Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I still maintain there's no way. I think its very unlikely... and if it is true, then I'll be very pleasantly surprised as opposed to being disappointed if I believe the rumors and they're wrong.

As I mentioned in another thread, I did tweet about the Feb 15 rumor to Palm and surprisingly they responded.

jhoff80 @palm_inc I think you guys need to announce a release date soon, just so this Feb 15 Pre rumor will die already about 12 hours ago from web

palm_inc @jhoff80 If we did, it might kill of that one rumor, but it would spawn a dozen new ones. about 12 hours ago from web in reply to jhoff80

Read into that whatever you want, while everyone (including myself) is over analyzing every little thing.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Well... I agree I guess. If they don't know a firm date, they should just let the one rumor stand... which will also help maintain some hype perhaps, until they can reveal a date.

But all these rumors are starting to break my disbelief in the 2/15 rumor, but I still like the sound of the March/April target, with the June cushion for unexpected delays.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    I agree that it'll be March/ April. And what is pretty convenient for Palm if the February 15 rumor continues and then turns out not to be true is they'll be at MWC the next few days anyway to sort of counterbalance the disappointment.

Edit: And I do also agree that it's getting harder and harder to disbelieve that date the more I hear it. But I still think it stands to reason the whole Pre/Pro thing is confusing many people at Sprint.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Had an interesting chat with Myronica. Strange that she says there is no release date for the Pro but the release date for the Pre is 2/15. I don't know how she could be confused though. By the way I am on a SERO plan.

10:44:45 PM
    Myronica Thank you for contacting Sprint. My name is Myronica. How may I assist you today?
    10:45:35 PM
    Me Hi, do you know when the Palm Pre (not the Pro) will be released?
    10:45:56 PM
    Myronica I'll be happy to assist you with that today. One moment please.
    10:46:26 PM
    Myronica The release date for this device is 2/15/2009.
    10:46:55 PM
    Me For the Pre or the Pro?
    10:47:11 PM
    Myronica For the palm pre.
    10:47:22 PM
    Me How about the Pro?
    10:47:51 PM
    Myronica We do not have to release information for this device at this time.
    10:48:49 PM
    Me OK, my contract is up on 4/2/09. Do you know if I will be able to keep my current plan on with the Pre?
    10:49:11 PM
    Myronica I will be happy to check for you.
    10:58:08 PM
    Myronica Thank you for you patience. You current plan is not compatible for the palm pre or the pro. You will need a data plan for this device.
    10:58:38 PM
    Me I do have unlimited data on my plan
    11:02:30 PM
    Myronica I do apologize however you are currently on the fair and flexible plan. This is an older plan and is not a data plan.
    11:03:14 PM
    Me So I would have to change my plan to activate either the Pro or the Pre?
    11:03:42 PM
    Myronica That is correct.
    11:04:24 PM
    Me OK, thanks. Just to confirm, the Palm Pre is scheduled for release on 2/15 and there is no release date for the Palm Treo Pro.
    11:04:59 PM
    Myronica That is correct.
    11:05:34 PM
    Myronica Here are all our individual plans including data plans...
    11:05:35 PM
    Myronica Myronica pushes page, http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASAp...ndividualPlans

11:06:11 PM
    Me OK, thanks for your help. Have a good night.
    11:06:30 PM
    Myronica You are very welcome. Same to you.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Nooooooo!!!! But... SERO.... dang it. I'll look at those plans later...
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    dave75, that is because she does not know what she is talking about. She doesn't even know you have unlimited data. I had a rep one time tell me I didn't have a data plan even thought I explained it to them 3 times about the SERO and I asked to speak to a supervisor. He got on the phone and immediately apologized and said that I did indeed have unlimited data on the SERO plan. He said the other rep was not familiar with that plan.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by compneo View Post
    dave75, that is because she does not know what she is talking about. She doesn't even know you have unlimited data. I had a rep one time tell me I didn't have a data plan even thought I explained it to them 3 times about the SERO and I asked to speak to a supervisor. He got on the phone and immediately apologized and said that I did indeed have unlimited data on the SERO plan. He said the other rep was not familiar with that plan.
    Absolutely entirely possible. I have had people not know what SERO is before, it's very frustrating trying to explain one of Sprint's plans to their customer support. But she did have an answer for the release dates and I was pretty specific in my questions.
    I know, I just think she got the two phones mixed up even though you clarified it several times with her. I seriously doubt the 15th for a launch date also, but I guess you never know. Thanks for sharing the info you had though.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Somebody posted almost an identical chat in the other 2/15 thread. Is it possible Sprint mixed up the names in their database? I agree, it seems like they mixed up the phones, but how can there be so many comfirmations from Sprint's CS?
    I think we will be seeing a Feb 15th release date. It seems too many sprint reps are now confirming this. I guess we will have to wait and see. If it is coming out on the 15th, if you signed up to be notified by email, we should be receiving that email soon...
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Sorry guys, but the Pre will not be released Feb 15th, and I know for sure. It's driving me crazy hearing all these false rumors.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Please set us straight. I would love to hear from somebody who knows what they are talking about!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Modular View Post
    Sorry guys, but the Pre will not be released Feb 15th, and I know for sure. It's driving me crazy hearing all these false rumors.
    your first post was to deny the rumor without any evidence other than "knowing for sure." reeeeaaaaal credible buddy.
    The insanity caused you to Post

Welcome to TC!

Now, tell us what you know
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by enter260 View Post
    your first post was to deny the rumor without any evidence other than "knowing for sure." reeeeaaaaal credible buddy.
    Says You, Post #2
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Says You, Post #2
    I thought that was funny too. That was actually his first post.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I can't give any more information. I just wanted to quash this rumor. I'll be seen as more credible when Feb 15th comes and goes
    My local store said the Pre is Feb 15th , not that I believe them ( I am sceptical , I still say they get the Pro and Pre confused) but they got me the Centro and the 800W on the dates they said. but not a biggie as I just want it released by April 15th. by spring would be nice.

And I remember the 800W rumors and no annocment , just rumors of July 15th and all of a sudden on July 10th people on here are reporting that telesales just started taking orders and I walked in to Sprint store in Manhattan and the 800W was on the shelf and I had one and the rumor was right ( I think the rumor was July 15th and all of a sudden on like July 10 it was out)
    I can't give any more information. I just wanted to quash this rumor. I'll be seen as more credible when Feb 15th comes and goes
    Do you work for Palm or Sprint?

If you do work for Sprint, why do all the Sprint Reps keep coming up with the same date? Do you know if Sprint messed up their data base which may lead to the reps confusing the Pre with the Pro?

I do want to add though, I talked to a Sprint Rep too, and while she had no idea what the Pre was, she said that the PRO is slated for a Feb 15 release. Another Sprint Rep that overheard the conversation actually knew what the Pre was, and he said it won't come out until June. Go figure...it's the luck of the draw on who you get on the horn when you call Sprint.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast