Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    NFL doesn't sell the ad time. The network does.
    yes but the network has a contract with the NFL to brodcast the game.. therefore leaving an opening for sprint.

I like this though.. you could have a commercial durning the game, then those little panning shots where there is a guy saying "this game brought to you by.... " not to mention the plugs that you can get the TV crew to live read. (cringes at thought of Madden)

that is ALOT of exposer in this day in age where you have to work and work to get people to see your add.
    Not going to happen. I found an article linked elsewhere:

Sprint Nextel won’t be appearing during the game, but it has purchased some less expensive pregame spots.

Sprint spokesman David Mellin said the commercials will come “out of existing inventory,” which means “it’s safe to assume they’ll feature (CEO) Dan Hesse.”
    http://www.kansascity.com/105/story/1000830.html

Assuming "out of existing inventory" means what I think it does, and I don't see any reason to think otherwise, the only Sprint ads you'll see are old ads that we've seen before.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Assuming "out of existing inventory" means what I think it does, and I don't see any reason to think otherwise, the only Sprint ads you'll see are old ads that we've seen before.
    This is not how Don Draper would handle it.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I was responding to the idea that it would be cheaper because they are a partner when there seem to be hudnreds
    Apparently you're psychic. That correlation wasn't clear. The last statement specifically referenced pregame.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by Leet Mongoose View Post
    yes but the network has a contract with the NFL to brodcast the game.. therefore leaving an opening for sprint.
    With the amount of money that a network pays to the NFL to broadcast the Super Bowl, do you think that the NFL gets to just usurp the network's ad revenues?
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Not going to happen. I found an article linked elsewhere:

http://www.kansascity.com/105/story/1000830.html

That really doesn't make since for a struggling company, you have to spend money to make money... the article says "out of existing inventory" so all we gone see is Dan walking in the snow, they show that everyday.... the INSTINCT commercial, what a joke.... and please not the our broadband is faster than your broadband commercial.... as the network struggles to sell the rest of the 67 slots, Palm may step up, and plus they have to have them filled, maybe they'll show a Transformers 2 commercial, and what, what is that.... that object Sam Witwicky is holding... a PALM PRE, how about that Talk of the Commercials
    So on CNN they were talking about the Superbowl ads (prices & stuff). They mentioned that there are 67 ad slots to fill & at last count there were 65 slots taken. They (the network) aren't giving any discounts on the prices for the last 2 slots.

Hopefully Sprint can sneak by & throw in a Palm Pre commercial. I don't have my hopes up on this though.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Slightly off topic... but speaking of the superbowl... for everyone who has sprint...

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/2371-1.htm

Just downloaded it. Pretty cool.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123