Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hal 9000 boot screen FTW!!!! That's the first thing I have seen that made me wanna root my pre
    Just ditched my iPhone for a pre, and boy is skinning diff
    if anyone whants to check out my dialer it's at www thebigbongtheory /palm /dialer.jpg
    anyone wants the artwork lmk!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  3.    #23  
    Someone had a lot of time on their hands to find this thread which I started in January!

Wow!

Nice work Elysian!
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    can someone please do a step by step on how to add themes to the palm pre plz, been looking for days and ive found some stuff, but they dont give an exact step by step and i dont really know anything about linux just very little, thx
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    All the themes are css based, and some png images. Its very easy to modify then. I was about 90% done with a dark theme for the messenger app, but I gave up because I just couldn't find one or two settings, and I'm not super amazing at css to begin with. I have modified my icons and even rotated my battery indicator.
    I've also modified the burst thing when you select an app to be an explosion, and I changed my boot screen as well.

I also changed the USB mode and Media Sync mode pictures.
    And modified my dialer app
    First post here.

Nice job man!! I'm not very good with such things as design work/CSS/Linux/Rooting, but I would like to learn. Man...I've wanted the HAL9000 for awhile now, so question:

Could you help me do what you did as far as the icon changes, explosion thingy, boot screen, etc?
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by gdubmedia View Post
    First post here.

Nice job man!! I'm not very good with such things as design work/CSS/Linux/Rooting, but I would like to learn. Man...I've wanted the HAL9000 for awhile now, so question:

Could you help me do what you did as far as the icon changes, explosion thingy, boot screen, etc?
    Check out the homebrew section of the forum, lots of help and interesting topics there.
    Any developers around? I hate to think I know the answer already but I am wondering, how deep can you go into skinning the OS? Will there ever be an overhaul of the OS like how zLauncher changed the look of Palm. I'm afraid with these newer OS they won't let us go deep down and customize like they did with past devices. I want my old zLauncher style pages with today screen, categories tab and have each page have a different picture to reflect the style of the page. So hard to move on. ;_;
    If you use the homebrew apps like preware there are over 200 themes available for the pre. I have the mac os x theme going now.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12