Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by gibsonhtp View Post
    My guess is that the pre's battery life will be slightly better compared to other full touchscreen devices. Palm knows what battery life is expected out of the average person and I'm sure they are working towards that goal.
    What? Look at the CNET reviews of the 800w. Even people who love it and say Palm dropped the ball on battery life. Palm lately has had a very bad track record on battery capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    What? Look at the CNET reviews of the 800w. Even people who love it and say Palm dropped the ball on battery life. Palm lately has had a very bad track record on battery capacity.
    That may be true, though this is a completely new device and it doesn't have Windows Mobile.
    Any device has to last 1 full day of heavy usage. The more battery left over, the better.

6am-midnight:
    30-60 minutes of calls
    30-60 minutes web browsing
    30-60 minutes music
    ~100 emails sent/received
    ~100 SMS sent/received
    5-10 google map searches and GPS location lookups
    45 minutes underground and out of service on the subway

Wifi on (if present)
    GPS on
    BT off

My old Blackberry Curve could do 2.5 days of this. My current Blackberry 8900, about 1.25 days. My iPhone could not make it a full day.

Palm needs to deliver at least 1 full day. It would have to be a very compelling device indeed to convince me to carry extra batteries or use a large extended battery.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123