1.    #1  
    Used the White House contact form and sent the following:

I understand why President Obama likes his Blackberry. I currently have a Blackberry. However, I want to make sure the President is aware that a much better phone is about to be released, and it is by an AMERICAN company, Palm. The Palm Pre is simply amazing. There is no other smartphone that allows its user to be so connected to others. President Obama is concerned about the American economy. I suggest he switch from his Blackberry to the Palm Pre on Day One of the Pre's arrival.
    That's funny!

I'm sure they'd have to find some way to encrypt it before he got one!! Dont hold your breath.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    That's funny!

I'm sure they'd have to find some way to encrypt it before he got one!! Dont hold your breath.

LMFAO!!! We wouldn't want any presidential type secret stuff floating around in the "cloud".
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Treo 650...Treo 700p...Treo 800w...Palm Pre
    He's been using that same 8700c since campaign day one. Why hasn't the Death star just sent a bold to his house with a note saying "its on us"?
    Powah to the Headset Jockeys!
    He's not using a Blackberry, remember? He had to have NSA ok his Windows Mobile phone for use once he took office.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Ahh...but he IS using a Blackberry...

http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/22/c...edge-in-sight/
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    According to article on msnbc.com

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28780205/

"Barack Obama gets to keep his beloved BlackBerry with him in the White House for personal use, a victory for the man considered the country's first high-tech president."
    if i were him.. i would stop using it. He will once he gets "bitten" by his own words/email/txt. There is a reason those top guys stop using email and the such. To much can back and haunt them. Last thing you need is some guy to come in and call the other a "Flip-Flopper"<lol>. And win an election on that statement. All because one person received an email 3+ years ago.

He will stop using it soon enough. He just needs to get burned once with it.
    Yeah, I can see the NSA feeling really good about the "cloud" concept of the Pre. It's a non-starter.
    http://msmobiles.com/news.php/7966.html

Confirmed by a friend of mine who works for NSA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Your friend does not work at NSA, I promise you.

Classic urban legend, hoax.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    http://msmobiles.com/news.php/7966.html

Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Your friend does not work at NSA, I promise you.

Classic urban legend, hoax.
    I have never seen such a short article with so many inaccuracies.

"Internet was invented by Englishman (Tim Berners-Lee) in Europe (at Europe-located scientific organization financed by several European countries)"

No - Tim Berners-Lee came up with the idea for the World Wide Web while working at CERN, not the Internet. The Internet is an invention of the US Department of Defense working in concert with several western Universities. I am a computer science & engineering graduate from UCLA's SEAS. One of the original four nodes of ARPANET is in the basement at Boelter Hall on UCLA's campus.

"Obama switching to Windows Mobile."

Not going to happen... Just Google Obama BlackBerry and you'll find the President gets to keep his BlackBerry with "a government-provided "super encryption" package that will secure his e-mail communications and prevent hackers from accessing the device's GPS coordinates".
    My PalmOS History (all phones w/Sprint)
    Palm again...
    Treo 755p - Palm Pre (pregistered) or Treo Pro
    PalmOne
    Treo 650
    Handspring...
    Treo 300
    Samsung...
    SPH-i300
    Sony...
    Clie PEG-N710C
    Palm...
    PalmPilot Professional - Palm IIIx - Palm Vx
    I hope if he starts using the pre, he wont store the Nuke launch codes in the online version of splash ID.
    It says plainly that Obama uses a Blackberry for 'personal' use. He has other, more secure methods for his 'work' related stuff.
    I am not sure why anyone would think Obama would care about the Pre. He has got much bigger things to worry about and he is using a fairly old BB.

In any case, he is clearly an ideal corporate Blackberry user. He really just wants to be able to email.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I don't think I want our president to be using a first launch palm product.

We've all been through a few of Palm's beta programs. I don't think the Pres. has the time to devote to his toy that we devote to ours.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!