Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by machx View Post
    Yeah and all these people whining about wanting 16 GB + of storage would be the same ones crying about the cost being over $200
    The whiners are the people who say they don't care. they are whining that the subject comes up among professional sites.

They are crying that this issue should not be discussed becaasue it upsets them?
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    b) they care about palms future and dont want to see this do or die, everything on one roll of the dice alienate a significant part of the market.
    Again, how "significant" is this part of the market if Apple has steamrolled every microSD-sporting smartphone with ONE device that has not and will not feature a microSD slot?

The REAL significant part of the market has spoken very clearly, and Palm is heeding that.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Again, how "significant" is this part of the market if Apple has steamrolled every microSD-sporting smartphone with ONE device that has not and will not feature a microSD slot?

The REAL significant part of the market has spoken very clearly, and Palm is heeding that.
    Yeah, those 3.3 million sold in the first weekend were so pissed off about the microSD slot.

Doesn't everyone know you absolutely MUST have a microSD slot to sell any electronic item these days???
    So why do all you people come to the Pre forum to post how much you don't want it? lol

nothing better to do, no life, or just lying
    How about because it's a DISCUSSION board, not a Pre fan club and praise board? Discussion doesn't mean fanboying or girling.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!

But they did offer the option of more space. Of course you have to pay more for it, but if you're not going to offer an expansion slot, at least offer more space.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Yeah and all these people whining about wanting 16 GB + of storage would be the same ones crying about the cost being over $200
    Not in my case. I don't expect any 16GB phone to be $200 since they are $300 and up normally.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    But they did offer the option of more space. Of course you have to pay more for it, but if you're not going to offer an expansion slot, at least offer more space.
    Haven't they already offered this option? Buy the 8GB Pre or wait for one of the future models we've already confirmed we'll be putting out down the road?
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    How about because it's a DISCUSSION board, not a Pre fan club and praise board? Discussion doesn't mean fanboying or girling.
    right but it's not a troll board or a support group for those who are obsessed with microSD
    Yes bigger by the volume of two dimes!
    Don't forget the added weight

Bam, exactly! When Palm left the audio jack off the 800w a few people said: "get a dedicated device. "

Ironic given that these are marketed as convergence devices.
    Yep,
    I don't want to carry two devices.

I guess it's just my Obsession.
    Just call me Berd.
    Haven't they already offered this option? Buy the 8GB Pre or wait for one of the future models we've already confirmed we'll be putting out down the road?
    Technically that's not offering the option. "The future" is too vague.

Not in my case. I don't expect any 16GB phone to be $200 since they are $300 and up normally.
    I'm pretty sure Palm isn't going to put out more than one model of Pre at any given time given their financial position. They don't have the luxury of throwing different models out on the market right now and seeing what sticks (like Apple did when the 4GB iPhone proved to be a waste). They have to put all of their power on one model that appeals to the biggest slab of the market, and then go from there.

If the "one and only" was the 16GB model, they'd get hammered by the lower cost 8GB iPhone, and it would be game over.
    right but it's not a troll board or a support group for those who are obsessed with microSD
    Who's trolling in this thread? And people who want microSD DO have a right to post, even if you don't like it.

And definitely not a place to imply differing opinions as being one or the other.
    Just call me Berd.
    Technically that's not offering the option. "The future" is too vague.
    The option is "this phone" or "wait." Not "this phone" or "that phone."
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Who's trolling in this thread? And people who want microSD DO have a right to post, even if you don't like it.
    the thread is criticizing the "need" of people here for more than 8 GB of space, so technically YOU are trolling
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Yep,
    I don't want to carry two devices.
    That's fine. I don't want to pop microSD cards in and out. I just happen to be in the vast majority at the moment. C'est la vie.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    That's fine. I don't want to pop microSD cards in and out. I just happen to be in the vast majority at the moment. C'est la vie.
    LOL true. And they've made that decision decisive IMO by making mass storage device a feature of the Pre, which I personally happen to love (another feature they've taken note from the iPhone on)

Gonna be sweet for us

With mass storage device, I'll be loading and unloading it all the time, with mostly smaller audio files. Definitely no blu ray dvds at over 8 GB
    So it's settled.

Good, I was worried we were getting a little bent.

Now we can all just turn down the heat a little.

Peace
    Just call me Berd.
    I'm pretty sure Palm isn't going to put out more than one model of Pre at any given time given their financial position. They don't have the luxury of throwing different models out on the market right now and seeing what sticks (like Apple did when the 4GB iPhone proved to be a waste). They have to put all of their power on one model that appeals to the biggest slab of the market, and then go from there.

If the "one and only" was the 16GB model, they'd get hammered by the lower cost 8GB iPhone, and it would be game over.
    See, that's one reason why a microSD slot would have been good. If they want to offer the 8GB Pre around $200, put in an expansion slot and that would have been an advantage over the iPhone.

As of now, there isn't a whole lot to get me to risk changing carriers. The webOS is good, but since there's no desktop sync, that's another thing that makes me hesitate until I can see how safe and efficient cloud sync is.

Bent? Nah.

I'm a little befuddled that people here see ANY physical storage medium as being "the future", much less microSD cards, but I'm not angry or offended about it.

I mean, do you guys really figure expensive 4G/WiMax infrastructure is being built so our phone's WebKit browsers can load pages faster? Really?
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast