Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Modular View Post
    Sorry guys, but the Pre will not be released Feb 15th, and I know for sure. It's driving me crazy hearing all these false rumors.
    Though I'm not holding my breath for the Feb 15 rumor, I feel at this point that it has more credibility than you. If you're going to say that a rumor is flat out false, you can at least hint at your source. If not, you might as well not say anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    Though I'm not holding my breath for the Feb 15 rumor, I feel at this point that it has more credibility than you. If you're going to say that a rumor is flat out false, you can at least hint at your source. If not, you might as well not say anything.
    HAHAHAHAHHAHA
    Just spoke with Sprint telesales. They confirmed launch of Palm Pre (and not Pro) on 2/15. They also confirmed Pre is the phone with a slider keyboard. The representative also confirmed that I would not have to get the Sprint Everything plan - just a data plan. He did not have any pricing information.
    I, as do many others, find the 2/15 date hard to believe. (But seeing that the 15th is the day of the Sprint sponsored Daytona 500 makes it more believable.) But I do have to say that if it ISN'T the 15th, Sprint and Palm are doing an incredible job of viral marketing.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Sorry guys, but the Pre will not be released Feb 15th, and I know for sure. It's driving me crazy hearing all these false rumors.

wow, a rock solid source like you has the handle on everything.you know for sure but you're not wanting to say how you know for sure, you have two posts total. hmmmm, credibility lacking methinks.

but if you're so on the ball, you wouldn't be able to tell us who shot kennedy would you?

or Roswell, what about that?

Or Jimmy Hoffa, where can he be found? or is he hiding out in Palm's HQ and he's your deepthroat.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I was in the sprint store yesterday, speaking with a sprint REP whom I have been dealing with for years, and has become a friend. He told me that sprint recalled all of the Treo Pros, including the Advocate Treo Pro in his store, in order to fix some issues which were discovered. He mentioned the sensitivity of the touch screen as one of the possible issues. When I asked him about the Pre, he could not quash the rumor of the 15th, and he did say that it was possible, and that he too had been hearing bits and pieces from within the confines of Sprint. He also noted that his store has NOT been given any training, previews or product materials regarding the Pre. This is the biggest store in my area, and is the only full service store, so I would assume they would be one of the first stores in our area to get their product materials and training.
    Quote Originally Posted by maltese_falcon View Post

wow, a rock solid source like you has the handle on everything.you know for sure but you're not wanting to say how you know for sure, you have two posts total. hmmmm, credibility lacking methinks.

but if you're so on the ball, you wouldn't be able to tell us who shot kennedy would you?

or Roswell, what about that?

Or Jimmy Hoffa, where can he be found? or is he hiding out in Palm's HQ and he's your deepthroat.
    Wow. Mr. 8 posts is hammering Mr. 1 post.

Would you get a life? He is as credible as many of the people who say they "heard" it would be the 15th. So he can't tell you how he knows. Then you should take his input as uncertain and with a grain of salt. But there is no reason for us not to have it.

Geez, can't you believe that someone who has legit info can't say how they have it?

When trying to take a guess at the validity of a rumor I balance the input that says "yes" and the input that says "no." This goes onto the "no" list.

That doesn't mean he is credible or not credible. Just that he claims to have info.

So what? I would rather have his input than not.

People who respond the way you do shut down the flow of info into a forum in a very negative way. Let him speak.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I, as do many others, find the 2/15 date hard to believe. (But seeing that the 15th is the day of the Sprint sponsored Daytona 500 makes it more believable.) But I do have to say that if it ISN'T the 15th, Sprint and Palm are doing an incredible job of viral marketing.
    I was thinking the same thing. Maybe Palm decided to name the Pre and Pro similarly to intentionally create confusion. Pretty easy to start rumors and blame it on a simple mistake. I just want the 15th to get here so I can get on with my life. Right now I'm skeptical of the 15th rumor, but if there are no Superbowl commercials, I'll be convinced the 15th is false.
    Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post

Would you get a life? He is as credible as many of the people who say they "heard" it would be the 15th. So he can't tell you how he knows. Then you should take his input as uncertain and with a grain of salt. But there is no reason for us not to have it.

Geez, can't you believe that someone who has legit info can't say how they have it?

When trying to take a guess at the validity of a rumor I balance the input that says "yes" and the input that says "no." This goes onto the "no" list.

That doesn't mean he is credible or not credible. Just that he claims to have info.

People who respond the way you do shut down the flow of info into a forum in a very negative way. Let him speak.
    Very true, but there are also a lot of Trolls on forums that get off just signing up to post stupid stuff and never really contributing anything else to a forum. People that have been around for a longer time and have some kind of reputation knowing things earlier than others are just more credible than a guy that just signed up. For all we know, he could be Dan Hesse himself, or he could be some 12 year old from timbuktu who just got his first computer.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    If anything, this entire debate really makes you wonder why Palm's marketing dept decided that to call one phone "Pre" and the other "Pro". I mean, the two names are way too similar, even if it's technically "Treo Pro", or whatever.

I will say, though, as someone who's responsible for giving information and workflows to a call center (NOT SPRINT'S) that call center works are at least 2-3 levels removed from the actual sources of information, more levels if they're foreign. The information they give you is going to be dubious at best, and an outright fabrication at worst.
    I am still saying they called it the Pre, because its the first phone using webOS and it's the Pre-cursor of things to come? lol...does that make sense?
  12.    #32  
    I think I pretty much said it in the post, but I am also in the same boat as many of you: I find feb 15 nearly impossible to believe, yet that's what everybody keeps telling us.

I will say that at this point we completely ignore any source that can't distinguish between the Pre and the Pro and can't confirm that they're talking about the Pre, not the Pro.
    I worked for a call center b4 (NOT SPRINT) and this is crazy... I know we got canned for giving false information and in a moment of confusion if we did not attempt to clear things up we got canned.... you know the rumor is 2/15, it all possible if Palm has a definitive CONFIDENTIALITY agreement w/ all the parties involved w/ the release date then it could possibly be FCC approved, marketing material is together, and all the Sprint VPs know that they have one up on all of us
    Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post

You're conflating accuracy with credibility. Like everyone else, he has a 50% chance of being right at this point, but unlike everyone else, he's claiming authority -- without stating the basis for it. Therefore, the skepticism is earned. Those who've simply "heard" the 2/15 date have usually gone out of their way to detail how they posed their questions, so that others could judge the weight of their claim. No one who's cited 2/15 date has insisted on it with lines like "trust me, I know."

So if 2/15 comes and goes, and there's no Pre, he hasn't been vindicated anymore than a prediction based on a coin flip.
    Quote Originally Posted by tprevett View Post
    I was in the sprint store yesterday, speaking with a sprint REP whom I have been dealing with for years, and has become a friend. He told me that sprint recalled all of the Treo Pros, including the Advocate Treo Pro in his store, in order to fix some issues which were discovered. He mentioned the sensitivity of the touch screen as one of the possible issues. When I asked him about the Pre, he could not quash the rumor of the 15th, and he did say that it was possible, and that he too had been hearing bits and pieces from within the confines of Sprint. He also noted that his store has NOT been given any training, previews or product materials regarding the Pre. This is the biggest store in my area, and is the only full service store, so I would assume they would be one of the first stores in our area to get their product materials and training.
    tprevett - Thanks for sharing with us. Sounds like your Sprint friend has some good info. Perhaps you can keep in touch with him as we approach the 2/15 rumored release date. Surely if that date is a real one, he'll be receiving more info and training very soon...
    Since this is effectively a meet and bash thread I might as well stop lurking and join the party. Line up to take your shots!

Granted this post meets the 'not contributing' criteria but I would not call it stupid and, as such, I only merit 50% of your bashing MannyZ28. I'm also from the slightly less glamourous Scotland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teso Dos Bichos View Post
    Since this is effectively a meet and bash thread I might as well stop lurking and join the party. Line up to take your shots!

Granted this post meets the 'not contributing' criteria but I would not call it stupid and, as such, I only merit 50% of your bashing MannyZ28. I'm also from the slightly less glamourous Scotland.
    LOL @ your username. =P
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teso Dos Bichos View Post

in my world, a sense of humor is always a welcome contribution.
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    Again, people with LOW post costs can't be discredited simply for low post counts. Those are usually the people who are in the know with alternative SN's and/or just insiders in general. Also, they don't need a source because they ARE the source.

People are lame... this is silly season and you're jumping down the throats of people over a phone. Talking trash on the internet doesn't give your life validity... it might be fun, but certainly no validity.
    The sooner it's released - the less we "unlocked gsm" folks will have to wait. Let's hope the Feb 15 rumors are correct!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast