Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'd love to know. Is it okay instead of your 900p? Would you trade in your iPhone?
    Last edited by johncc; 01/29/2009 at 03:18 PM.
    this is gonna be good ....
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Perry has his iphone, best smartphone ever according to Perry. But I'll bet you he's watching, and Perry....your contract on that iphone has got to be running out soon (or that adorable daughter of yours really wants it).

My bet is he has a Pre in a short amount of time.
    Last edited by RickMG; 01/28/2009 at 08:20 PM.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Neat Idea!

Perry,
    See how important you are to this Community!

They talk and talk about you, and now they are Announcing to the whole TC community that they love you and would like to see you again.

(This should be a Sticky )
    Let's see if this works:

Perry,
    The Pre is going to be so much better than your iphone!
    Just call me Berd.
    This was discussed over here...
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Pe ree, Pe ree, Pe ree!
    Car 54 where are you?
    Baby Come Back!

Let's saddle up and get a posse together if he doesnt show up. First place to look would be the PPR.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  8.    #8  
    Who changed my thread title

and why?
    Last edited by johncc; 01/30/2009 at 05:09 AM. Reason: 'cos I was asked to.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Who changed my thread title from

and why?
    most have been a mod ... not sure why; it didn't seem inappropiate. You should PM them and ask.
    Last edited by B-model; 01/30/2009 at 07:43 AM.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Hey sorry folks, we changed the name to gtwo and made some other gtwo-changes for this user. We don't normally do name changes for users unless there's a good reason, but gtwo had one.

I'd recommend a PM to him if you're curious.
  11.    #11  
    I feel bad about asking now.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I feel bad about asking now.
    not your fault. i was curious about what he thought too. if you didn't ask, i or someone else probably would have. i didn't even know about the name-change.
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    If you folks have questions on stuff like this but aren't sure, you can always pm or email me
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Perhaps instead of feeling bad (as I'm sure "The Artist Formerly Known As Perry" would not want), the title of this thread should be changed to, "gtwo: What Do You Think of the Pre?" Although, I believe I read somewhere that he is quite content with his iPhone, and the Pre is not enough to lure him back.
    WOW, if this is my 900p. . . .Strauss won that bet with at least 18 months to spare !!

They got rid of the Tungsten T3 slider due to reliability issues. . . . . .

No "official" migration path to old Palm software? Lord.

The specs look good but I have moved on to a shared family plan of 5 users on AT&T . . . and I see nothing compelling to bring me back. . . . . we have a 1500 minute plan and use upwards of 3,000 actual minutes and still generate roll over minutes each month.. . . hard to leave that . . . .

Might take a look at what Palm/Sprint is offering when my two year contract is up at AT&T but now Palm has to fight the fact that I have settled in else where. . . . . . .

If the iPhone gets cut/paste, search across all PIM's, Docs To Go, and syncing of Tasks and Memos with Outlook . . . . there will be absolutely no reason for me to look. . . . .

I have not found my perfect PDA yet . . . . but the iPhone with the above features would be so damn close. . . . . . .

I have given up on the 12 hour battery wish for now. But I did get the back up battery though from Richard Solo. . . it's a 1200 mAh battery vs the 1000 mAh that AT&T is peddling in it's stores for the same $49.

This unit though appears to be a very strong entry by Palm. Hopefully their 3rd Party software community will be right behind them with new versions of their software. Palm's advantage has always been the open environment it has maintained and it's user friendliness and usability. The iPhone is not quite there yet, but music, movies and applications from the iTunes store are it's major advantages . . . . . .

Cheers, gtwo.
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/29/2009 at 10:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtwo View Post
    If the iPhone gets cut/paste, search across all PIM's, Docs To Go, and syncing of Tasks and Memos with Outlook . . . . there will be absolutely no reason for me to look. . . .
    Hi Perry,

Thats a big if.
    Beyond that this is 2009. Multitasking would be nice too
    Face it the iphone is a teenybopper toy not a smart phone
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gtwo View Post
    If the iPhone gets cut/paste, search across all PIM's, Docs To Go, and syncing of Tasks and Memos with Outlook . . . . there will be absolutely no reason for me to look. . . . .
    Perry Bro, good to see you post. Hope all is well.

Unfortunately for me, any one of the above would prevent me from moving to an iPhone. But we all have different needs.

Don't be a stranger. I know you've moved on but you can always do a drive-by to say hi.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Perry, I've always said that you're the nicest and classiest guy on treocentral. Sure miss you. Glad to see you post. Why the name change, and where the picture of that cutie of yours?
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post

Thats a big if.
    Beyond that this is 2009. Multitasking would be nice too
    Face it the iphone is a teenybopper toy not a smart phone
    You are correct rc, multi-tasking and "snappiness" will make the Pre a great smartphone. As I have written before . . .there is no one perfect PDA. . .everyone has their specfic needs and criteria. I am sad that it took Palm this long after the rejection of the Cobalt OS to get here.. . . . but here they are and it looks like a winner. I wonder if it will come to AT&T? Then I am sure I will have an interesting discussion with myself. . . . .

Cheers, gtwo.
  20.    #20  
    I think Palm's lost him!
    Last edited by johncc; 01/29/2009 at 11:10 PM. Reason: we -> Palm
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast