1.    #1  
    I just found a link to this site in the PreCentral comments. Looks more like it will be released soon. Either that or some PRPRPR $firm$ $is$ $really$ $earning$ $it$ $fee$.
    I wouldn't trust that site. Interesting that it doesn't list the BANDS this Pre would run on - very vague in that area. Who knows which Pre they're even talking about? Looks sketchy to me.
  3.    #3  
    Never heard of them before myself. But then again I only deal the Treocentral and Styluscentral. And I would think that if anyone outside of Palm, Sprint, and Bestbuy would get it it would be Treocentral. And perhaps they have and are honoring a NDA.

But doesn't it seem strange that there has been next to nothing on the device it's self since CES. But there is a practical blizzard of release date rummors

Also is not a Sunday release unusual?
  4. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by starlord II View Post
    But doesn't it seem strange that there has been next to nothing on the device it's self since CES. But there is a practical blizzard of release date rummors

Also is not a Sunday release unusual?
    There was an article I saw a week or so ago that said Palm would be working on getting the Pre ready, not keeping buzz going. (My hunch is they're going off the buzz still from CES on sites like this and outsource a lot of the rest to Sprint and--probably--Vodafone.)

As for Negri, this is from a review I found (by Googling "Negri Electronics reviews"...

We’ve heard about Negri Electronics before and their penchant for, er, exaggeration. Their over-excited online retailing techniques aside, they can be relied upon to keep an eye on the most interesting releases.
    http://www.pmptoday.com/2008/06/27/u...i-electronics/

So they probably don't have frequencies up because they don't know yet either. Much as I want an unlocked GSM Pre, I'm wouldn't jump on this if I had the $$$ in hand right now. And since I don't yet, having a little more time is good.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    If you scroll down to the bottom, it says:

This product is expected to be in stock on Wednesday 01 July, 2009

So I suspect that's your release date...
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork View Post
    If you scroll down to the bottom, it says:

This product is expected to be in stock on Wednesday 01 July, 2009

So I suspect that's your release date...
    Or is the whole advert. just a pipe-dream of their marketing department, based on publicly known information about the Pre.