1.    #1  
    OK, so I was all but convinced that the silver button on the face of the Pre was simply that - a button. I was also completely convinced that its sole purpose was to bring up the launcher or the cards (can't remember which). However, Gizmodo has posted "Palm Pre: the Definitive FAQ" which states:

The phone has a multitouch screen and, when the keyboard is hidden, just three physical controls: A top button, a side volume rocker, and the Blackberry-esque trackball with clickable OK button.
    as well as:

What does the trackball do exactly?
    The trackball works a lot like those found on Blackberry phones. You can scroll around the screen highlighting various icons, links, or words, and pressing it down to select. It's just an alternate way of controlling the phone.
    They mention that they had a "Pre hands-on", but others with hands-on experience state that it is just a button. Anyone care to clarify?
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    The first quote has been changed to
    The phone has a multitouch screen and, when the keyboard is hidden, just three physical controls: A top button, a side volume rocker, clickable button at the bottom.
    and the second is gone altogether from the article.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Wow, for a "definitive" FAQ, you'd think they'd get their facts straight before publishing.
    Well, Engadget did the same thing, only with more controversy, because it was about a microSD slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Well, Engadget did the same thing, only with more controversy, because it was about a microSD slot.
    Yeah I remember reading on one of the sites that the Pre will have a microSD slot.....I am sure they changed that in the mean time.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    A trackball is something I would love to see on a future device. While the large touch screen is cool, the old 5-way navigation was invaluable in editing word docs.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    so it's all clear that's just a button, am i right?
    Quote Originally Posted by zhzyg View Post
    so it's all clear that's just a button, am i right?
    You are.
    Probably used to unlock as well if it follows the tradition of the Treo.