1.    #1  
    As I read all of the comments, articles, and forums about the Pre and webOS, I realized that the Pre and WebOS are already successful. From the comments, it is obvious that a large number of people are going to buy the Pre. But even without that, the Pre and WebOS have opened discussions that can lead to more innovation in the market. The fact that so many people are talking about it, and in some cases very strongly, means that it has become a disruptive technology and will change the future of smartphones.

iPhone fans are attacking the Pre as a copycat. Blackberry users are saying the Storm is better. Apple is "threatening" lawsuits. People are debating the Pre and webOS more than I have seen any one device debated. This discussion alone has shown the influence the Pre and webOS have on the market and they aren't even released yet.

You can bet Apple and RIM are working on multitasking and taking some cues from webOS for their next device.

Palm should be proud that they have caused this kind of uproar.

Hopefully, all of this hype and discussion will lead to great sales numbers for Palm.
    Dave
    "Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing" > "Works like nothing else"

Palm IIIxe -> Tungsten T3 -> Lifedrive -> TX -> Verizon Centro -> Verizon Pre+ and TouchPad
    im a total apple guy and have been since 1984, but doe to the crappy plans on att i havent got the iphone, i settled for the ipod touch. but i am going to be first in line for the pre. its the first phone to really rival the iphone and in some ways beat it.
    Quote Originally Posted by daveandcori View Post
    You can bet Apple and RIM are working on multitasking and taking some cues from webOS for their next device.
    Apple & RIM already have multi-tasking. Apple doesn't allow developers to use it but RIM has no such restrictions (and they have a task switcher).
  4.    #4  
    Word came out today on Engadget (I think) that Apple is working on multi-tasking and allowing apps to run in the background. Looks like webOS has had an influence on Apple.

I think competition like this breeds innovation on all sides. This is a good thing.

Apple, RIM, and Palm can push each other to more greatness.
    Dave
    "Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing" > "Works like nothing else"

Palm IIIxe -> Tungsten T3 -> Lifedrive -> TX -> Verizon Centro -> Verizon Pre+ and TouchPad