1.    #1  
    Just saw this on the front page of Yahoo... it's a top 10 questions & Answers about Pre

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/33277
    Not a bad summary.

Then again, I love my tunes and my videos (especially movie rentals), and for now, the iPhone's built-in iPod app (which includes TV show and movie rental support) appears to have the advantage over the Pre's solid, but unexceptional media player. (Now, if Amazon were to build a Pre app for its video store, well ... that would change things).

That last part regarding amazon is something i harped on already. Amazon needs it. Palm needs it. We need it. I see a win win win..lol
    Quite the solid article, and certainly better than Gizmodo's "Ultimate" FAQ orignally was(which was first published with several glaring errors).
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stromson View Post
    Quite the solid article, and certainly better than Gizmodo's "Ultimate" FAQ orignally was(which was first published with several glaring errors).
    And still has some glaring omissions and errors. For example, they don't list the dimensions and they think the silent mode slider and the off button are the same thing. Many other "answers" are half baked at best. Pre-Central could easily do better.
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    Pre-Central could easily do better.
    And should...Since the site is all about the Pre. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Not a bad summary.

Then again, I love my tunes and my videos (especially movie rentals), and for now, the iPhone's built-in iPod app (which includes TV show and movie rental support) appears to have the advantage over the Pre's solid, but unexceptional media player. (Now, if Amazon were to build a Pre app for its video store, well ... that would change things).

That last part regarding amazon is something i harped on already. Amazon needs it. Palm needs it. We need it. I see a win win win..lol
    wait.....I thought Amazon was one of the launch developers........maybe I am wrong, but I could have sworn I saw it somewhere.
    Yes, an Amazon music store. Not for videos though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Yes, an Amazon music store. Not for videos though.
    Give it time, I sense a long and beautiful friendship with Amazon is in our future.
    So...the way I understand the thing about Amazon.... you are using your Amazon account, and not the Sprint Music Store that current Sprint users are stuck with? I sure hope so! I'd much rather pay for songs with my credit card than tack it on to the phone bill, which my company is paying for...lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    So...the way I understand the thing about Amazon.... you are using your Amazon account, and not the Sprint Music Store that current Sprint users are stuck with? I sure hope so! I'd much rather pay for songs with my credit card than tack it on to the phone bill, which my company is paying for...lol.
    That would be the logical way for it to be handled, and I assume that Amazon and Sprint would have some kind of revenue sharing deal set up so that Sprint gets at least a little bit of a kickback from music sales.
    "Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams

Follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Not a bad summary.

Downloading restricted DRM crap to your phone is an advantage?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  12. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Downloading restricted DRM crap to your phone is an advantage?
    At least now they have the option to get it without DRM.
    I don't know if that extends to TV and movie videos, which is what that guy in the article said he loved the option to download. I think only to some music videos.

DVDs and a good underground ripper, or download sites, are your friends for unrestricted video viewing.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    At least now they have the option to get it without DRM.
    Not for video or audiobooks.
    Of course ripping is your friend. We're talking about the masses though. They won't do this. They need an app store. Tap, tap, buy, profit.
    good article
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.