Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Talking trash on the internet doesn't give your life validity... it might be fun, but certainly no validity.
    Gave me a chuckle thinking of all the trash talk I hear when playing Gears Of War 2 on my XBOX360. Senseless. I simply say "thanks" or some other appropriate appreciative response to their trash talk and give them no ammunition.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Sprint and Palm are doing an incredible job of viral marketing
    BINGO! Give that man a cigar! Remember the Treo 600 hype? Palm/Handspring really learned how to get free publicity on that one and IMO they're playing the same card here.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by warpdrive View Post
    tprevett - Thanks for sharing with us. Sounds like your Sprint friend has some good info. Perhaps you can keep in touch with him as we approach the 2/15 rumored release date. Surely if that date is a real one, he'll be receiving more info and training very soon...
    I will keep in touch with him even more over the next couple of weeks and forward any new info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70 View Post
    You're conflating accuracy with credibility. Like everyone else, he has a 50% chance of being right at this point, but unlike everyone else, he's claiming authority -- without stating the basis for it. Therefore, the skepticism is earned. Those who've simply "heard" the 2/15 date have usually gone out of their way to detail how they posed their questions, so that others could judge the weight of their claim. No one who's cited 2/15 date has insisted on it with lines like "trust me, I know."

So if 2/15 comes and goes, and there's no Pre, he hasn't been vindicated anymore than a prediction based on a coin flip.
    I am not blending the terms accuracy and credibilty together at all. What I said is that people can and should judge for themselves the credibility of a poster. It doesn't matter whether he "claims" authority (he didn't, just definitive info) or not. I would rather people be able to post that they know and can't say why and let us draw our own conclusions instead of having people hammer some poor guy because he decided to contribute.

If you don't value the contribution, there are more posts to read above and below....
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Again, people with LOW post costs can't be discredited simply for low post counts. Those are usually the people who are in the know with alternative SN's and/or just insiders in general. Also, they don't need a source because they ARE the source.

People are lame... this is silly season and you're jumping down the throats of people over a phone. Talking trash on the internet doesn't give your life validity... it might be fun, but certainly no validity.
    I'm not trash talking. Just asking people to let new people contribute and if you don't like the contribution, skip it.

Now I do have a problem with folks trolling... Mods will ban those though.
    Quote Originally Posted by scrinch View Post
    BINGO! Give that man a cigar! Remember the Treo 600 hype? Palm/Handspring really learned how to get free publicity on that one and IMO they're playing the same card here.
    That is my point.... I am not a Palm Owner, I have been a fan for a while, and I see all this stuff, If this is not free advertisement then I would Cry WOLF.... plus all the youtube stuff, hahaaaa... PALM CEO *lurking around* Rear your ugly, cheap heads.... just poking funsies.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    I am not blending the terms accuracy and credibilty together at all. What I said is that people can and should judge for themselves the credibility of a poster.
    Which is precisely what people are doing, and precisely what you're taking issue with. You're basically saying that it's fine for people to judge the credibility of the poster as long as they don't express that judgment to others, or as long as you get to decide whose judgements get expressed. Please, get over yourself.
    It doesn't matter whether he "claims" authority (he didn't, just definitive info) or not.
    If you think a phrase like "trust me, I know" isn't claiming authority, your inference skills are questionable, to say the least.
    I would rather people be able to post that they know and can't say why and let us draw our own conclusions instead of having people hammer some poor guy because he decided to contribute.
    Again, he cited something as definitive knowledge without providing context, so the skepticism he elicited was warranted. Even when someone can't say why they know a fact they're asserting, they can always say why they can't say why (e.g. "I'm under NDA,"). There are plenty of ways to leave out traceable details while providing a general context for brash assertions.

Perhaps you find the sarcasm of some replies distasteful, which is understandable, just as some people find your histrionic characterization of "hammering" the self-appointed authority -- or "the poor guy" -- in question laughable.

If you don't value the contribution, there are more posts to read above and below....
    I'll let the irony of that statement speak for itself, without further comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by enter260 View Post
    your first post was to deny the rumor without any evidence other than "knowing for sure." reeeeaaaaal credible buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by maltese_falcon View Post
    wow, a rock solid source like you has the handle on everything.you know for sure but you're not wanting to say how you know for sure, you have two posts total. hmmmm, credibility lacking methinks.

but if you're so on the ball, you wouldn't be able to tell us who shot kennedy would you?

or Roswell, what about that?

