Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I would also be surprised its out on 2/15. Feb 15 and by the end of the first half of 2009 seems like a big difference. Unless they were just padding the time or pushed the release date sooner.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    90% of the Sprint people I have spoken too mix up the Pro and Pre without fail
    well, im 100% sure she knew what phone we were talking about cause she DIRECTED me to the pre coming soon site.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    People that were early adopters (by only a month) felt as though they were kicked in the nuts. At least Apple did remedy it by giving some store credit, but I don't see that happening in this situation.
    The users with a problem were the ones that purchased just over a month from release of the newer one. If it is within 30 days, then the original purchase can be returned and a new one purchased with no cost penalty to the user.
    I just got off the phone with Sprint. I had a billing issue... Imagine that. But I did check on the new phones ccoming out and the CS rep said that there is a new treo coming out on 2/15. He said it was the treo 855. I am unsure but is that not the pro??
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmexx323 View Post
    I just got off the phone with Sprint. I had a billing issue... Imagine that. But I did check on the new phones ccoming out and the CS rep said that there is a new treo coming out on 2/15. He said it was the treo 855. I am unsure but is that not the pro??
    Yes, thats the Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    one thing making the 2/15 date sound solid to me is the fact that a lot of sprint employees are confirming the 2/15 release date. Even so much it made me call today, i bull****ed with the cs rep, told them i need a new upgrade and im pissed they dont have the iphone. She said dont worry, there is a new palm pre coming out. I was like what a palm pre. She directed me to the "coming soon" page of the pre on the sprint website and said it would be out within the next couple weeks. I asked when specifically? 2/15 was her answer. lol.

Wouldnt be funny tho if all these Sprint employees are getting the date from all these blogs which is based off of this site? Now that would be funny
    Motivated by your phone call to Sprint CS, I gave them a ring too. I used the same line about how it would be nice if they got a iPhone like device and all that, and the answer did surprise me! After mentioning that I have a Sprint Touch, she actually had to think about what other phone might serve me better. The first suggestion was an Instinct, followed by a MOGUL!!!, and then a Touch Diamond. She really wasn't doing to good here....and I had to lay my cards down a little bit trying to coax some more information out of her. Well the next thing was the famous date of 2/15 but it was associated with the Treo Pro. Then she dug up a Treo 850!! WTF? Never heard of that one before...that's supposed to come out in July. When I finally mentioned the Pre, she knew nothing about it...no clue, nothing, zip, zilch nada! I steered her towards Sprints own site about the pre, and after she got some help from a co-worker, she was finally able to pull it up. But that's all she could get her hands on. She said that she was working for a 3rd party vendor working for Sprint and is not at Sprint directly. Well after a while on the phone with her, she said that one of her co workers knew about the Pre and he said it won't be out until June!!! Well....that wasn't pleasant to hear!

In the end, she got pretty excited about the phone and said she can't wait to go home to check the internet about info on the phone. So of course, I gave her the address to precentral...lol.

I guess it really depends on who you get on the horn, and there is nothing sure about the rumored 2/15 date. After this call, I really doubt it!
    So after reading all of this speculation about the 15th of Feb. I wrote an email to a retentions cs rep who I originally contacted once my contract ran out. The conversation moved to talking about the Pre a while back, which she initiated but could never give me a definite date other than the first half of the year. So after reading what people on here had to say about the Feb. 15th release I wrote her an email and received a response from her. I then replied with more questions and will post the second set of answers after she replies. But this is what has been said so far.

my email

Chandra, I have been hearing and reading a lot lately about the Palm Pre and when the phone will actually be released. I know we talked a while ago and you said all you know is the first half of the year. But recently I have heard February 15th. Some of my friends have been on the phone with sprint for one reason or another and some asked directly if they (cs rep) knew when it was coming out, and others were talking about phone upgrades and the cs rep told them well Palm is coming out with a phone soon. It is called the Pre. Both scenarios they asked the cs rep when the phone would be coming out and under both circumstances they were told Feb. 15th. Do you know if this is true? Thanks again.

below is her response

We have been given the February 15th date as well as a projected date for release. It is supposed to be released on this date but a palm pro is to be released first and the date was moved back. The dates are tentative right now.

Please keep in touch, for further updates.

Chandra

Account Manager

Sprint Nextel
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesmvaron View Post
    So after reading all of this speculation about the 15th of Feb. I wrote an email to a retentions cs rep who I originally contacted once my contract ran out. The conversation moved to talking about the Pre a while back, which she initiated but could never give me a definite date other than the first half of the year. So after reading what people on here had to say about the Feb. 15th release I wrote her an email and received a response from her. I then replied with more questions and will post the second set of answers after she replies. But this is what has been said so far.

my email

Chandra, I have been hearing and reading a lot lately about the Palm Pre and when the phone will actually be released. I know we talked a while ago and you said all you know is the first half of the year. But recently I have heard February 15th. Some of my friends have been on the phone with sprint for one reason or another and some asked directly if they (cs rep) knew when it was coming out, and others were talking about phone upgrades and the cs rep told them well Palm is coming out with a phone soon. It is called the Pre. Both scenarios they asked the cs rep when the phone would be coming out and under both circumstances they were told Feb. 15th. Do you know if this is true? Thanks again.

below is her response

We have been given the February 15th date as well as a projected date for release. It is supposed to be released on this date but a palm pro is to be released first and the date was moved back. The dates are tentative right now.

Please keep in touch, for further updates.

Chandra

Account Manager

Sprint Nextel
    This is the most concrete evidence I've seen on this topic. THANK YOU very much = )
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Hmmm... interesting. She obviously knows the difference between the Pre and Pro.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    so, then we are possibly only a few weeks away and Palm has yet to release the SDK. This makes no sense at all. I have a feeling we wont see the PRE until June.
    Quote Originally Posted by celsian View Post
    This is the most concrete evidence I've seen on this topic. THANK YOU very much = )
    You are extremely welcome! I may be new here but I want to provide as much information as everyone here has to me. I will keep things coming as I hear them.

I also wonder sine Chandra seemed to know that the Pro was suppose to be out already and the Pre was suppose to come out on the 15th I wonder if that means the delay in the Pro will also mean a delay for the Pre? I just wonder if there is a delay on the Pre, due to the Pro, how long that delay will be? Still waiting to hear back from Chandra again.
    Oh...let us all write in to our fav Sprint CS Reps and see what they say!

She definitely sounds like she knows the differences between the two models.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Oh...let us all write in to our fav Sprint CS Reps and see what they say!

She definitely sounds like she knows the differences between the two models.
    Is that sarcasm? I apologize if it isn't since it's hard to tell if you are being serious or not. However, I am trying to help others out. I understand what she has to say may or may not be correct, but none the less it's more news for all of you to read. I didn't have to post it you know, esp if I knew I'd get smart responses.
    Last edited by charlesmvaron; 01/28/2009 at 03:22 PM.
    Just got a response from Chandra.

My Email-

I know the Pro was suppose to come out but got pushed back to the 15th of Feb. So does that mean the Pre will be coming out after the Pro or do you think there is a chance they will simultaneously release both phones or even possibly moving up the Pro? Or is the 15th set in stone for the Pro, which would mean either releasing both on that date or releasing the Pre after the 15th? Ha I know Pre and Pro, kinda gets confusing. I wish they would have chosen different names. Thanks.

Also in addition to my other question I asked in my last email (Pre/Pro 15th...), have you heard anything on what type of plan the Pre will be on? Can I use my current plan or will the Pre require one of the SE plans?

Her response-

I appreciate the opportunity to answer your questions. The dates for the pro/pre are not yet set in stone until the advertisements start coming. Which usually means it is set in stone. As far as the price plan remaining the same we will be notified if this is a phone that can remain on the older price plan.

Enjoy your day,

Chandra

Account Manager

Sprint Nextel
    Sounds like they are backing off on saying its going to be 2/15.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Just talked to Sprint about a voice mail problem.

I asked him to check on Pre and Pro.

His info was that Pro release date was 2/15. Nothing in the system about the Pre.

And the beat goes on and on.

Help save us from Silly Season!
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    On Feb 15th , if there is no Pre out, I will hunt down all you peeps saying the Feb 15th and....well something. Gotta be painful for the ache in my heart from being disaapointed :P
    I still like the name "Preo" rather than "Pre". Heck, even Palm Precog would be better than Palm Pre...er...Pro...er...???
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    On Feb 15th , if there is no Pre out, I will hunt down all you peeps saying the Feb 15th and....well something. Gotta be painful for the ache in my heart from being disaapointed :P
    dont kill me! im just the messenger! sometimes sources are right, sometimes they are wrong, sometimes they are right but **** happens and things change
    This has got to be one the silliest seasons EVER for a Palm hopeful!!

I just wonder how many of the CS reps know what the difference is between a Pro and a Pre...even with pics. I am going to just relax and wait for the MWC and see what else will be revealed!

Palm REALLY has the hype going with this Pre, that we can ALL agree!!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast