Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1. tostler's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
       #1  
    Am I the only one that is obsessed with this device?

    I actually dreamt of using one last night. The first thing I did was change the wallpaper but let me tell ya, this thing is SWEET!

    Seriously, there's fanboy, fanatic, obsessed, then there's me who's close to getting a Palm tattoo. Any else fit into this category?
    The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.


    Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.
  2. #2  
    haha, I know how you feel. I've been on TreoCentral/Precentral forums nonstop since they announced it a few weeks ago. I seriously can't wait. On that note, I'm still a little concerned about a few features here and there as well as the battery life. I've never been a palm fanboy or anything like that, but I can't wait for the Pre to come out so I can once again be proud to say I own a Palm. My 755p has served me well, but honestly, no matter what I expect the Pre to be leaps and bounds better than the 755p as well as most if not all phones out there. I really hope that the 2/15 rumors turn out to be true cause I think i'm gonna go crazy if I have to wait any longer.
  3. Gerorne's Avatar
    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #3  
    I totally regret not being able to sneak one of each of the Foleo t-shirts they had at Linuxworld. They were all black, with palm on the right, and just a single word on front in Palm font. Foleo. Teach. Learn. And two others. I have the Learn and Foleo t-shirts.

    I also use my Palm coffee tumbler as my main hot drink tumbler, and have my Palm USB hub/sd card reader (and hidden compartment to store one) on my desk at my parents place.

    I don't know about a tatoo, but I could sure use more Palm branded stuff.

    Only if Palm didn't shut down their retail stores and were doing sneak peeks of the Pre!
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

    Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
  4. #4  
    I'd say I'm fairly well addicted to the measly dribble of news and the vast array of commentary about the Pre. When I'm not looking for Pre info on my laptop, I'm looking for Pre info on my 755p.

    I'm getting less sleep and it's affecting my work.

    I think part of my addiction has to do with the monumental underdog story we are watching play out. Palm went from mostly dead ("You've been mostly dead all day!") to king of the smartphone hill in one hour. I REALLY want Palm to succeed.
  5. Gerorne's Avatar
    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #5  
    That has a lot to do with it for me as well. I've stuck with Palm while watching as others leave, and get less and less enthused, while I was still satisfied with the minor upgrades they were releasing. And now finally there is a product that has people wanting to come back, and is finally being well recieved almost everywhere.

    This is a great story to keep track of. Not to mention all the patent drama that's been playing out.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

    Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
  6. #6  
    Glad to see I'm not alone in my obsession. Last night I started thinking about doing a Palm temporary tatoo. I've got some temp tatoo paper that you run through your printer hanging around somewhere. I just started imagining the Palm logo on my forearm.

    Weird, but fun. It is silly season. That's what I'm telling myself.
  7. cyndy's Avatar
    Posts
    211 Posts
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    #7  
    i am certainly enjoying silly season! i'm thinking about going to my local sprint store everyday, poking my head in the door & with a really expectant/worried look on my face & a shakey/pathetic tone to my voice, saying just one word, "pre?" might as well have fun & entertain others with this obsession, right?
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
  8. meballard's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #8  
    I'm not quite obsessed to the point of physically changing myself (such as a tattoo), but otherwise, count me in. I've been reading the forums/news everyday (including while at work, like right now), and getting more and more disappointed with my Centro... I keep on encountering things thinking if only I had the Pre this would be so much simpler, and really really wanting a phone with a good web browser.

    Plus being able to stay with Palm and go to a future device is fun, since I'm on my 7th Palm OS based device (since the Palm Pilot Personal, which I also upgraded to an equivalent of a Palm Pilot Professional plus a pager).
  9. #9  
    I was waiting for Palm to come back and glad to see them on there way. My problem is that I'm on VZW with family plan and employee discount. So I guess I got a longer wait.
  10. #10  
    This is how I felt when the 800w came out. I'd had a 650 forever with absolutely no issues whatsoever. I wanted to transition to a WM platform and experience more productivity.

    The 800w, while a decent device has a quirkyness to it that drives me crazy from time to time. I was so certain that Palm would release updates to it on a monthly basis to keep it neck and shoulders above other similar devices.

    Then, after my 30 days was up...rumors came out about the Pro...now, the Pre...

    I feel like I'm stuck with a step-child phone with no real dedicated support structure to keep it bug free. When I got the phone, we had no idea the Pro and Pre were coming. Sure there might have been some insiders, but the 800w was going to be the cat's pajamas.

    Now it looks like the Pre is the real deal and I'm left holding the bag. The bonus to all of this, is I won't be able to purchase the Pre immediately (unless its a reasonable price w/out rebates) which will give me time to read all of your comments on its utility! However, I can't help but feel like a kid at a candy store with no change for the shiny wrapped chocolate bar.

    Cosmo
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmopilot View Post
    This is how I felt when the 800w came out. I'd had a 650 forever with absolutely no issues whatsoever. I wanted to transition to a WM platform and experience more productivity.

