Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213
Results 241 to 252 of 252
  1. #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    LOL! Right! I think we call that "assuming". and we all know what that means.
    If memory serves we also assumed some thrid party would develop a means of running PalmOS programs on the Pre.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  2. #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Someone could, but it couldn't possibly outnumber the times people said that about copy n paste, MMS, <insert missing feature>, etc in regard to the iphone.
    iPhone obsession?
  3. #243  
    The problem is some people here act as though their wee wee will shrink permanently if they admit that something Palm did with the pre wasn't the best move. So they will defend anything and everything from criticism and can't seem to admit that better options are available for next to zero cost.

    So don't buy it!

    I bet a thrid party app will fix that!

    OMG cloud mass storage!

    Bottom line is the phone should be released with a minimum of 16GB because that is the most likely next step for Apple, their main competitor and what the Pre is compared to by just about everyone.

    Palm is foolish for only releasing with 8gb. Will it kill the device? No. Would 16gb be better? Yes. Would it have really cost us anything more? Well if Apple can do it Palm should be able to as well.
  4. #244  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Can somebody please add up how many "I'm sure someone will develop an application for this"

    or

    "I'm sure an upgrade will handle that"
    537,069 by my last count.

    This forum has long had the most specialized, persnickety users I've ever seen. I'm sorry that the Pre won't hold 32GB onboard while making calls, using Nav, playing the entire catalog of Queen in lossless audio and torrenting movies simultaneously as we text to friends...but only in landscape view on an onscreen keyboard! And I'm sorry it won't have X, Y, and Z other features people want.

    That's pretty much how I feel about the iPhone, G1, and Blackberry Storm, etc., and that's why I don't want those devices but do want the Pre. Not because it is perfect - it's far from it - but because it's the best TO ME of what's on the market right now.

    If other people don't feel that way, that's cool. Nothing wrong with making their differences known. Just gets boring to read the same ones over and over and over. At a certain point, I would think one would make peace with it or move on to another device. Those are the only two productive options I see.
  5. #245  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Bottom line is the phone should be released with a minimum of 16GB because that is the most likely next step for Apple, their main competitor and what the Pre is compared to by just about everyone.

    Palm is foolish for only releasing with 8gb. Will it kill the device? No. Would 16gb be better? Yes. Would it have really cost us anything more? Well if Apple can do it Palm should be able to as well.
    Yup. Palm should have also made the Pre have a 3.5-inch screen. And gotten rid of the keyboard. And installed OSX instead of wasting their time developing a new OS.

    Fools... <<<<--- This was Directed at Palm, not any particular member>>
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 05/27/2009 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Clarification
  6. #246  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    537,069 by my last count.

    This forum has long had the most specialized, persnickety users I've ever seen. I'm sorry that the Pre won't hold 32GB onboard while making calls, using Nav, playing the entire catalog of Queen in lossless audio and torrenting movies simultaneously as we text to friends...but only in landscape view on an onscreen keyboard! And I'm sorry it won't have X, Y, and Z other features people want.

    That's pretty much how I feel about the iPhone, G1, and Blackberry Storm, etc., and that's why I don't want those devices but do want the Pre. Not because it is perfect - it's far from it - but because it's the best TO ME of what's on the market right now.

    If other people don't feel that way, that's cool. Nothing wrong with making their differences known. Just gets boring to read the same ones over and over and over. At a certain point, I would think one would make peace with it or move on to another device. Those are the only two productive options I see.
    You mean your bored reading about an unreleased cell phone that was announced about 6 months ago? Maybe if you don't want to read about it, or participate in the conversation, you should not visit.
  7. #247  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Yup. Palm should have also made the Pre have a 3.5-inch screen. And gotten rid of the keyboard. And installed OSX instead of wasting their time developing a new OS.

    Fools...

    Big difference between swapping a flash chip and adding screen size. One costs next to nothing and is easy to do the other is a retarded example proving my point.
  8. #248  
    <<merged>>

    I would really like to encourage ones to search.
    Just call me Berd.
  9. #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Big difference between swapping a flash chip and adding screen size. One costs next to nothing and is easy to do the other is a retarded example proving my point.
    Yes, swapping a flash chip when several tens or hundreds of thousands of units have already been packaged and shipped costs next to nothing and is easy to do.

    You proved your point indeed.
  10. #250  
    Personal Attacks Deleted.

    Knock it Off.
    Just call me Berd.
  11. #251  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Yes, swapping a flash chip when several tens or hundreds of thousands of units have already been packaged and shipped costs next to nothing and is easy to do.

    You proved your point indeed.

    Regardless prior to production the decision could have been made and a minimal cost. Such a move would have been a better decision than just launching with 8gb and would have placated one of the bigger complaints about the device.

    You man be a Palm fanboi and will defend anything they do blindly. I on the other hand can see their move for what it is, short sighted.

    It is ok to offer constructive criticism and point out a devices short comings despite how you act here. Blindly defending a device like it is your wife or child makes people that do it look like fools.
  12. #252  
    I'll let you guys cool off for a few.

    Back to your corners.

    <<temporarily closed>>

    Nevermind <closed for good>>

    You guys can talk about 8gb over here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-8gb-16gb.html
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 05/27/2009 at 05:33 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213

Posting Permissions