1.    #1  
    Right now I sync 4 computers via my Treo. So changes made on any of them or on my Treo get reflected on all of them (and the Treo) after a hotsync. What will happen with the Prue. Will all the computers get a pushed sync for changes made on any one or on the Prue? If not, can they be synced via a request to the cloud?

Also, will I still be able to use the Palm Desktop as a PIM; I love the way it handles the calendar and the address book--have not found anything that is as good (have you?)?

Thanks,

BB
    If you're referring to the Palm "Pre" (Prue? I would've assumed typo but you did it twice) then read this thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=175618
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  3.    #3  
    Yes Pre (Prue thanks to my spellchecker!).

I have read that thread, thanks, and still do not understand whether multiple computers can syn eg: pre>>cloud>>computers 1-4; computer 1>>cloud>>pre and computers 2-4. Will that work? Sorry to be thick.

BB
    At the moment there is no computer sync being advertised as available. Cloud sync and synergy are the buzz words at the moment. Although many speculate it won't be long before syncing to a computer will be available. I would think once available that it would function the same as what you're doing now. Simply maintaining the data on multiple computers via sync.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by blazorboy View Post
    Yes Pre (Prue thanks to my spellchecker!).

I have read that thread, thanks, and still do not understand whether multiple computers can syn eg: pre>>cloud>>computers 1-4; computer 1>>cloud>>pre and computers 2-4. Will that work? Sorry to be thick.

BB
    You would sync your Pre to the cloud (like Google or Yahoo) and then sync any computer you use to that cloud service. So Every change made anywhere will be updated to the rest of the devices that are synced to that cloud service.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    You would sync your Pre to the cloud (like Google or Yahoo) and then sync any computer you use to that cloud service. So Every change made anywhere will be updated to the rest of the devices that are synced to that cloud service.

Many thanks, that is what I hoped, but with one question. With Google or Yahoo would I have a local copy on each computer of all the data (much like the local copy on the phone), so I might access it w/o being on the net?

Any thoughts on which PIM comes closest to the Palm Desktop?

Thanks again.

BB
    I haven't attempted an import yet, but Yahoo contacts seems to come pretty close to what we're used to seeing now with Palm Garnet/Desktop. Unlike Gmail, Yahoo has separate First and Last name fields. Hopefully, since Yahoo is on their Partner list, we'll be able to sync to their contact list.
    Last edited by NachoB; 01/30/2009 at 09:45 AM.

Palm Pre wallpapers