    The 800w, while a decent device has a quirkyness to it that drives me crazy from time to time. I was so certain that Palm would release updates to it on a monthly basis to keep it neck and shoulders above other similar devices.

    Then, after my 30 days was up...rumors came out about the Pro...now, the Pre...

    I feel like I'm stuck with a step-child phone with no real dedicated support structure to keep it bug free. When I got the phone, we had no idea the Pro and Pre were coming. Sure there might have been some insiders, but the 800w was going to be the cat's pajamas.

    Now it looks like the Pre is the real deal and I'm left holding the bag. The bonus to all of this, is I won't be able to purchase the Pre immediately (unless its a reasonable price w/out rebates) which will give me time to read all of your comments on its utility! However, I can't help but feel like a kid at a candy store with no change for the shiny wrapped chocolate bar.

    Cosmo
    I remember how much people were anticipating the 800W, then it came out, and you hardly heard anything about it again.... I looked at it at a Sprint Store, and just thought....bah! .... don't want that.
  12. #12  
    Is the Pre worth it?
  13. #13  
    Guilty as charged!

    The Pre is the kind of device that I have always been looking for, and just like with anything I really want, it has to be shrouded in controversy and lots of questions. When will it come out? How will the battery life be? What apps will Sprint include with it (Sprint TV, Sprint Radio, Sprint Navigation)? How good will the App support be? How the hell do you play Tetris on this thing?

    So yeah, I pretty much have my mind made up that I will get this device, right after I watch every review Video of it I can find on the Internet.....don't want to make an "uninformed" buy, you know?

    When I dream of stuff I really want, it's usually because it seems to good to be true, and I subconsciously worry that it's not going be all it's made out to be, or that some evil force will take it away from me...(a certain Fruit!)

    Yeah I am weird,...lol...hell it's 3 am!
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    How the hell do you play Tetris on this thing?
    Probably using the keyboard.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  15. tostler's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
       #15  
    What I didn't say is I hope the Pre is everything I think it is. I feel I was burned by the 800W, excellent keyboard, but it was flakey compared to my 700W when it should have been a vast improvement.

    There's a part of me that wants to wait a while and see what the real early adopters have to say on the device. First and formost the battery has to last at least 18hrs of nominal use. Secondly the phone has to be excellent. Reception, speaker phone, ease of use all have to be world class. I believe the ease of use is there on Pre, but I won't know about the other two until reports start trickling in.

    The Pre just looks elegant! The design is amazing. Has any one calculated what the interior space demensions are compared to an iPhone, or Treo Pro? has Palm crammed in all those goodies into a space 20% smaller? I'm curious.

    There's a part of me that is willing to wait to see what Pre #2 looks like. Maybe it will have a microSD slot as well as fix any bugs and oversights the Pre has - Now THAT should be the killer device!
    The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.


    Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by TOstler View Post
    What I didn't say is I hope the Pre is everything I think it is. I feel I was burned by the 800W, excellent keyboard, but it was flakey compared to my 700W when it should have been a vast improvement.

    There's a part of me that wants to wait a while and see what the real early adopters have to say on the device. First and formost the battery has to last at least 18hrs of nominal use. Secondly the phone has to be excellent. Reception, speaker phone, ease of use all have to be world class. I believe the ease of use is there on Pre, but I won't know about the other two until reports start trickling in.

    The Pre just looks elegant! The design is amazing. Has any one calculated what the interior space demensions are compared to an iPhone, or Treo Pro? has Palm crammed in all those goodies into a space 20% smaller? I'm curious.

    There's a part of me that is willing to wait to see what Pre #2 looks like. Maybe it will have a microSD slot as well as fix any bugs and oversights the Pre has - Now THAT should be the killer device!
    I wish I could say that I could see myself waiting for Pre 2, but I've been waiting so freakin long to get rid of my 755p that the Pre will have to be a TOTAL flop for me to pass it up. There are a couple things like free tethering and VNC/Logmein apps that I would like to wait for, but I really don't think i will.
  17. #17  
    I will definitely be an early adopter. I'm already sitting PAC in hand so it looks like a downgrade to PAYG until the Pre is released over here. No Pre dreams yet but I have developed a flicking thumb. When I develop gesture fingers I will start to worry. Speaking of gestures I did have a Graffiti related dream not so long ago but the less said about that tragic dream the better. I almost bored myself awake.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

    It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
  18. tostler's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
       #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Teso Dos Bichos View Post
    Speaking of gestures I did have a Graffiti related dream not so long ago but the less said about that tragic dream the better. I almost bored myself awake.
    I bow to the superior dreamer!
    That's the kind of dream only a therapist could love.
    The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.


    Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.
  19. #19  
    i've been waiting a LOOOONG time for this device. hopefully it comes sooner than later
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Probably using the keyboard.
    For some reason, I totally forgot that there is a keyboard on this thing that slides out vertically...lol...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions