Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I have a family plan and get full new customer pricing on all handsets every two years. I just move the phone around after 30 days. The way the contract terms are your two years are on each line.

Check sprint users, it is not difficult to get full discoutns on each handset. Mine are staggered so I can get new handsets every six months, which leaves me a lot of breathing space and allows me to skip TEP insurance. I got new customer pricing in July on two lines, I am eligible for new customer pricing on one line in June, and two other lines next February.

"Premier" is just a metric attached to your account. It is ARPU plus other things in an algortym like credit worthyness, lenght of service, likelyhood of churn

Let's say you are scaled from 1 to 10 on profitability. If you have SERO, with a 10% discount and unlimited data and text for $27, have been a customer for 6 months total, call Sprint to get dropped call credits, and pay your bills late you are likely a 1. IE you are in the "fire the customer" category

If you have no discounts, pay more than average for what you get, have $200 a month worth of charges, make a lot of very profitable international calls, pay on time and have been a 10 year customer that changes phones every four years you are probably a 10.

"premier" probably starts at "7," or the top 30% of customers and unlike the more precise metrics the CSR sees but wont tell you , they have made that rating public to you so you feel special (and you are more special to them then low profit customer).
    Oh we get the full discount every two years, it's just that our primary line gets it every year. I had no idea how they came up with the whole premier thing so thanks for the explanation. All I knew is we got a letter one day telling us about it.

I am going to have to check that out on Sprint Users. I am not there that much so it is easy for me to overlook it.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    The premier status was given to certain Sprint Customers, dont ask me what the criteria is but i suspect its length of time with Sprint. ) been with sprint 10 years or so) I just got a letter in the mail 1 day saying that i was a premier customer. Benefits were a $150 discount once a year for a new phone. Some free downloads every month and discounts on accessorys. Really its the $150 every year that is cool.
    Its my understanding that Premiere Status comes to those who pay more than something like $130 a month. And you have to have been with them for a short amount of time. (like 6 months or something)
    I THINK
    I am not 100% sure, they really don't tell what the requirements are.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laravia18 View Post
    I'm with sprint on a family plan and the primary line (as far as I know) gets the $150 off every year because we are part of the premier status. It is a pretty cool deal. Not to mention having a free ringtone every now and again helps make it just a bit sweeter.
    I just received a brochure in the mail today from Sprint. The brochure is called "Sprint Premier Connection." Like laravia18 states above, the brochure specifically says " As a Sprint Premier customer, you can enjoy a new phone every 12 months instead of our standard 22 on your primary account." Also, I get a $150 discount per new phone on all the 3 lines on my family share plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by solar_plexus View Post
    Its my understanding that Premiere Status comes to those who pay more than something like $130 a month. And you have to have been with them for a short amount of time. (like 6 months or something)
    I THINK
    I am not 100% sure, they really don't tell what the requirements are.
    No the new sprint press releases say $100. That was one of the thresholds on last years "White Gloves" designation.

They main difference between "white gloves" and "premier" is they are letting customers know they are in high ARPU+other values to sprint category, and Sprint is explicitly offering some perks.

A few years back Sprint focus on pure gross number of customers to deal with falling share. They used viral marketing to get them, like open SERO. They got saddled with lowest demographics. Now that the market is saturated and profit per customer is king, they especially need to deal with proportionally huge number of the high turnover low paying customers their previous strategies garnered

In the past being high APRU and other metrics (loyalty) got you more negotiation power with Sprint and its labyrinth of discounts (usually followed a labyrinth of billing errors). I think it is smart to make it more public and less complex.
    I logged into my Sprint account and evidently I made Premier status Alas I bought my Instinct when it came out in June so I won't be able to trade it in for a Pre until then (unless, of course, I want to pay big bucks.)
    where does it say if you made premier status? I assume that I am because we've been sprint customers since like 1998 and every bill is more than $100 for our family plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    where does it say if you made premier status? I assume that I am because we've been sprint customers since like 1998 and every bill is more than $100 for our family plan.
    When I log in the top banner image has text starting with "Loyal customers deserve royal rewards" and the image to its left mentions Sprint Premier. Then under my account main box it has a line that reads "Show me my Sprint Premier Loyalty Rewards" with a link to click.
    I'm a premier customer based both on the size of my shared plan and having been with Sprint for almost 11 years. What everyone else says about the discounts.

I'll add only that, so far, I've heard nothing about the Pre from Sprint, and their other "perks" are pretty lame. I got a coupon for a free sandwich at Arby's, for example.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by gilroykilroy View Post
    When I log in the top banner image has text starting with "Loyal customers deserve royal rewards" and the image to its left mentions Sprint Premier. Then under my account main box it has a line that reads "Show me my Sprint Premier Loyalty Rewards" with a link to click.
    Thanks! I saw the banner at the top, but I thought that was a general informational banner. I didn't see the "show me my sprint premier loyalty rewards" link. It's really nice to see that they're acknowledging us loyal customers even if the benefits haven't been that great. It'll be awesome if we really do get to buy the Pre early and with a larger discount.

On a side note, i think the idea about letting the Premier customers upgrade their phones every year for the discounted price is awesome! I've had my 700p/755p for a few years already anyways so that wasn't an issue for the Pre upgrade, but assuming they're going to have the same yearly upgrade model for the Pre as Apple has for the iphone then that will prevent a lot of customers from getting pissed off when a 16GB/32GB version of the Pre comes out. I can't wait to get some news!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I'm a premier customer based both on the size of my shared plan and having been with Sprint for almost 11 years. What everyone else says about the discounts.

I'll add only that, so far, I've heard nothing about the Pre from Sprint, and their other "perks" are pretty lame. I got a coupon for a free sandwich at Arby's, for example.
    Bahahaha... Arby's.
    When I try upgrading to a Touch Pro, Sprint is only offering a $75 credit off the list price - that still translates to $500 they want me to shell out for an HTC. My contract expired in 6/08, shouldn't I get at least $150 off? And what exactly prevents me from canceling my service and resigning to get the phone or $299?

I am a little confused on how Sprint deals with its continuing customers.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I hit 10 years in April...I tried calling in and they were not able to add me to the program early, or they just didn't know how. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by gilroykilroy View Post
    +1 for me I see the banner text above..but also see the "Show my my Loyalty Awards" with a link to "View Offers". I've been w/Sprint since Christmas 1998 .. or as I say..they owe me a "I survived" T-shirt ;-)
    Can anyone tell us what the code at the end of the link is?
    Like /?id9=vanity:premiercustomer
    or /?ID12=LOYALTY1000&forceAction=true

I had it but its gone now, and I didn't copy/cut it :(
    As I posted on the front page, it also says in the "View Offers" section:

"As a Sprint Premier customer, we’ll recognize your yearly anniversary with a special gift of extra bonus minutes or a free ringtone."

I don't really care about a free ringtone but if every year you're a customer they add maybe 50 bonus minutes a month or something like that, that would definitely be nice.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I called Sprint to confirm my Premier customer status. I spoke to a very nice customer service person in the retention department. He did some research and confirmed that I was indeed a "Premier 3" customer. Not sure what the "3" is. The conversation went like this:
    He: "Wouuld you like to upgrade your Treo?"
    Me: "YES!, I want to upgrade to a Pre."
    He: "Let me check the latest status, we just got a newsletter about it."

I'm thinking - Sweet! Maybe some new info from the guys in the retention dept.

He: "Ok, the newsletter says the Treo Pro will be released on February 15th."
    Me: "Yeah, that's the Treo Pro, I want to know about the Pre, the new phone form Palm"
    He: "Ok, let me check. My Supervisor has been hot for that phone, let me see what he's found out."

Now I'm not so psyched. Doubtful if he will come up with anything I haven't already heard, but curious none the less.

He: "He (the sup) said that the Pre will be released between April and June, 2nd Quarter of the year."

I asked about any way to get an early heads up like the premier program suggests and he said he didn't have any way to do that right now. Interestingly he also said that Sprint never lets the CSR's know about new equipment until RIGHT before it's available - typically two weeks or less. Because they don't want them selling customer things that aren't available yet. They want them to sell them something today.

By the way, I must say that Sprint's Customer service department seems to have improved significantly in the past 6 months or so. I used to HATE having to call them, 2nd only to Comcast. But my last several experiences have actually been quite pleasant with very short hold times - about 30 seconds.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Hello all! My name is BJ DeHut and I am a representative for Sprint. I see a few of you have some questions regarding upgrades and what the Premier program is. Here is an article that was written by a 3rd party today, I hope it can answer most of your questions: Sprint Rolls Out Loyalty Program -- Sprint -- InformationWeek
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12