Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am stating here-and-now that there will be a Palm Pre Sprint Superbowl commercial, and that the release will indeed happen on February 15th. The Pro release will be on the 15th as well, but merely as a sidenote to the Pre.

Comments and other predictions are welcome!
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    that would be pretty awesome but i dont see it happening....
    hah, I like your line of thinking! That'll be one heck of a superbowl surprise no matter who wins! I'm putting my money on the Sprint/Palm team! :-P
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Oddly enough and as far-fetched as 2/15 sounds, something about this almost makes some sense. They would have a 2 week window to promote it. How much longer would you really want to do this? People are impatient.

Also, the Pro has been pushed to late Feb? Maybe this is to let the Pre have the stage all alone.

I don't see that they need to release the SDK before the device. Apple didn't until MUCH later. They need money and people are excited about this now. As long as the apps on the phone work well, the 3rd party stuff can come later.
    Quote Originally Posted by netfreedom View Post
    I am stating here-and-now that there will be a Palm Pre Sprint Superbowl commercial, and that the release will indeed happen on February 15th. The Pro release will be on the 15th as well, but merely as a sidenote to the Pre.

I completely agree with you. I believe both of those things will be happening as well when you've stated.
    Gotta love Silly Season... Where is Perry when you need him?!
    Quote Originally Posted by netfreedom View Post

Did anyone see Pre was approved by FCC? I was on the FCC site and did not find/see any approval on Pre. Hope your statement is true... But, will not hold up the hope...
    Can the marketing guys really justify the expense on a Superbowl adv. at this time? I don't know how much the superbowl adv. translates to sales for visibility. In todays economy, Palm's would review which gets them the more exposure and with a long impression at best for the $$$$.
    I'm all for this but I just don't see it happening either. It'd cost too much, and they'd probably do better to have a nice long buildup of buzz for the Pre. I really think it'll be March or April.
    Yeah...I dont think Sprint would spend the money on a Super Bowl commercial.

Gosh...I hope the Pre doesnt come out soo early! I dont have my tax refund back yet (still havent gotten all of my paperwork to file)!!!
    PRE-Diction huh? I'm beginning to think Pre is a great name. Last night at work a computer screen flashed "Pretest" as it always does. Guess what I thought of?

All I know is I have 6 (NFC) and 9 (AFC) in the pool. Maybe a PREgame special?
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Yeah...I dont think Sprint would spend the money on a Super Bowl commercial.
    Hmmm, if Sprint does it with Palm, there may be a possibility it will be there.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Watch there just be an iphone commercial instead. =P The commercial that everyone talks about from the SuperBowl.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerorne View Post
    Watch there just be an iphone commercial instead. =P
    LOL! That's for sure. Apple will not and cannot afford to be in the background while an upstart potential "copycat (according to their comments)" shows up on a highly visible event like the Superbowl.
    I bet they'll have commercials for the Pre as they would be stupid not to. The Superbowl is viewed by millions of people worldwide and exposure for the Pre would be at an all time high. I mean Sprint does sponser the NFL so there's a really good chance this might happen.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I think one of the key things Palm needs right now (and probably Sprint in conjunction) is a large splash to get their name out there again, and Superbowl ad would probably do that quite effectively...

The FCC approval being seen is probably a non-issue, as companies apparently have the ability to hold back documents much more so than in the past, so it may be approved, without it being publicly known.

I just also had the thought that a potential of an early launch of the Pre (like in February) is that it might decrease the likelihood of a successful injunction by Apple over any patents, or least get some initial revenue in before an injunction could potentially happen, but who knows...
    I'm sort of rooting for a Feb 15 release date, but my heart's not totally in it.

Early May, I'm eligible for $150 new phone credit on Sprint. If they release on 2/15, all you early adopters can shake out the bugs in the OS and that flood of 3rd party apps we're expecting, long before I make the switch.

...if I can grit my teeth and hold out that long.
    That's only 12 commercials. The superbowl usually has way more ads than that.
    That's the spirit!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast