Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    About why they didnt include a microSD slot.

So it seems that 2/15 is still the date they WANT to release the phone. From other sources it looks like best buy will have them 2/15 before sprint, but i dont think that is correct, but who knows?

Anyway, 8GB will eventually be 150-200(maybe even at launch) and palm will introduce bigger storage devices ala iphone style. 16GB is in the works. Maybe even bigger storage in the future. Those will be priced significantly higher. This isnt set in stone, but palm is considering following this model which makes sense given the omission of the miscrSD slot to make people pay more if they want more space.

Also he said no go on a centro 2. No one knows anything about it. He said its still probably a little to early for that

My guess:

8GB 199 launch - 149 eventually

16GB 299

32GB 399
  2.    #2  
    <sigh> lot of grammar errors above. Its too late, you people are gonna have to deal with it. lol
    May I ask how/where you got this info?
    You don't know Vyruz Reaper?

He has a source

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=175869
    Get me a release date on the 16GB and I might hold out!!
    Thanks for the info Vyruz Reaper!

Pre-licious Rumors Still Circulating
    alright ... keep it comin
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info! Much appreciated by us all!

It's the American way to try and make a profit....but outright greed at the expense of your loyal user base is another. And who wants to be that the price premium for the 16GB & 32gb Pre will be DRASTICALLY more than what you will be able to buy a 16gb microSDHC card for at the time?

It's analogous to buying a PC from Dell...you can buy the base model w/ 1GB RAM for a decent price but Dell charges outrageous amounts to upgrade the video card, hard drive or RAM. You can buy a 4GB RAM kit elsewhere and install it yourself for less than what Dell would charge you to upgrade to 2 or 3GB.

Palm's copying Apple so closely that they are becoming a sad parody of who they once were. Where's Cobalt & ALP when we need 'em?!?! I think that despite the creakiness and age, the flexibility of Palm OS was still unmatched (well, expect for maybe WinMob) in the smartphone/mobile market. It's a shame that a lot of that variety will be tossed out the window due to WebOS and the total break by Palm from all of their legacy traditions.

P.S. If the pricing report on the 8gb Pre is correct then that's at least a good sign. But instead of a higher-margin, higher-capacity model, I'd rather see a "Pre Pro" with a microSD card slot, the Treo Pro's bigger battery and an IR port in a thicker formfactor at the top of the lineup. That would go a long way towards quieting all of the hardware grumblings at TC & other sites. The various software issues will possibly resolve themselves over time (Garnet emulation, a 3rd party desktop hotsync app etc).
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    Quote Originally Posted by hkklife View Post
    I'd rather see a "Pre Pro"
    Man, if that that was ever officially chosen...Then that will cause so much confusion.

People seem already confused with the Pre & Pro as it is.
    I like the name "Pre", but they should have chosen something better or longer. Like the "Palm Presence" maybe.

Anyway, didn't mean to hijack the thread.

If the 16gb/32gb Pre rumor is true...I hope it is released on or very near to the release of the 8gb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Man, if that that was ever officially chosen...Then that will cause so much confusion.

People seem already confused with the Pre & Pro as it is.
    I like the name "Pre", but they should have chosen something better or longer. Like the "Palm Presence" maybe.

Anyway, didn't mean to hijack the thread.

If the 16gb/32gb Pre rumor is true...I hope it is released on or very near to the release of the 8gb.
    amen, I'm probably gonna buy the Pre no matter what the day it comes out, but if a 16GB model comes out within the same month, I hate to say I'm gonna be pretty pissed. It's gonna be like the iPhone price decrease all over again. People that were early adopters (by only a month) felt as though they were kicked in the nuts. At least Apple did remedy it by giving some store credit, but I don't see that happening in this situation. A simultaneous 8GB/16GB release would be nice.
    I feel there's no way Palm could of come out with a thicker formfactor with the first device that supports the new OS. They would of got killed for it being like the older treo's.

For better or worst this is a total new image\company as compared to the old pda days.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Another question is if that $199 price is out the door or after, say, a $100 mail-in rebate? Sprint is notoriously fond of those dang MIRs. If so, I see a TON of people going to BB to get their Pre fix.

I am going to stick to my guns of a late May/early June Pre release on Sprint at either $299 out the door and no rebate or $299-$350 out the door with a $100 MIR, with the various GSM versions coming in July or August or so.
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    The next question, of course, is whether Sprint will hold Pre users to the Everything Plan or can we Sprint users use our already negotiated plans?
    Unless they change the current rebate criteria, then you will b/c the MIR ties you to an EVERYTHING plan... but the current rebate ends on 14 Feb.....
    I have no problem with Palm coming out with better and bigger versions later... that is business as we know it... I have no problem with it. Palm needs to make money... not give it away.
    18 days away, man that would be awesome. Unfortunately, I'm not eligible for the $150 upgrade until 4/1. I suppose its probably best for me, will make me wait and see how the pre works for 6 weeks and allow time for apps to be written/ported.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
  16.    #16  
    one thing making the 2/15 date sound solid to me is the fact that a lot of sprint employees are confirming the 2/15 release date. Even so much it made me call today, i bull****ed with the cs rep, told them i need a new upgrade and im pissed they dont have the iphone. She said dont worry, there is a new palm pre coming out. I was like what a palm pre. She directed me to the "coming soon" page of the pre on the sprint website and said it would be out within the next couple weeks. I asked when specifically? 2/15 was her answer. lol.

Wouldnt be funny tho if all these Sprint employees are getting the date from all these blogs which is based off of this site? Now that would be funny
    I still think the CS reps mean the Pro, not the Pre.
    Palm screwed up there with the name.
    So is the next Web OS or Windows Mobile device the Pra or the Pru?
    Pri would really confuse us!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    one thing making the 2/15 date sound solid to me is the fact that a lot of sprint employees are confirming the 2/15 release date. Even so much it made me call today, i bull****ed with the cs rep, told them i need a new upgrade and im pissed they dont have the iphone. She said dont worry, there is a new palm pre coming out. I was like what a palm pre. She directed me to the "coming soon" page of the pre on the sprint website and said it would be out within the next couple weeks. I asked when specifically? 2/15 was her answer. lol.
    90% of the Sprint people I have spoken too mix up the Pro and Pre without fail
    I'm still not convinced the CS' know the difference between the Pre and the Pro, LOL.

Edit: I see patchs beat me to it.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    How much for a unlocked one?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast