Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    I believe most most average users consider as poor media devices because they are not able to put their media files easily enough like iTunes sync.
    or the screen. I wish they made an itune for windows mobile or now the webos
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    And everyone is complaining about the 2.5mm adapter... its a little annoying, yes, but honestly, attach it to your headphones, and then you can forget its even there.
    My Blackberry, PSP and iPod Nano all have a 3.5mm jack and I almost always carry my Blackberry and iPod headphones. Its just too much trouble to acquire and carry an adapter.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    My Blackberry, PSP and iPod Nano all have a 3.5mm jack and I almost always carry my Blackberry and iPod headphones. Its just too much trouble to acquire and carry an adapter.
    Yeah, but the point would be if you're using a Treo as a media device, it'd be replacing the iPod Nano and the Blackberry. So if you have two different types of headphones that you carry around anyway, you'd just use one for the PSP and one for the smartphone, and the one you had with the smartphone could permanently have the adapter attached to it and you could entirely forget its there. Besides that, all of my Treos have come with a stereo headset with the 2.5mm plug so theroetically you wouldn't even have to deal with an adapter. As for acquiring them, its like $4 to have one shipped on eBay.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy about the switch to a 3.5mm jack on the Pre, I just don't think its not really as big a deal as its made out to be sometimes.
    included 2.5mm stereo headsets = crap.

That's one person using multiple headests. I'd say a majority doesn't. Adapters get lost and break. Lose it and you're SOL. Makes for a long workout if you don't have music and even longer if you're away from home. The fact that you have to justify workarounds is reason enough not to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Yeah, but the point would be if you're using a Treo as a media device, it'd be replacing the iPod Nano and the Blackberry. So if you have two different types of headphones that you carry around anyway, you'd just use one for the PSP and one for the smartphone, and the one you had with the smartphone could permanently have the adapter attached to it and you could entirely forget its there. Besides that, all of my Treos have come with a stereo headset with the 2.5mm plug so theroetically you wouldn't even have to deal with an adapter. As for acquiring them, its like $4 to have one shipped on eBay.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy about the switch to a 3.5mm jack on the Pre, I just don't think its not really as big a deal as its made out to be sometimes.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    included 2.5mm stereo headsets = crap.

That's one person using multiple headests. I'd say a majority doesn't. Adapters get lost and break. Lose it and you're SOL. Makes for a long workout if you don't have music and even longer if you're away from home. The fact that you have to justify workarounds is reason enough not to use it.
    Oh I agree about the included headset, but I was just making a point based on what he said about using his Blackberry headphones. And I'm not justifying workarounds, I'm saying you attach a 2.5mm adapter to your headphones leaving it there permanently, and then its absolutely no different from using any other device, you would just plug them directly into the jack the same way you would for anything else, since its already got the adapter on there. I don't know how you would lose it if its attached all the time. And I don't know how you break something that is a plug with a short section of wire and then a headphone jack... anything that would break the adapter would break your headphone wire too. But hey, if you want to carry multiple devices, be my guest, I just don't think an adapter is all that great of a reason for it.

I guess its just which inconveniences you more, an adapter, or another device.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 02/04/2009 at 02:35 AM.
    I use my Centro as my only device. I use pTunes for music, Kinoma for youtube, TCPMP for movies, and I use the Centro as a phone, email, web, and sms device. I have not had any problems with pTunes skipping on the Centro (it did on my Lifedrive). I also haven't had any battery issues. I plug it in in the car or at work so that I don't have to worry. Most days though, I don't have any battery issues when using it all day without charging it. I don't use chattermail though, so I'm wondering if that is the main battery drain people have. I don't want push email. When I want to check email, I check it. Anything that is truly time sensitive I get by SMS anyway.

The headphone adapter is a minor inconvenience. Like jhoff80 said, the adapter is less of an issue than having to carry another device.

I sync music with WMP and I sync all my files (documents, etc) with Synctoy and Card Reader.
    Dave
    "Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing" > "Works like nothing else"

Palm IIIxe -> Tungsten T3 -> Lifedrive -> TX -> Verizon Centro -> Verizon Pre+ and TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by OldTreo View Post
    [...] What is it that people are looking for in a media device that wasn't in the old Palm phones?
    As far as music goes, capacity and extensibility. I've used a few Palm devices as music players with Aeroplayer. The music functionality worked well enough, but those two items are why I have an iPod. For 320Kbps MP3, I need around 55GB for my entire collection. I can also plug it into my vehicle CD player with full control. I can plug it into my alarm clock in the bedroom and wake up to music if I choose. I don't know if Palm will ever get to the point where they have the clout to inspire that sort of integration (again?).

For video, it's all about screen size. Even though my iPod can play video, watching on a screen its size is still not optimal for me. I need something more iPhone or Touch sized to consider it. OTOH, I'm rarely in a position to watch video on a portable device anyway, so it's not extremely important to me.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    the sheer size of the centro doesn't lend itself to exercise when you're actually in motion (or not on a machine). At least for me. My fuze and clip are just a fraction in size. Also will use headphones with the laptop. I've always read about people buying multiple adapters because they short out and fail over time. I never used mine enough to get to that point. Bought three. Lost two. Last one is still in plastic...haha. With 16gb in my Fuze, I'm good to go most of the time.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12