Or Jimmy Hoffa, where can he be found? or is he hiding out in Palm's HQ and he's your deepthroat.
    You know, I'm sorry, but here we have someone with 2 posts, and someone with only 8 posts starting their association with Treocentral by insulting another poster. What's with that? Really guys, try and be a little nicer, at least until you here awhile and know who you're dissing.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by tprevett View Post
    I was in the sprint store yesterday, speaking with a sprint REP whom I have been dealing with for years, and has become a friend. He told me that sprint recalled all of the Treo Pros, including the Advocate Treo Pro in his store, in order to fix some issues which were discovered. He mentioned the sensitivity of the touch screen as one of the possible issues.
    I have to say, the one problem I found when playing with the Pro at Best Buy was the touch screen did not react to the stylus. I told the guy there and he said he had the same problem and had to use his fingers. It worked with my finger, but couldn't get it to work with the stylus. How do it know? (an old joke line)
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70 View Post
    Which is precisely what people are doing, and precisely what you're taking issue with. You're basically saying that it's fine for people to judge the credibility of the poster as long as they don't express that judgment to others, or as long as you get to decide whose judgements get expressed. Please, get over yourself.
    If you think a phrase like "trust me, I know" isn't claiming authority, your inference skills are questionable, to say the least.
    Again, he cited something as definitive knowledge without providing context, so the skepticism he elicited was warranted. Even when someone can't say why they know a fact they're asserting, they can always say why they can't say why (e.g. "I'm under NDA,"). There are plenty of ways to leave out traceable details while providing a general context for brash assertions.

Perhaps you find the sarcasm of some replies distasteful, which is understandable, just as some people find your histrionic characterization of "hammering" the self-appointed authority -- or "the poor guy" -- in question laughable.

I'll let the irony of that statement speak for itself, without further comment.
    lol. You are funny.

I'm done with this.
    All of this speculation reminds me of when I met Bill Murray in 1982.
    I asked him when his next movie was coming out.
    He replied as only Bill Murray could, "When it's finished."
    Guess the Pre will be out then.
    For the record, since my Sprint 2 year $150 discount kicks in March 11, I'm hoping ... March 11.
    Nah, I want to see it Feb 15 just like all of you.
    Just so you know, I invented the question mark, and there will not be one on the Pre, as they didn't pay me royalties for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Modular View Post
    I can't give any more information. I just wanted to quash this rumor. I'll be seen as more credible when Feb 15th comes and goes
    I can guarantee it wont be released on Feb 21. After that day I will be seen as more credible
  14.    #54  
    Please, enough with the personal back and forth here, I don't particularly like closing threads.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teso Dos Bichos View Post
    ... I'm also from the slightly less glamourous Scotland.
    While to you Scotland might not seem ''glamorous", having visited there many times, my opinion is that the beauty of Scotland is only surpassed by the character, warmth and humor of the of the people that live within her boarders.
    Reading this whole thread , and ignoring some of the silly back and firht, the infomration from tprevett was most interesting.

we've read reports of Plam training on the phone, but tprevett contact, who works in a large store which I;m guessing does phone support, has had no training. A direct condtradiction of past reports.

BTW - i have 700 posts as i write this, and i'm a terrbile, abosolutly usless source :-)
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    While to you Scotland might not seem ''glamorous", having visited there many times, my opinion is that the beauty of Scotland is only surpassed by the character, warmth and humor of the of the people that live within her boarders.
    Not to mention it is the land of Uisge Beatha - the water of life!
    Quote Originally Posted by firstbeat View Post
    They called it the "Pre" because they PRAY that this device will be the one that saves the company from going under. Not a joke. It's serious. I heard that from the inside.
    The phone is pronounced Pree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    LOL @ your username. =P
    Glad to be of service.

Quote Originally Posted by GearGoddess View Post
    in my world, a sense of humor is always a welcome contribution.
    Thanks for the welcome. I've been lurking for a while but with the daily stream of information that is now coming out I felt it was time to dive in. Hopefully I can make a positive contribution here.

Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Gave me a chuckle thinking of all the trash talk I hear when playing Gears Of War 2 on my XBOX360. Senseless. I simply say "thanks" or some other appropriate appreciative response to their trash talk and give them no ammunition.
    The sound of prepubescent whining is the highlight of any Live kill/victory.

Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Not to mention it is the land of Uisge Beatha - the water of life!
    Now we are talking. My last job was working for Glenmorangie but back in my Uisge Beatha days it was usually Bunnahabhain all the way. My local had to put in a special 'Teso order' each month. I miss those days but I am now all over Scotland each week at various different clients so I had to cut back.

EDIT: Talk about perpetuating a stereotype!

EDIT2: So the 15th Feb...
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    You know, I'm sorry, but here we have someone with 2 posts, and someone with only 8 posts starting their association with Treocentral by insulting another poster. What's with that? Really guys, try and be a little nicer, at least until you here awhile and know who you're dissing.
    Lol,
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast