Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I defietly agree and was thinking the same thing. Theres a good chance that no matter how great ( if its great) that it will be a disapointment as people cant afford luxorys right now. Not palms fault but absolultey the worst time to release any luxory item.
    More and more people are trying to find ways to budget.
    Let's hope Palm didn't miss the boat.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    More and more people are trying to find ways to budget.
    Definitely. But income tax time is just around the corner. If the Feb. 15th isn't true (which it probably isn't), then that gives people more time to decide if they want to use their possible tax return on some luxury items.
    I'd say cell phones aren't as much of a luxury item as they used to be. It's true that not everyone needs a Pre, or an iphone or whatever, but most people will have some kind of cell phone and anyone that still has a job will want that cellphone to be really useful since they carry it around 24/7. For me personally, and many people that haven't already jumped ship for the iPhone or blackberrys I'd guess they've had their phone for over a year or two now and will be more than happy to spend a little extra for the Pre. If the Pre truly gets released for $149 after contract, I'd say it's gonna be a no brainer for most on sprint.
    Ofcourse if the pre is under $200 it will help. I was getting a pre but now that i got laid off probally not and I know one more fella who was gonna switch from his 800W but will not due to cut in hours. Hard to justify buying a $200-$350 phone and telling you kids they cant have a birthday present this year . For me that $200 is a months food bill . Also you can get phones that do all the basic stuff the pre or iphone does for free ( sign 2 year plan ) to $50 ( Centro & Instinct) . I may still get a pre but only if I can sell my Touch pro and get almost the same price as i get for my pro.

Im sire we know alot of folks who are suffring. I dont think there is a friend or family memeber that isnt getting laid off OR on the bubble. Everyones on edge . just a bad time for the pre / google phone. Again not palms fault.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Definitely. But income tax time is just around the corner. If the Feb. 15th isn't true (which it probably isn't), then that gives people more time to decide if they want to use their possible tax return on some luxury items.
    I live in California.

I wonder if I can use the IOU the State plans to give me, in lieu of my refund check, to purchase a Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Schmid View Post
    I live in California.

I wonder if I can use the IOU the State plans to give me, in lieu of my refund check, to purchase a Pre?
    I still can't believe that California is able to get away with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    I'd say cell phones aren't as much of a luxury item as they used to be. It's true that not everyone needs a Pre, or an iphone or whatever, but most people will have some kind of cell phone and anyone that still has a job will want that cellphone to be really useful since they carry it around 24/7. For me personally, and many people that haven't already jumped ship for the iPhone or blackberrys I'd guess they've had their phone for over a year or two now and will be more than happy to spend a little extra for the Pre. If the Pre truly gets released for $149 after contract, I'd say it's gonna be a no brainer for most on sprint.
    The luxury item may not be the smartphone, it may be the smartphone with the dataplan.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    I think you're worrying way too much. Sprint has 20 million more customers than T-mobile so I doubt they'll close up shop. If they were to somehow go bankrupt, I'm sure Verizon would end up buying them for cheap just for the customers.
    Does that 20 million include the customers on the Nextel iDen network?
    Quote Originally Posted by noel431 View Post
    Apple was in the same position,and they turn it around by releaseing the iphone. All is not lost.
    WT heck?! Hear of the ipod, the macbook?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12