Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Thats one feature of the iphone that I really would love to have. I'm really bad at checking my voicemail, so being able to skip to a certain message would be awesome. I know there was some company that would email you your voicemail, but I think there was a monthly charge.
  2. akula34's Avatar
    Posts
    655 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    Thats one feature of the iphone that I really would love to have. I'm really bad at checking my voicemail, so being able to skip to a certain message would be awesome. I know there was some company that would email you your voicemail, but I think there was a monthly charge.
    I find it funny that you want a third party developer to provide you with this for free. You wouldn't be willing to pay the developer for their time, knowledge and skill in writing such a program?
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    I find it funny that you want a third party developer to provide you with this for free. You wouldn't be willing to pay the developer for their time, knowledge and skill in writing such a program?
    Sorry, I meant no monthly subscription fee. I really wouldn't mind paying for the app if that was possible without a subscription.
  4. akula34's Avatar
    Posts
    655 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #4  
    That's good, because I'm sick of people wanting quality apps for free.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    That's good, because I'm sick of people wanting quality apps for free.
    free apps are really nice. But if it's something super useful (and not just some stupid fart app or something like that) then I think charging a reasonable fee for it is totally fine.
  6. #6  
    You can already get free visual voicemail for Windows Mobile, Android, and Blackberry with Phone Fusion. I'm sure they will whip up a Webos version.
  7. #7  
    I really hope someone makes a visual voicemail app for the PRE just so that we can micro-manage every portion of information that arrives to the phone. With the cloud-centric information management Palm is developing, it seems very archaic to break form and have to sift through voicemail's. Seemless micro-management seems to be the theme of the device & snailmail voicemail really doesn't fit it with it.
    Powah to the Headset Jockeys!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    You can already get free visual voicemail for Windows Mobile, Android, and Blackberry with Phone Fusion. I'm sure they will whip up a Webos version.
    I'm not entirely sure, but I seem to remember reading about it being a huge hassle to have calls forwarded with Sprint, and you get charged for it. I could be mistaken, but that'd very limiting on the usefulness of something like this if Sprint hasn't changed it yet.

    Has it been officially confirmed yet that the Pre won't have it built in? Considering the otherwise horrible Samsung Instinct could do it, that's a little disappointing.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I'm not entirely sure, but I seem to remember reading about it being a huge hassle to have calls forwarded with Sprint, and you get charged for it. I could be mistaken, but that'd very limiting on the usefulness of something like this if Sprint hasn't changed it yet.

    Has it been officially confirmed yet that the Pre won't have it built in? Considering the otherwise horrible Samsung Instinct could do it, that's a little disappointing.
    That was my understanding as well. I could be wrong, but I think I looked into once before for my Treo. I also agree that its dumb that the instinct could do it but no other sprint phone has the functionality! Just doesn't make sense.
  10. #10  
    I was under the imnpression that Sprint already has already purchased rights to Visual Voicemail when they released the Instinct. So, maybe they will offer it as part of the Sprint service (?)
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by solar_plexus View Post
    I was under the imnpression that Sprint already has already purchased rights to Visual Voicemail when they released the Instinct. So, maybe they will offer it as part of the Sprint service (?)
    I hope you're right! Just seems like something that would be standard on all services by now. It's an actual PHONE function!

Posting Permissions