Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Actually, given that this is supposedly consumer focused, rather than business focused, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see additional colors offered later in the year. I think it could only increase it's "cool" factor among the style-first crowd.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    But..but..but...haven't you guys heard? Black is the new orange. It's this month's timeless fashion statement.

Plus, you can rhyme it. Try writing an epic poem expressing your love of your new smartphone. If it were orange, you know you're going to get stuck around about the 3rd couplet.
    Quote Originally Posted by machx View Post
    Pre has just put the nail in their coffin by coloring this phone black. Don't they realize that any real phone that is to be considered for popularity in today's society has to be orange? I refuse to buy the phone and suggest a boycott until Palm submits to our demands that the color be orange!!!
    Give it time. If there's one thing we can count on from Palm, it's product releases in new colors.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    you guys really need to find something else to do with your lives ......
    what are you doing? can we all hang out with you?
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    http://www.precentral.net/more-pre-colors-would-be-cool

If they did the color thing, then the dialer should be the same color.
    Carry the theme through out.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    my guess is that they made it all black so that when the screen is off, it elegantly blends in with the rest of the pre. one surface, one color, no edges.
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    I think everyone is missing the point here...the phone is black to coincide with the 11/27 release.
    can they design the phone to change colors at the users request? i.e. if i set the OS theme to be oceanic blue, the body should also change. it should all glow blue
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Plus ... if they have different phone colors, then the status bar at the top, and the notification area at the bottom will need to be changed to match. Right now, they are black, so they blend in with the black phone body. That will presumable require an update to the OS, or at least an option to be set.
    Sprint Treo 755p
    The Pre is black because both Palm and Sprint are counting on it to put them in the Black!
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    I know this is a joke thread. But I think they decided on black first because it's sleeker and people usually won't question that color. Black seems to be a guaranteed selling color for most phones.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Everything goes with black.

"Buyers can have it in any color they want, as long as it's black." - Henry Ford

"Back in Black" - ACDC

Technically black is not a color, but a lack of all wavelengths of visible light reflected from the surface.
    I thought black was all of the colors, we're talking pigment here not light.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I know this is a joke thread. But I think they decided on black first because it's sleeker and people usually won't question that color. Black seems to be a guaranteed selling color for most phones.
    I would be its because of all the Apple guys on the team and people who helped work on the iPhone.

Didn't Apple patent using black as a color for a mobile device?
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12