who knows when. And, no matter what anyone posts here, only Palm & Sprint know for sure (not CS).
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I know at least one other person at work who will likely switch after discussion (currently uses a 650), and my parents will likely switch (my dad because he's been thinking of moving to a integrated device anyways and my mom for email). Otherwise people I've talked to have just piqued their interest, with no particular commitment.
    A bit pathetic I know. But I have the CES video on my phone ready to go if the topic comes up.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    A bit pathetic I know. But I have the CES video on my phone ready to go if the topic comes up.
    hahaha... hmmm.m.. maybe I should do that too =P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast