1.    #1  
    There is a lot of buzz on the arrival of the Pre. Does anyone have any insight about the availability of the Palm Mojo SDK? Professionally, I am a software developer, but I have never played with mobile platforms - looking forward to diving into Mojo. Any updates? Any rumors? Any guesses?
    me to
    I wish we knew but Palm has said absolutely nothing on the matter other than to check the blog/rss for any updates.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    No rumors yet I believe. My guess would be in a month, perhaps soon after MWC. (Because I'm believing in the rumor of the March/April planned release of the Pre.)
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    I'm really hoping Palm releases the SDK (Mojo) soon as I would like to try developing for it ASAP!
    --WhoAmI--
    Sprint Palm Treo 700p with MR --> Palm Pre

T-Money is now available for the webOS! Financial planning has never been easier.
    Me To... i'm so pissed off with the Blackberry Storm i have and how unstable the OS is i want Palm to really hit it out of the Park. At least let basic functions and the phone to be solid overall. I'm hyped up to start programming for this phone.
    I really hope that Palm haven't lost sight of the fact that their early strength was based on the ease of development and openness of PalmOS.

Apple has showed how not to do it.

Please Jon et al, leave that Apple-ism behind.
    I'm going to take a shot in the dark, and say that it'll probably be released somewhere around MWC time. Palm said they had another announcement for the conference, so it would make sense for it to be the GSM version of the Pre along with the STK. Of course, this is just my optimism, and not based on rumor or facts of any kind. =P
    I just want to see what kind of 3D gaming apps can be made using just Javascript and HTML5.
  10.    #10  
    Here are two sites that highlights what is possible with Javascript (there are many others):
    http://blog.nihilogic.dk/2009/01/200...avascript.html
    http://prepoint.wordpress.com/2009/0...ats-possible-1
    Quote Originally Posted by epz3 View Post
    I just want to see what kind of 3D gaming apps can be made using just Javascript and HTML5.
    None. That's not Palm's focus for the first cycle of apps. Think of how Apple managed the release of third-party apps: no software whatsoever for the first gen, then a full-featured SDK and app store for the second gen.

Instead of starting from absolute zero, Palm releases a sandboxed SDK based on managed code, giving developers the change to rapidly code 90% of the apps they need to fill the market. Favored developers, like DataViz and Splashdata, will get special dispensation for kernel-level access as needed. Later, Palm will probably release a lower-level layer to the SDK, which I suspect will be based on Java, that will handle things like 3-D games and codecs.
    What's MWC ? Mid Week Crisis

I'd be interested to see how easy it would be to get a simple app up and running with the SDK to gauge my interest at trying to do something I hope that Palm release the SDK sooner rather than later though. After all, we need time to get to grips with it too
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I really hope that Palm haven't lost sight of the fact that their early strength was based on the ease of development and openness of PalmOS.

Apple has showed how not to do it.

Please Jon et al, leave that Apple-ism behind.

I'm looking forward to the PRE, but Im pretty sure Palm would be absolutely thrilled if their app store was even half as successful as the Apple app store. What apple did was show everybody that a mobile platform can produce near desktop quality applications delivered in a elegant wireless solution.