Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    It's killing me Look at this board it's already the busiest forum and the phone is probably months and months from even being released!

Anyone holding out for different versions of the Pre? like without keyboard etc and hear of ETA for such devices?
    NO! I can't wait....just waiting for the Pre is killing me. I lack sleep for my love of the pre, I need my daily intake of Pre goodies.
    I'm excited about it too, but I'm okay with waiting a bit...for the moment.

Palm just needs to keep a slow steady trickle of news coming. And they've gotta have it out by June, just like Apple did when they announced the iPhone in January 2007.
    Quote Originally Posted by machx View Post
    Anyone holding out for different versions of the Pre? like without keyboard etc and hear of ETA for such devices?
    How about one with GSM or a memory card slot.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Anyone else think the name "Pre" is stupid / irrelevant? Almost makes me hesitant like it's the "pre"cursor to a better version
    Anyone else think the name "Pre" is stupid / irrelevant? Almost makes me hesitant like it's the "pre"cursor to a better version
    I think the Phone is Junk!
    The only Cool thing about it is it's Name.

Na, I'm actually looking forward to see where Palm takes their new OS.
    Just call me Berd.
    Tell me about it. I feel the same way here.

I just want you guys at sprint to just get the phone already so that the exclusivity is well on the way to finishing up, so that the other cdma rival (Verizon) can release it as well.
    I'm hoping the time will pass quickly. Now I'm debating first day or wait a few days to let the experts on here check it out. But then I know even if it's got some quirks I'm getting it.

I think if they sold these like houses --pre-construction--at a reasonable price, I'd already have my sales slip.
    I also can't wait but I'm not planning on getting it right away. I first want to wait until its reviewed online and then I'll will need to decide if I want to switch from VZW or wait for it.
    It looks interesting but I can wait since my Centro is rock solid. I also need someone to come forward with a direct hotsync solution.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    How about a version without the camera? Many businesses such as the one I work for while allowing real cameras and flash drives forbid camera phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by starlord II View Post
    How about a version without the camera? Many businesses such as the one I work for while allowing real cameras and flash drives forbid camera phones.
    Screw driver punch the camera then fill with J-B Weld. Sand & Paint
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by starlord II View Post
    Wow, really? That doesn't make any sense to me at all... that they'd allow a real camera but not a camera phone I mean.

I can see the need to not allow cameras, because depending on the business you do, one could take pictures of confidental documents, prototypes, etc etc, but I feel like someone would be much more likely to do that with a real camera than a cameraphone.
    Trust me, I feel your pain. I think I've already posted at least 3 times as many posts on TC in the past 2 weeks than I have in all the time I've had my treos. I seriously feel like it has become a drug habit. I need my daily fix of Pre information, even if it's just speculation! After having my 755p for so long already and watching 2 versions of the iphone released for ATT, I'm just going crazy with anticipation for a phone that will FINALLY rival the technologies and slickness in the iphone AND WITH A KEYBOARD! I seriously wouldn't be surprised if TC's user and post count doubled in the past couple weeks.
    Pre fever -- Catch it!
    This phone is my destiny.
    Why would I have left VZW for Sprint 2 years ago and my upgrade discount kicks in on March 11?
    Destiny, baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    How about one with GSM or a memory card slot.
    What no memory slot ? That bogus. But what does gsm mean? And I also think the name pre is dumb. What about the palm revo LOL. I can't wait for the phone I just hope they comeout with a unlocked one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdangles18 View Post
    What no memory slot ? That bogus. But what does gsm mean? And I also think the name pre is dumb. What about the palm revo LOL. I can't wait for the phone I just hope they comeout with a unlocked one.
    GSM is the type of carrier. If you want an unlocked one, that means that the Sprint Pre being CDMA will not work for your carrier.
    "Pre Anticipation" is a nice pun
    I drowning here in Scandinavia ... all I see are Nokia and Sony E phones that are still behind what my 680 can do !!!

Does anyone know when EU will see the Pre ? ... Smartphone bliss
  20. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Rob View Post
    I drowning here in Scandinavia ... all I see are Nokia and Sony E phones that are still behind what my 680 can do !!!

Does anyone know when EU will see the Pre ? ... Smartphone bliss
    Here's when we're likely to find out...

http://www.precentral.net/palm-annou...mwc-next-month
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast