1.    #1  
    I'm wondering if the "pre" would have text complete? I have the 755p had the 650 & 700p.... they never had the spell check or text complete? wonder if the PRE would have that option?
    Quote Originally Posted by BXPROPHET View Post
    I'm wondering if the "pre" would have text complete? I have the 755p had the 650 & 700p.... they never had the spell check or text complete? wonder if the PRE would have that option?
    That would be nice but I have a feeling we'll have to caugh up some $'s like we'be done before.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    i don't think phones with physical keyboards really have as much of a need for word complete as those with soft keyboards because it is so much easier to type on.
    Quote Originally Posted by smatyas View Post
    i don't think phones with physical keyboards really have as much of a need for word complete as those with soft keyboards because it is so much easier to type on.
    But it helps us dummies who can't spell.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  5.    #5  
    blackberry has that spellcheck.... that **** really helps!
  6. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    Don't take this the wrong way - but Palm OS users always strike me as POWs who are being released into a world that's left them behind...

I mean.. spell-check... text complete - you are wondering if a modern OS will include those things?

i don't think phones with physical keyboards really have as much of a need for word complete
    Windows mobile has it but you can turn it off.
    Isn't text-completion a T9 kind of thing?
  8. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Isn't text-completion a T9 kind of thing?
    It is - but you still have it on qwerty keyboards - works well.
    speelckeck would be nice to have
    So would a printing utility with built in drivers in the OS for BT/wifi printing since it does not sport an IR anymore.
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    How were people printing with IR ? Do people make printers with special attachments?
    I purchase text completer software for my Treo and desktop. It's nice to not have to type all of the letters. On the Treo, textplus tracks the phrases and words you use the most. On the desktop (flash drive version so that it can be used on any computer I use) I use WordLogic. Both save time and key strokes. Instead of having to enter every letter. Admittedly, I like the textplus for palm that adjusts based on my work usage. If you are not a typist, text completers are great tools.
  13.    #13  
    if phones like the blackberry, WMphones have it shouldn't palm..? it should just be a standard instead of a secondary program.. I had text complete too and all it did was lag my phone and kill my over used phones battery life! spell check or text complete is a very helpful program that should be a standard!
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    How were people printing with IR ? Do people make printers with special attachments?
    A lot of HP laserjets came with IR ports. Very commonplace in most hospitals.
    And you need to have something like print boy.
    I never use text complete, but spell chesk would be nice.
    How about just an option to turn off any text complete? I don't remember how many times I tried saying something about an "IM" and my Treo made that into "I'm" so I'd have to go back and change it again every time. The same for the word "Well" which would always be changed to "We'll".