1.    #1  
    so i know none of us have actually used the Pre, but i'm wondering what the keyboard is like. in the yahoo article, they say it is small, and like that on the centro. i have never used the centro so don't know really how small it is. If the buttons are small as in similar to the blackberry curve's keys then it's no big deal but if they are smaller, it seems pretty inefficient. just wondering exactly HOW small they are and if, after some practice, it's possible to fly on its keyboard like it is on the curve.
    Quote Originally Posted by smatyas View Post
    so i know none of us have actually used the Pre, but i'm wondering what the keyboard is like. in the yahoo article, they say it is small, and like that on the centro. i have never used the centro so don't know really how small it is. If the buttons are small as in similar to the blackberry curve's keys then it's no big deal but if they are smaller, it seems pretty inefficient. just wondering exactly HOW small they are and if, after some practice, it's possible to fly on its keyboard like it is on the curve.
    I have a centro and the keyboard is pretty small. I have pretty small hands but I got used to using it pretty quickly. And compared to the curve, which I have played around with, the centro is quite a bit smaller than the curve. Check out this picture.

picture.
    But the Pre keyboard is a little bigger than the Centro's
    I can't even type on the Centro. My thumbs are too big.
    Some info here might help:

http://www.precentral.net/palm-pre-y...tions-answered

See Dieter's Answer to question #1 and #3

He also wrote:
    "One-handed use is great, though you'll need two hands when the keyboard is open and you want to reach the upper-parts of the screen (unless you have sasquatch-hands and/or Nosferatu-hands. I'm in the latter camp, so I'm set)"
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I was at the Overland Park Best Buy the other day where a Palm PRO was on display. I played with it for a few minutes but for me the keys were to "flat" and hard to distinguish with my fingertips. I then typed on the Cento for a few minutes and found that keyboard to be a lot more forgiving. Currently I'm on a 755P, and if the Pre has even slightly larger keys than the Centro, I'll be extremely happy.

In the FWIW department...

I asked the salesperson there about the Pre and the individual said April, and the Pro on the 15th of Feb.
    Maybe it's April 1st? lol

Anyhow...a lot of people have compared the Pre's keyboard to the Centros, but the obvious difference is that the keys are quite a bit more spaced out on the Pre than on the Centro.